A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig used the partsmoney and the 1GHz orders for the iCP2.

The parts money was over 1 year ago, the iCP2 wasn't even planned then.

And I also wouldn't agree to such things unless you have any evidence for that.

And yes, I will still take care about old preorders from Craig as well as good as possible, whatever will happen here.

Not much to discuss privately about, as we did it already.

Either I need the payment for these 70 units or catch up with classic preorders for my customers and from then on it's 1:1 again.

This means that the more sales I have, the faster this will happen.

Craig wanted to care about advertisement and produce hundreds of new orders before christmas, so when that happens, everything should continue.

So no, this is not entirely in my hands.

I'm handling the production (which runs good) and once enough orders have been made thanks to Craigs planned press push, we'll probably catch up with these units pretty soon and can continue as planned.

I'm ready for the orders, GC are producing 500 PCBs next week ;)

Just a quick addition:

I don't want to rant about Craig here or blame him or whatever.

What happened happened, we probably all made mistakes during the last year, and we all had our ideas.

I'm still trying my best to solve everything as good as possible, but my choices are limited (especially with delicate money issues).

But I don't like the answer "it's all in ED's hands now" which makes it sound like it's my fault no 1GHz preorder units are being shipped right.

Neither the 1GHz-preorder idea was mine, nor the price (I wanted to have it a little higher only than the Rebirth one) nor was it my fault that I didn't receive the payment I had planned in to pay for the next units.

These were Craigs ideas, it seems they didn't work out as good as planned, which is sad, but it's not his fault.

You never know exactly what the best way is.

But I don't like it if it sounds like this was all my fault and my plan didn't work out (because this part never was my plan ;) )

Anyways, I agree we need to find a solution together and I'm open for every suggestion and solution.

I can still guarantee that each new order will ship right away, as well as every upgrade and I still will use the profit made from any unit to fullfill classic preorders (and in worst case even the 1GHz orders from Craig if there's no other chance in the end).

I don't want to know what will happen when the rest of the undelivered GHz Preorders will be cancelled and reordered again from ED.

I can still guarantee that each new order will ship right away, as well as every upgrade and I still will use the profit made from any unit to fullfill classic preorders (and in worst case even the 1GHz orders from Craig if there's no other chance in the end).

Thank you (both) for your continued dedication and commitment to your customers.

ED's positive attitude once again shines through - I for one have 100% faith he will ensure ALL pre orders are fulfilled, probably will take a while though.

Lets look at it like this..

What happened, happened.

ED is going out of his way to try and keep saving things.. his new sales and sending units to Craigs customers (slowly, but surely.) These are already paid for units where the $$ is lost for one reason or another.. and now they're being paid for again, byt EDs sales (ie: which could be EDs profits, or more likely to help against EDs debts.) But the $$ is instead going to help out Craigs customers. (to be fair, Craig took some bullets for the project as well.)

Thats pretty charitable already .. ED coudl be in the black earlier, but instead he's staying in the red for the benefit of the community.

But when 70 units or whatever went to craig, with promise of being paid for.. the payment never occurred. Big pile of refunds or _whatever_, the point is.. ED took another big hit of cost, sending a pile of stuff to Craig.. and got no payment. Its insane, but it is what it is. The money came in, it went out (Craig has to refund by law, he can't just say no even though the $$ was earmarked for something else..). If the money had come, the units out, then the refund request.. Craig would've gone bannkrupt, but due to order of operations.. he stayed afloat, but peopel are now in queue instead of with unit.

So EDs poiint is.. how could he in good conscience send _more_ units to Craig.. for what could well be _Free_? ED cannot be a open bank here, throwing his money willy nilly to the wind. He's already done that several times over, and he's in surviving shape still. But if he goes and throws another hundred thousand $$ around, what shape will he be in?

Jail, most likely.

So, yeah.. ED is a charitable fellow trying to help out, but theres only so much he can do.

