50hz on the Pandora?

pcp

Still Fresh
I have looked everywhere, but I can't find any detailed specs on the Pandora's screen, so I figured I'd ask you guys here. ;)

I am first and foremost getting the Pandora for Amiga emulation on the go, as every other handheld system suck at it (I'm very picky). Also, most Amiga games and demos are in 50hz and even with vsync enabled and lots of fancy filters, a 60hz screen will never get the scrolling as smooth as it was intended. So, does the Pandora support 50hz?

Ok .. Let me rephrase my question; can the Pandora run Amiga (OCS/ECS) games with ultra-smooth, non-jerky, non-teary scrolling? :) Also, if so, does it require overclocking in order to run most games smoothly?

Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait till there are 600hz monitors. Then ntsc(30),pal(25) and cinema(24) will all work. of course people are testing 72 frame/s and that doesn't fit into 600 evenly <_<

Yes. In fact, I'm fairly sure that the current version of UAE4All offers the option of which one to use when you start it.

I can't wait till there are 600hz monitors. Then ntsc(30),pal(25) and cinema(24) will all work
EDIT: Wow, non-ninja'd. That's a first. :lol:

I can't express in words how impatient I am to start playing Amiga games when my Pandora finally arrives. It is also one of the primary reasons that I ordered one, and I've staved off any kind of emulation since I did. I feel like I've been shipwrecked for all this time, and I'm staring at a watermelon that is gently floating towards my island.

Actually, one can never stress enough how awesome Amiga emulation on the Pandora is. It really feels like all these games were developed for the Pandora in the first place ;)

Actually, one can never stress enough how awesome Amiga emulation on the Pandora is. It really feels like all these games were developed for the Pandora in the first place ;)

A great many of my games seem to just sit there with a green "insert workbench" screen. Anyone know what's up? My Kickstart is fine with WinUAE and Fellow, and is of course 512kb.

D.

Say, would that make a difference for other emulators, for example PicoDrive? Is there a simple explanation of what practical difference changing the Hz settings will do for the Pandora, somewhere?

Another thing I was thinking of; has anyone tried to hook up a USB joypad to their Pandora and use it in UAE4ALL? If that works then I can use my USB Competition Pro playing miggy on the Pandora, which would be so awesome that I don't have words for it. :)

Another thing I was thinking of; has anyone tried to hook up a USB joypad to their Pandora and use it in UAE4ALL? If that works then I can use my USB Competition Pro playing miggy on the Pandora, which would be so awesome that I don't have words for it. :)

no but am willing to try, where did you get the stick from? im going to get one just for speedball 2.

bluetooth mouse works great with Cannon fodder!

no but am willing to try, where did you get the stick from? im going to get one just for speedball 2.

I don't have a bluetooth one, by my mouse, connected through a little USB hub, does the job admirably for Cannon Fodder1+2 and one of my all time faves Shufflepuck Cafe! :)

They sell them a lot of places;

http://www.vesalia.de/e_competitionusb.htm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Competition-Pro-USB-Joystick/dp/B000MGOB4S

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=828&lcsid=df132bb713434da3c822d384500c9367

Go get it! :)

Back