Skip The Queue

TitanUranus said:
Who exactly developed the nubs anyway? Was it a person or a team? Who was in charge if it was a team (some "Nub Head" I guess)?
They contracted it out to some company, which went bankrupt, costing them $30,000, and then someone from openpandora had to finish the firmware.

This is one of the things that Craigix was going to write about after this is all done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they probably are completely functional as an aesthetic enhhancement to the overall symmetry, beyond that I read it as meaning they don't do anything. Which is ok, if they were sending randomly interfering signals it'd be a real big world of shit. From what I understand the nubs probably work perfectly, as does the PCB - it's just there's no communication between the 2 (probably just not soldered on right).

This could become a new saying, "That man's as happy as a pandora user with 2 nubs".

TitanUranus said:
This could become a new saying, "That man's as happy as a pandora user with 2 nubs".

Could you refrain from double posting like this? You can just use the Edit button.

-God Ginrai

What makes me curious is why they cannot be fixed. Are the nubs dead? Bad solder? Board problem?
Is it not possible for a person to later get another nub or have another sent along to repair it themselves?
Does this mean if one of our nubs dies it cannot be replaced/repaired?

Sorry, but these are the things this makes me want to know.
Knowledge is power. :p

Poem58 said:
What makes me curious is why they cannot be fixed. Are the nubs dead? Bad solder? Board problem?
Is it not possible for a person to later get another nub or have another sent along to repair it themselves?
Does this mean if one of our nubs dies it cannot be replaced/repaired?
They probably can be fixed, but everyone is so busy building Pandoras right now that they don't have time to look into it.

This is a hot topic! I'm soooooo tempted! :wub:

e.g. Would you take a hot chick, good brains, and everything else intact...EXCEPT! She only has one boob?

I know I would... :wub:

SONY said:
Would you take a hot chick, good brains, and everything else intact...EXCEPT! She only has one boob?
Do you have something against those that had a breast cancer ?????

Sony, these are nubs not nipples. God Ginrai, I actually considered using edit, then elected to make it a seperate post since it was not an amendment or relevant addendum to the previous post, but an independent idea. Why was that wrong? I'm sure there is a good reason, it's just I'm struggling to find it.

Is it the left nubs or the right nubs that are not working, Or do we get to choose ?.

I`d personally go for a left working nub, As i could easily find something to do with
my right-hand to keep that occupied.

Trooper

TitanUranus said:
God Ginrai, I actually considered using edit, then elected to make it a seperate post since it was not an amendment or relevant addendum to the previous post, but an independent idea. Why was that wrong? I'm sure there is a good reason, it's just I'm struggling to find it.

A post doesn't have to be one idea. It can be as many as possible. Double posting in a topic takes up a lot more space than one post, and is discourteous to those who are reading the topic, just like having large signatures. The only time it is acceptable to make a double post is to bump a topic or if you ran into limitations on a post, such as a finite quote limit.

-God Ginrai

SONY said:
sebt3 said:
SONY said:
Would you take a hot chick, good brains, and everything else intact...EXCEPT! She only has one boob?

No, I don't...and that's the reason why I totally would.

No, I suspect that the reason is because you're desperate.

D.

It's a big job to take them off the board and we don't have time to do it right now, maybe later we will, but now because people have mentioned in the past they are not too interested in the nubs they can jump in and take these units and save us time.

Oh and now I have an awesome photo to take and tweet!

sebt3 said:
SONY said:

What a totally idiotic question, try reading the guys post properly before knee jerk PC reactions take over your brain. Personally I'm not sure if I would or not. I think I would, but there are limits - obviously. If we weren't predjudiced by looks I'd probably strike up a relationship with the elephant man since he seemed like an absolutely lovely bloke. I think the symetrical nature of breasts is quite important to me, more than size. A woman with no boobs would to me be preferable than one with one boob. Most women who've had a mastectomy recieve exceptionally advanced cosmetic surgery that renders the whole breast cancer phobic notion a touch dated.

ADDITION: God Ginrai, now I'm wondering about the absolutely enormous wastage that's taken up by people quoting others and copying screeds of text and sometimes multiple reposts of pictures. Aren't these far more wasteful than me posting a second single line self contained post? I think it's a bit of a "remove the plank from thine own eye before trying to remove the mote from mine" issue (though I'm not saying you do it, just that the concept of giving me a ticking off for something that absolutely pales in comparrison to something else is appropriate). Open your eyes and go after the bigger fish if you have an issue with space on threads. Your quote of my last message took more space than the actual line that offended you in the first place by the way.

Dead1nside said:
I think a reduction in price and sending it to developers in the queue, if they like, would be a good idea. Craig's call ultimately.

I consider that to be the best option as well. Charging someone the same amount for a faulty device just to skip the queue doesn't feel right.

b_o_b said:
Dead1nside said:
I think a reduction in price and sending it to developers in the queue, if they like, would be a good idea. Craig's call ultimately.

I consider that to be the best option as well. Charging someone the same amount for a faulty device just to skip the queue doesn't feel right.

Free TV out cable?

Back