Things are slow because units are going out due to ED charity, and he can only fund so many of those at a time. New purchases and upgrades, no delays at all, in-stock.

jeff

I hate to say it but honestly, I'd only send things to Craig with cash up fornt at this point, otherwise risk getting in trouble with the government for poor judgement :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, exactly what I was afraid would happen.

Question: Can I re-upgrade to a 1GHz unit to be sent immediately from ED? I don't even care about the $350 I sent Craig for the upgrade. I just want to get my Pandora now.

Yep, exactly what I was afraid would happen.

Question: Can I re-upgrade to a 1GHz unit to be sent immediately from ED? I don't even care about the $350 I sent Craig for the upgrade. I just want to get my Pandora now.

Sure. I'll send you a PM about that.

Well I don't know if Craig has said thank you, but I want say thanks to all those cross-upgraders, they literally giving away 100's of $ to the project. Also three cheers to all the donaters too :D

Good on you guys!

It's silly that 1 GHz units are just sitting there but the preorders can't be full filled just because of money issues.

I really hope you guys can pull things together, finally fullfill all the preorders and start selling Pandoras for profits.

Well this is quite bad situation again.

Actually I just want to know current status bout 1GHz pre-order that's why I ask to ED about shipping things.

But Craig's answer is sound like really irresponsible for me.

If this is my first Pandora probably I'll consider re-upgrade but this is my 4th Pandora since from original order in 2008.

I also bought instant,rebirth and some donation as well, Oh yes support iCP2 project too.

I already spend plenty of money for Pandora now.

So actually I have no idea what should I do except canceling.

please give me a solution. :(

Seriously who trusts Craig anymore ?

I saw all this happening when he asked for premium orders, it was obvious what happened. Money was gone then and the pyramid scam has now eventually reached the end.

It's a sad end. Its four years on and people still dont have pandoras, its over. Get your refunds while you still can and place orders with Ed would be my advice.

pyramid scam
A pyramid scam can't work out. A new buy funds the production of 2 units to deliver old customers is not pyramid scam by definition.

It's a sad end. Its four years on and people still dont have pandoras, its over. Get your refunds while you still can and place orders with Ed would be my advice.

A Bankrun is the worst you can do.

ED said:

Either I need the payment for these 70 units or catch up with classic preorders for my customers and from then on it's 1:1 again.
This means that the more sales I have, the faster this will happen.

Which I understand as:

Craig pays for the 70 units I sended already, to deliver them to his customers.

OR

FIRST I will ship classic preorder queue units first to my costumers. THEN I will send units to craigix customers. So you will get your pandoras when ED queue is clear. This will take some time, but it looks like 500 units are produced and will be sold. So it will most likely happen.

If you do a bankrun, craigix company will run out of money and you will get no money. Not sure if craigix company goes bancrupt your preorder stays valid and you will get a Pandora from ED (but I think you will, since he is a very nice person).

Anyway you have to wait until EDs queue is clear. Or craigix gets money from sales (one sale funds 2 pandoras) so he can deliver new units to you. You will get your pandora sooner if you don't ask for a refund since craigix can buy 2 pandoras from 1 sale. So you don't have to wait for ED to clear his queue.

Seriously who trusts Craig anymore ?

I saw all this happening when he asked for premium orders, it was obvious what happened. Money was gone then and the pyramid scam has now eventually reached the end.

he is not acknowledging my refund requests.

So, since I ordered from Craig Jan 2009 and yet to receive anything....What do I do?

I'm sensing a little bit of panic in the air! :D

No, but seriously everyone: take a deep breath and calm down. Patience is a virtue. Nevertheless, I won't tell anyone to NOT ask for a refund. Everyone does as they see best. But I think I should remind everyone that there have already been issues with actually GETTING the refunds. So if everyone panics and asks for a refund now ("bankrun", as someone previously noted), you won't get anywhere, you'll just end up in the REFUND QUEUE.

So first think rationally and logically what you should do, and and what you can expect to happen. Then act accordingly.

(Me? I'm gonna sit and wait for now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back