A bunch of pictures

It needs a second look for me, to notice the CPU Board Dummy : Its the tiny Board on the USB Ports..

First i tought, it was the Big Board, but this is the Defboard from TI ..

Well, not that much to report this week.

Nikolaus has populated some PCBs (so I've got something to show at the GamesCom) and got the BOE display to work (without the Solomon Chip yet).

As you might be interested to see some pictures of the populated PCB, here you are:

attachicon.gif
DSC01983.jpeg
attachicon.gif
DSC01984.jpeg
attachicon.gif
DSC01985.jpeg

attachicon.gif
DSC01986.jpeg
attachicon.gif
DSC01987.jpeg
attachicon.gif
DSC01989.jpeg

I mostly took care of the T-Shirt and merchandising stuff that will be ready to order for GamesCom (or shortly after).

aTc, lunixbochs and TrashyMG are fiddling around with devboards right now (well, lunixbochs uses Trashys via SSH) and they got the SGX to work (with quite a few issues still, but it does work).

Maybe I'll be able to show some 3D stuff at the GamesCom as well - but we'll see that.

Right now it seems Ubuntu ARM is better supporting the OMAP5 than Debian - so maybe we'll steal some packages from Ubuntu for our OS or maybe even use a minimized version of Ubuntu (without all the bloat).

It's too early to tell something right now, it's mostly playing around to see that things are working. Ubuntu and Debian are very close together, so some exchange between both might be a good idea.

Oh, before I forgot:

It seems subscribing to the newsletter had some certification issues - so in case you didn't receive your confirmation mail when trying to subscribe, you should now be able to do that.
OMG Pyra Pr0n... *-*

Last edited by a moderator:
An aluminum Pandora case?! my plastic has cracked from stress from daily use.. a part of its gone... that sounds really nice. hmmm metal

the rumble thing could be an option or is it incorporated by default? i ask this for those who don't find an interest to it, it adds some cost to the overall price. (how much?)

the rumble thing could be an option or is it incorporated by default? i ask this for those who don't find an interest to it, it adds some cost to the overall price. (how much?)
Most likely less than a dollar a unit. a quick search at some hobby electronics sites have similar motors for about $1.50USD with a ton of mark up.. my guess it's prob somewhere between $0.45 and $.85 when bought in large quantities.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably cost MORE to remove it from certain pyras..bit can't cost that much to warrant scapelling

I never wished for rumble, but now that it's there I think it's awesome to have as an extra feature.

An immediate use that just popped into my mind - a teach yourself to blind type on the Pyra... buzzes you if you press the wrong key.

A Doom port that vibrates every time you take damage? Awesome!

=~. O =

The Board on the Pictures seems to have the 3G Module on it, there is a SIM Card Reader..

Thos this mean the WIFI ONLY will develop, when the First Batch is ready to Produce, or is the WIFI ONLY now from the table??

I will get 3g Version, because i have the CC Pandora, and the Sucessor should be the best modell ..

The Board on the Pictures seems to have the 3G Module on it, there is a SIM Card Reader..

Thos this mean the WIFI ONLY will develop, when the First Batch is ready to Produce, or is the WIFI ONLY now from the table??

I will get 3g Version, because i have the CC Pandora, and the Sucessor should be the best modell ..
I kinda feel like this about mine too.  Both will still be "the first version", also.

Back