A Community game to be ready for launch! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED.

ben_monk

Still Fresh
PLEASE USE THISTHREAD INSTEAD

08.10.08 - Sadly I can't help any more with the project as I have my GCSE mocks to worry about, and there is nothing really for me to help with.

PokePandorx has taken over the project, on THIS thread, please contact him for any help.

If someone could email me please, when this gets into testing. If you want me to help with anhything relating to the game PLEASE contact me- I can't wait to see it!

The original first post will be kept as memory :)

ben_monk

'Wario-Ware' Style game (name 'Pandora Panic')

Hi.

My idea was was this, and posted orignally in a different thread-

ben_monk said:
Maybe instead, for an easier community task, every developer interested could make a comical mini-game, 'Wario-Ware' style, that could be threaded together to make a proper, and easy, community launch game.

I think this would be a fun and easy project that could be completed for the Pandora's launch.

Sadly, I have no skill in graphics, music or programming, so sadly I can't help. But I need YOU to.

This game needs:
A name. [tick - 'Pandora Panic' - suggested by liquidphantom] (Please post any other suggestions though, if you think you can think of a better one!)
A game engine to make it easy to create/ add minigames.
Minigame developers!
A lead organiser, who can put all the minigames together in one game.
A music designer, if possible.
A graphics designer, when outside of minigames.
To be finished by the end of November!

As I said before, I have no experience ever doing something like this, so if someone more experienced wants to replace me please PM me!

Even if you're not good at anything, PLEASE say that you like the project. It'll need beta testing, feedback and ideas from consumers if it's going to work!
So, any volunteers/ ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say good luck with the project. I started work on a Wario Ware clone back on the GP32 (http://www.emuboards.com/guyfawkes/warioware.htm) and it is a lot more work than you initially think. It is like writing hundreds of small games one after another and gets very boring.

I am doubtful you will get the game finished by end of November. Having the tasks split between devs will speed things up, but like I said above there is a lot to do. A more realistic time frame would be 6 months time.

Again, good luck with the project. I love the Wario Ware series and had always wanted to see it on the GP2X, the Pandora would be even better with touchscreen, mic and wifi... loads of possibilities!

Guyfawkes said:
Just wanted to say good luck with the project. I started work on a Wario Ware clone back on the GP32 (http://www.emuboards.com/guyfawkes/warioware.htm) and it is a lot more work than you initially think. It is like writing hundreds of small games one after another and gets very boring.

I am doubtful you will get the game finished by end of November. Having the tasks split between devs will speed things up, but like I said above there is a lot to do. A more realistic time frame would be 6 months time.

Again, good luck with the project. I love the Wario Ware series and had always wanted to see it on the GP2X, the Pandora would be even better with touchscreen, mic and wifi... loads of possibilities!

Why don't you take over this project then? I personally would just like to see a Wario Ware clone on the Pandora, and seeing as I have no experience on making ANY game you would easily be best to do it!

Well I can't program for shit, but I am a Tester so I'll help out there.

As for name how about "Pandora Panic"?

liquidphantom said:
Well I can't program for shit, but I am a Tester so I'll help out there.

As for name how about "Pandora Panic"?

Nice name! I like it!

Thanks for volunteering to test! :)

I am currently coding on the 360 so all my free time is now spent on that at the moment. For the Pandora, I did start a Picross clone a few months ago but the project is on hold until I get the hardware to check some possible design issues before I continue it. I hope to continue working on the game early next year if there is enough interest.

I'm not sure about actively working on the project (if I have time...), but I may offer my game engine for you guys to use.
It's c++/SDL and has tilesheet loading, sounds/music (SDL_Mixer), Sprite and Animated Sprite, fixed point particle engine, etc.

I say may, because I'd have to discuss it with other people... :D

I'll help out is whatever way i can

Been a while since i programmed but could help out if source code available p&|a

Or I could help promote the game or even test :ph34r:

maybe "Pandora devices"
or "Pandorama!"

Anyway, I'd be willing to do some graphics and maybe even a minigame or two

Depending on the language being used I may be able to help with a few minigames. Python anyone?

I'll test. Just PM me with contact details, and I'll send mine back. I can do research or whatev as well.

Edit: Also, considering the amount of open-source lua games... go with that, maybe? I dunno.

I could help with some coding (c , python, lua whatever) but i won't have much time due to my main project(not pandora).

Pandemic? :confused:
"Phandora" or Fandora... lol
yeah, stick with pandora panic

Throwing it all together would become really hard if there is no guideline from the beginning and we have no way to check if the minigames work or not.
I doubt this will work :confused:

Sounds like fun and I'd like to help out, I've never played WarioWare though :confused:

I prefer C++ and SDL so PokeParadox's engine sounds ideal for me. Any idea of what you want?

Back