7 Dead Nub Units To Go

^ I haven't heard of faulty controllers, yet. The members posting here only mentioned physical defects, afaik. I suppose the nub wouldn't be recognized at all if the controller was not flashed properly.

I wouldn't have minded the team selling the first 5 units ever made. The first Pandora sold on ebay got around $1,200 USD. Now assuming they were sold before any other releases I think they would all get between $1k and $1.2k USD, thats around $5k-$6k USD, that might buy a plane ticket to [place thats not getting stuff done]. I would have given up a 5 Pandora delay (0-1 day?) for the possibility to complete all 4k (minus 5 I guess) a couple weeks sooner.

It would also have lowered the resale price for those who bought a Pandora simply to resell it, therefore spreading the initial profit for the community instead of the individual.

Now getting upset at all about selling defective Pandoras that were offered here with no takers seems just silly to me...

Congrats to the OP team on making money on those defective Pandoras, you deserve it for all the hard work you have done.

Unbelievable! Brilliant!

I got unit *TODAY* I have it in my hand!!!
Both nubs WORK!!!!!

I don't know *why* the nubs work, I was wiggling them around a lot before i turned it out (just to see what they would feel like to use) whatever - im ecstactic! :D :D

Maybe i shoulda kept my mouth shut... I'm kinda worried craig is going to ask me to send it back and get it replaced for a broken one.. :eek:

WombleGoneBad said:
Unbelievable! Brilliant!

I got unit *TODAY* I have it in my hand!!!
Both nubs WORK!!!!!

I don't know *why* the nubs work, I was wiggling them around a lot before i turned it out (just to see what they would feel like to use) whatever - im ecstactic! :D :D

Maybe i shoulda kept my mouth shut... I'm kinda worried craig is going to ask me to send it back and get it replaced for a broken one.. :eek:

They might respond, but they don't work as they should, and no amount of us trying made them work correctly. They will probably work 'good enough' for, say, the mouse on the desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are definitely not working as they should (as expected offcourse). The left one barely goes up, while the right one goes down rapidly even without touching it. Left and right works fine on both. So glad this thing has a touchscreen :D

My nubs work perfectly.

However, I must remember to calibrate them on -every- reboot and wakeup-from-sleep. If you do not do this, they are liable to get confused.

I have been able to have perfectly calibrated nubs every single 'session' where I sit down to play some games and use the joysticks.

The reason for this, I believe, is that the nubs can switch modes -from joystick to mouse to button- and some apps/games don't reset the nubs with the previous calibration data.

This is supposed to be fixed - easily - by putting a calibration-state-save between joystick/mouse/button state changing .. but it hasn't been done yet.

So you have to calibrate the joysticks, and be sensitive to whether they are in joystick/button/mouse mode, also.

Also: If you load up some emu's without switching the nubs first (see the system accessory), you can get poor results. I have found that if I put the nubs in button mode - i.e. they are a simple toggle - I can use them quite well in Pandoricutron, for example. But leaving them in mouse mode screws things up immensely..

Please Check your PMs Craig. I sent payment more then a week ago and have no idea of the status of my order.

Back