Skip The Queue

neogramps said:
"hey guys, we didn't manage to ship the batch today cos we were testing them more thoroughly" - that's all we need to hear

HAHAHAHA
Riiiiiiight, like no one's gonna bitch if they made that kind of statement.

I can already imagine the: "OMG!!!111!! MOAR DELAYZ!!1!!!!1! I was so right to not order one." posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
TitanUranus said:
I'm not exactly sure why you think I'd get all high and mighty. I hate not knowing the reason for things, I asked a civil question, and in truth the answer I got was pretty pathetic. If it's etiquette that's fine, but I'd still like to know why. I've no problem with someone saying "this is the way to do things", but I expect them to be able to give me a logical and consistent answer, that's not really a lot to ask. So don't get all 'high and mighty' (as you put it) with me and tell me to accept what someone says 'cause they have more posts or been here longer. If someone asks me why you don't do 2 consecutive posts in the future I'd like to be able to explain the reason to them, not just tell them "'cause I say so and I've been here longer".

It is mainly down to etiquette and common sense, Not many people want to read two, Three or more posts, One after the other
from the same person. That, And it has been generally frowned upon here on these forums for quite a few years.

Though there is nothing in the forum rules to say this is wrong, I myself do merge multiple consecutive posts by other members
(As i have done with your earlier posts in this thread), And tell them to edit their posts in future, Rather than multi-post.

Trooper

trooper said:
TitanUranus said:
I'm not exactly sure why you think I'd get all high and mighty. I hate not knowing the reason for things, I asked a civil question, and in truth the answer I got was pretty pathetic. If it's etiquette that's fine, but I'd still like to know why. I've no problem with someone saying "this is the way to do things", but I expect them to be able to give me a logical and consistent answer, that's not really a lot to ask. So don't get all 'high and mighty' (as you put it) with me and tell me to accept what someone says 'cause they have more posts or been here longer. If someone asks me why you don't do 2 consecutive posts in the future I'd like to be able to explain the reason to them, not just tell them "'cause I say so and I've been here longer".

It is mainly down to etiquette and common sense, Not many people want to read two, Three or more posts, One after the other
from the same person. That, And it has been generally frowned upon here on these forums for quite a few years.

Though there is nothing in the forum rules to say this is wrong, I myself do merge multiple consecutive posts by other members
(As i have done with your earlier posts in this thread), And tell them to edit their posts in future, Rather than multi-posts.

Trooper
There used to be, I think (this would have been at least a couple years ago) a feature that would automatically merge posts made by the same user within a few minutes. I assume it's not longer functional, but maybe something like this could be added to the board?

trooper said:
TitanUranus said:

(As i have done with your earlier posts in this thread), And tell them to edit their posts in future, Rather than multi-posts.

Trooper

I've seen some forums where they auto merge multiple consecutive posts by the same member, wonder if there is such a plugin or something for these forums. It should be a standard forum feature in this day and age too! :p

Craig, check your PM's!

EDIT: Sorta ninja'd by Tom' :p

Don't worry I've got the PM's, just checking to see how many we can supply. Just keep PM'ing as I can come back to you if we have any more failed nubs.

craigix said:
Don't worry I've got the PM's, just checking to see how many we can supply. Just keep PM'ing as I can come back to you if we have any more failed nubs.

You could always make a few more with non functional nubs quite easily.

Thanks everyone for the good replies regarding the double posting. Like I said, it was a concious descision NOT to merge the posts in order to seperate the 2, regardless of whether someone had posted an intermediate post or not. It still seems a bit odd to me that this was focused upon, I mean I get quite pissed off at the people who quote absolutely massive posts, especially with pictures. That seems far more of an issue. To me it seems a bit like complaining about a bogey on the bedsheet and ignoring the fact someones shat allover it.

Twiitcher said:
I've refrained from posting since shipping began. Mainly because I can't believe the negatism, self-centeredness, rudeness and attitude portrayed by a large percentage of people here lately. I won't name names, but the behavoir can't be justified by perhaps a mood swing or a bad day; it's consistent over many posts by the same people.

For anyone new to the forums, please don't judge the entire community by the few vocal, self- centered few. It's getting to be embarassing at times to hear some of the whining. Kudo's to the OP team for having more patience and understanding than I do. My guess is that many of the silent masses don't dare post for fear of attack, rebuking or nit piking nonsense. That and my signature tell the story of why I seldom post. Peace.out

Lately? I've been lurking here since 2008, and it's always been that way as far as I can remember. In fact, I find it kind of entertaining and it's one of the reasons I've been a frequent visitor here :lol:

Like your sig by the way ("Never argue with an idiot - listeners / readers can't tell the difference"), good alternative to another one of my favourite quotes - Never argue with idiots: they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TitanUranus said:
craigix said:

You could always make a few more with non functional nubs quite easily.

- the fact someones shat allover it.

LMFAO, so true! Intentional FTW!!!

Also, I've done that. :(

TitanUranus said:
I mean I get quite pissed off at the people who quote absolutely massive posts, especially with pictures. That seems far more of an issue. To me it seems a bit like complaining about a bogey on the bedsheet and ignoring the fact someones shat allover it.

Regarding the `Massive post quoting`, There is a forum rule for that.

- Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

I suppose that could include pictures too.

Back on topic. :rolleyes:

Trooper

ok im interested, but if i could change/fix it on the future that would be great, and would let me start already with my projects.

I should have been among the first to send you a PM, yet the forum says it has not been read. I hope it has :)

Da Dude said:
Better option to sent them to developers.
So we have the emulators faster.

Yep, give them to the people that will make best use of it. Seems like a good business decision to me.

joseluisjazz said:
I'm pretty sure that if I were behind this project with the role of doing their work, I'd have probably surrendered and quitted many months ago.

Then, according to OPT, you'd have lost your house.

Sorry if I came across as a troll - i'm not - bad day + a week of unsuccessfully F5 an inbox = bad mood.

That + craig's first post being "bad news", made for a bit of a rant.

Still at least we found out they shipped another 60, which puts the total shipped ~200, unless there have been big batches going out which we didn't know about.

I've not read all the PM's yet, but I'm aware of them and will start answering today. We just want to see if any of this giant 200 run have fault nubs first.

Craig, just out of interest what sort of failure rate are we talking here? 5 out of 200? Or is it more serious?

I'm apparently 300 - 400 in the queue so I would be crazy to accept a faulty one rather than wait a couple of days just through impatience.

carlgeorge said:
Craig, just out of interest what sort of failure rate are we talking here? 5 out of 200? Or is it more serious?

I'm apparently 300 - 400 in the queue so I would be crazy to accept a faulty one rather than wait a couple of days just through impatience.

Seems pretty solid so far, just the odd units here and there, most can be repaired at the end. (I hope I've not jinxed it now!).

Back