Skip The Queue

I don't have DIY experience, but I messaged Craig on the basis that I can't wait, and that I might know someone who could *possibly* fix it for me. If not, one of the popular hardware modders here might be willing to do it for a fee at some point. A fee I'm willing to pay for an early Pandora. To get the Pandora in my hands ready for when I leave for France would be fantastic.

By not taking this chance, I could be waiting months. TitanUranus is right—sometimes you just need to be adventurous and take a gamble!

neogramps said:
wow, so this is the shitty news that opt was keeping quiet. still no news on today's delivery - typical i suppose, this kind of patchy info is what we've had for 2 years - no reason it'd change now.

You can't see me, but at this moment, I'm playing the world's smallest violin.

Last edited by a moderator:
neogramps said:
wow, so this is the shitty news that opt was keeping quiet. still no news on today's delivery - typical i suppose, this kind of patchy info is what we've had for 2 years - no reason it'd change now.

Yeah, that's the news we kept quiet by.. err.. posting it on the forum? The disaster of a few broken nubs.

Who knows, maybe it will be more when the 400 have shipped! WHAT WILL WE DO?!?!?!?

MDave said:
What do you think, should I opt for one? :p

Waterboy_2.jpg

I've refrained from posting since shipping began. Mainly because I can't believe the negatism, self-centeredness, rudeness and attitude portrayed by a large percentage of people here lately. I won't name names, but the behavoir can't be justified by perhaps a mood swing or a bad day; it's consistent over many posts by the same people.

For anyone new to the forums, please don't judge the entire community by the few vocal, self- centered few. It's getting to be embarassing at times to hear some of the whining. Kudo's to the OP team for having more patience and understanding than I do. My guess is that many of the silent masses don't dare post for fear of attack, rebuking or nit piking nonsense. That and my signature tell the story of why I seldom post. Peace.out

What a negative post from Twitcher there...

Just joking, hope I'm not one of your PITA's. You make a good point, but names would be helpful. Don't be shy, name them and shame them.

Yeah, that's the news we kept quiet by.. err.. posting it on the forum?

Sorry to be negative craig, but after over a year of agonizing waiting, the final few weeks are becoming unbearable.

The team has been quiet all day - and you still haven't said anything about the "400" figure; one person has reported getting a shipping notice today. The first thing you do come out with is pretty bad news - "skip the queue - get your broken pandora now" - doesn't look good from user end.

I know you guys are working yourselves to the bone and the customer support you are putting out for users with problems is excellent, but the day to day info for those of us waiting is really patchy and unclear. Everything is in your hands now, so there are no excuses for not giving a blow by blow - "hey guys we shipped another 50 today" or "hey guys, we didn't manage to ship the batch today cos we were testing them more thoroughly" - that's all we need to hear

TitanUranus said:
<snip>

ADDITION: God Ginrai, now I'm wondering about the absolutely enormous wastage that's taken up by people quoting others and copying screeds of text and sometimes multiple reposts of pictures. Aren't these far more wasteful than me posting a second single line self contained post? I think it's a bit of a "remove the plank from thine own eye before trying to remove the mote from mine" issue (though I'm not saying you do it, just that the concept of giving me a ticking off for something that absolutely pales in comparrison to something else is appropriate). Open your eyes and go after the bigger fish if you have an issue with space on threads. Your quote of my last message took more space than the actual line that offended you in the first place by the way.

Dude, just suck it up and follow forum etiquette. People who quote unnecessarily long posts are also in the wrong, and should snip out the unimportant parts of the quote (as I did above) to cut down on wasted space and bandwidth. Don't get all high and mighty and defensive because someone corrected you on something, just take a hint from a long-standing member of these forums and don't multiple-post.

SONY said:
neogramps said:
The team has been quiet all day.
"The team" also have jobs (outside of OpenPandora), family, and other commitments.
I'm pretty sure that if I were behind this proyect with the role of doing their work, I'd have probably surrendered and quitted many months ago. I still don't know how they are still capable of going on with such stamina. So this is a big thank you! Keep on rocking those pandoras out!! B)

[quote name='SONY' date='28 May 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1275091810' post='861234'
"The team" also have jobs (outside of OpenPandora), family, and other commitments.
[/quote]

Clearly, their only real job is to satisfy our arbitrary and increasingly strident demands for attention¡

Edit: Strange! When I view this post, it quotes what I typed as if it were what Sony said as well, but when I go to edit it, it shows the correct quote.

Vorporeal said:
Dude, just suck it up and follow forum etiquette. People who quote unnecessarily long posts are also in the wrong, and should snip out the unimportant parts of the quote (as I did above) to cut down on wasted space and bandwidth. Don't get all high and mighty and defensive because someone corrected you on something, just take a hint from a long-standing member of these forums and don't multiple-post.

I'm not exactly sure why you think I'd get all high and mighty. I hate not knowing the reason for things, I asked a civil question, and in truth the answer I got was pretty pathetic. If it's etiquette that's fine, but I'd still like to know why. I've no problem with someone saying "this is the way to do things", but I expect them to be able to give me a logical and consistent answer, that's not really a lot to ask. So don't get all 'high and mighty' (as you put it) with me and tell me to accept what someone says 'cause they have more posts or been here longer. If someone asks me why you don't do 2 consecutive posts in the future I'd like to be able to explain the reason to them, not just tell them "'cause I say so and I've been here longer".

craigix said:
neogramps said:

Yeah, that's the news we kept quiet by.. err.. posting it on the forum? The disaster of a few broken nubs.

Who knows, maybe it will be more when the 400 have shipped! WHAT WILL WE DO?!?!?!?

LOL
yeah, that's why companies are usually more secretive, a few drama-queen individuals goes into panic and spread doomsday exaggerations.

you offer people a chance to get their devices early vs a slight drawback (broken nub) and some troll who's just waiting for an excuse to bitch comes in.

some people don't realize how often electronic devices fail (and some are just frustrated whiny kids)

Xbox 360 failure rate: 23.7%,
PS3: 10%,
Wii: 2.7%

that's not counting the consoles that failed QA at the factory before even being sold/shipped.

OMG!! THIS IS NORMAL!!

Back