Skip The Queue

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
We have a handful of units with one failed nub. These units are up for grabs if some of you don't want/need both nubs.

Just PM me if you want to change to one of these and have it asap. Limited numbers obviously.

why don't you just mend em?

note, test nubs before installing :p

edit: hah, you don't have reflow capability...am I right?

craigix said:
We have a handful of units with one failed nub. These units are up for grabs if some of you don't want/need both nubs.

Just PM me if you want to change to one of these and have it asap. Limited numbers obviously.
Is it repairable for laity ?

Last edited by a moderator:
bah, cant send a followup to my message as your inbox is now full.
so i'll paste here..

"apart from my eyes failing and my nob.

sorry, i misread. i'd be quite happy to buy *another* with a failed nUb but not to swap. presumably im blind due to fiddling with my nub too much! ;)"

What would you need two for?

I guess you could get by with just one as a mouse in windows.
Will many games/Emulators require both?

So thinking that if you just want a Pandora as a UMPC then this offer is for you.

Hmm, how many nub problems are there, and is it something your bog standard Joe could fix if he's got average experience of electronics? If we're talking a fair amount, like 30+ units, you'll have to repair them or get people to actually want them.The offer might be juicier if you offer people a discount.

Personally I actually need the nubs, and sadly gone are the days that I'm able to do fine soldering or I might have chanced it. In all honesty, I would already have offered my once excellent electronic services to help out, but bad health left me with some co-ordination problems and I've lost all confidence since the tragic "smoking CPU" incident that still haunts my dreams. Oh.. the humanity...

I've made space in my inbox if you want to PM again.

Edit: We don't know if they can be fixed, they might come to life after lots of use, but right now we don't have time to try it. Consider them broken and that they cannot be fixed for the purposes of this.

I'm honestly sorry to hear about this problem, it's probably something really simple to fix if you have 1 or 2 units, but if 1 or 2 in every 50 units are cropping up it's a concern. It's most likely not life threatening or anything otherwise the board tests in Texas would have picked them up for sure. For anyone semi skilled in soldering I really think that you should consider taking a chance here, especially if you are late in the queue. I'd be willing to bet there's a perfectly fine nub stuck on top of an already tested PCB just waiting on you lightly dabbing it with a fine soldering iron. Come on ladies and gentlemen, show a sense of adventure! Grab these units and prove your worthiness in the art of DIY Pandora repairs. You know you'll love it so much more if you have had a major part in getting it 100%.

PS. I accept no liability if you 'cause the working total of 1st batch Pandoras to drop below 4000! Don't blame me if it all ends in tears.

Well, I surely wouldn't wait for such a long time first, and then take a semi-broken unit just because I wouldn't want to wait a few more days/weeks.

Developer alert!
animated_arrow.gif

MDave said:
I'm interested if these faulty Pandora's are cheaper then then full price £270~ $330 ones ... ;)

Arkay Firestar said:
Couldn't these just be given to developers as a loaner until their systems get to them?

what if these developers want to dev with nubs in mind.

I think it is sad to hear there is still an issue with the nubs after all the effort that was put in to them, on the bright side all the reviewers really like the nubs so thumbs (or nubs) up to the team :)

One broken nub = developer assigns the other nub to test features he or she intends to use on the broken nub. As long as one nub works, it's just a few parameters that needs tweaking for testing purposes. If the price is right i could be interested in one with a working left nub myself... I don't foresee much need for a right one for my possible uses.
B!

Mr B said:
One broken nub = developer assigns the other nub to test features he or she intends to use on the broken nub. As long as one nub works, it's just a few parameters that needs tweaking for testing purposes. If the price is right i could be interested in one with a working left nub myself... I don't foresee much need for a right one for my possible uses.
B!

...or they use a USB gamepad, etc. I'd be tempted to accept one if I could swap for a normal Pandora later. Though that might be influenced by the fact that I'm about #3998 in the queue...

Who exactly developed the nubs anyway? Was it a person or a team? Who was in charge if it was a team (some "Nub Head" I guess)?

Back