7 Dead Nub Units To Go

craigix said:
Looks like these are all sold now. Will update if anyone backs out.

Frak, my email went at 10:47. Maybe I made it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like someone made a nice investment ;p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANDORA-CONSOLE-OPEN-SOURCE-HANDHELD-GAMING-SYSTEM-/260625106812?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cae77877c#ht_957wt_911

Garrick said:
Looks like someone made a nice investment ;p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANDORA-CONSOLE-OPEN-SOURCE-HANDHELD-GAMING-SYSTEM-/260625106812?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item3cae77877c#ht_957wt_911
I'm assuming that that's Craig. He did say the 4 remaining one nubbers that no one seemed interested in trading for would be sold on ebay.
Personally I'd have put them up as four separate auctions expiring 12 hours apart, but I'm a greedy bastard. :p

If broken 'nubs' were spread evenly among the population, statistics are not looking good for Pandora:

7/700 = .01 = 1% chance of 2 faulty 'nubs'
.01 ^ .5 = .1 = 10% chance of single faulty 'nub'
1 - (1 - .1) ^ 2 = .19 = 19% chance of Pandora having at least one faulty 'nub'

Your math and logic are off... anyway the company is testing the boards better now that MW sent a nub tester to them.

nootkey said:
If broken 'nubs' were spread evenly among the population, statistics are not looking good for Pandora:

7/700 = .01 = 1% chance of 2 faulty 'nubs'
.01 ^ .5 = .1 = 10% chance of single faulty 'nub'
1 - (1 - .1) ^ 2 = .19 = 19% chance of Pandora having at least one faulty 'nub'
Except that the faulty nubs were caught. It's like having a bag with 100 marbles, looking in and specifically pulling out 10 black marbles against a sea of white ones, and then asking what the probability of reaching in and pulling out another black one would be. Idealy it would be 0% (you've already pulled out all 10 black ones) but maybe there's a few sitting in the bottom of the bag that you missed. In either case, it isn't 10%, unless your "QA" process of removing marbles had a 50% failure rate itself.

Damn, refeshed the other thread, got one from the one nub on ebay and now I see here , just after I payed, that there are non-nubs for sale...

"_ç-è"éç-'é"ç-'çé"-

pfff

I don't need nubs...

edit: of course also missed these are also gone... it's my lucky day... :blink:
How well, at least I got one now and an other on order :D

150GBP is not a bad price at all. I guess I would have bought a one as my pre-order unit is arround 2000. Too bad.

Garrick said:
Those sold fast.

I thought they were fixing the remaining 'dodgy' units - by that i mean earlier on this week or late last week there was a comment made about trying to fix all the units that had dodgy nubs?

Ah well .. its just another way of annoying those of us who waited, waited, waited .... and gave up

I'm sure they are fixing all faulty boards but as these are fully built units also it would be counter productive to disassemble and return the boards then wait to get them back and rebuild.

If your that annoyed and desperately can't wait maybe you should have bought one of these. I'm also pretty sure they are not looking for ways to annoy people. More like they are clearing out the hall ready for the next lot of parts coming in.

Craig please check PM... I just want to make sure everything is all right with order :)

Argtrak said:
Are the nubs at all replaceable without rework/reflow? I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, smd, even fixed a broken pin on a cpu once. I might be interested, but I'm curious to know how much a replacement nub would cost.
Leaving availability in the middle, you might want to check Michael's "Pandora hacker guide". Page 2 shows pretty clearly how the nubs are attached.

Can anyone from OPT (Michael?) say what the specs of the nubs are? I'm guessing they're similar to those readily available analog sticks? I might want to attach some other component instead of the dead nubs.

Ah crap, forgot about the two Atmels... although those can be replaced as well ;)

That leaves me wondering, are the nubs not functioning or did something go wrong with flashing the controllers? Looking at photos they're ATmega8's.

Back