7 Dead Nub Units To Go

mali said:
Why not use them as dev Pandoras?

We have enough here for our own uses, and the one dead nub units are used for devs right now.

These units would normally go back for rework, but if people have a use for them we might as well sell them to those people.

Last edited by a moderator:
palmertech said:
Depends on the price, for a low enough one, would be fun to pick up, perhaps.

£150 - As always while other people have managed to nurse the nubs back to health you should assume the nubs WILL NEVER WORK.

craigix said:
We have enough here for our own uses, and the one dead nub units are used for devs right now.
Thanks, good to know :)

Pleng said:
I'd take one for £100

It's cheaper to send them back for rework so we can't just take any offer on them.

They will go back soon as, I'm sure you can tell, today is 'clean up' day and everything is being cleared out one way or another.

craigix said:
Pleng said:
I'd take one for £100

It's cheaper to send them back for rework so we can't just take any offer on them.

They will go back soon as, I'm sure you can tell, today is 'clean up' day and everything is being cleared out one way or another.

pity i'd just bought a one nubber and this'd been ideal for my pre ps1 emu needs, still £130 for a nub is a bargain!

actually come to think of it and using my gcse maths rather than my software engineering degree, i could have had a pair of no nubbers for the same price as one with one... d'oh!
still unlike the poor fellow having to decide whether to spend on a fe-male or have his pandora i've just "lost" one so have money for extra pandoras! :D

If I didn't have to explain it to the wife I'd buy one, only play SNES and C64 and then sell it when my good unit arrives. Would be a good way out of the two months cycle.

Are the nubs at all replaceable without rework/reflow? I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, smd, even fixed a broken pin on a cpu once. I might be interested, but I'm curious to know how much a replacement nub would cost.

Argtrak said:
Are the nubs at all replaceable without rework/reflow? I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, smd, even fixed a broken pin on a cpu once. I might be interested, but I'm curious to know how much a replacement nub would cost.

Yes you could potentially fix them with new nubs. The nubs will be in the region of $10-$15 each when they go on the store.

craigix said:
Just PM me since there are only 7 (note, it's not 8, I typed the title wrong!).

PM was sent :)

craigix said:
Pleng said:
I'd take one for £100

Fair enough, I don't need one tbh, I just like haggling. :D

Back