Right, let's start recovering this?

My actual wait time is 2+ months. Week ago I just send an email about status regarding refunds - now word back. Reached Craig over twitter - got response that he is working with Ed on that.

PS.

I have got response from Jaquelin - ppl with refunds should see their money by the end of the month.

I received a reply on the 12th saying the refund will be processed "as soon as is possible" - whatever that means. I assume it means they don't actually have the money to do it.

My actual wait time is 2+ months. Week ago I just send an email about status regarding refunds - now word back. Reached Craig over twitter - got response that he is working with Ed on that.

PS.

I have got response from Jaquelin - ppl with refunds should see their money by the end of the month.

I received a reply on the 12th saying the refund will be processed "as soon as is possible" - whatever that means. I assume it means they don't actually have the money to do it.

I have got that kind of an email a month ago. I will wait till November and if nothing will hapen then decide what to do next (probably will hit ORM)

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

PS.

I have got that kind of an email a month ago. I will wait till November and if nothing will hapen then decide what to do next (probably will hit ORM)

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2
I'm waiting till the end of October and then I'm getting into contact with whoever I need to get a hold of to have this handled legally. I'm more than fed up and reading Craig's updates and what ED had to say seems to only drive home the fact that Craig cannot run a business.

Also:

Refunds (Regulation 14)

When do I have to refund a consumer’s money if they cancel

an order?

3.46 As soon as possible after the consumer cancels, and in any case

within 30 days at the latest. You must refund the consumer’s money

even if you have not yet collected the goods or had them returned to

you by the consumer. You cannot insist on the goods being received

by you before you make a refund. See also paragraph 3.64.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

Unfortunately, attacking OpenPandora Ltd with the press, legalities, or anything else will not make the situation any better.

Maybe Craig runs his business well. Perhaps he doesn't. but I'm sure he is aware of the problem at hand, and is working to resolve it already.

Somebody mentioned in another thread getting a response that refunds will be handed again min-November, so they do respond but still not everyone gets mails for some reason. There have also been many reports of OP ltd. mails ending up in spam folders, there was even report of their mails being filtered by some ISPs.

There is no issue with refunds. They come thru asap (or when avail).

When I ordered (1.5years later) I cancelled and was refunded as soon as they got my request (bought an N900!).

Pandora is not a scam, not anything else. Just be patient (I have 2 pandora's - 1ghz and rebirth). No scam no foul.

It's a few blokes with limited time and cash flow.

Be cool. If you want mainstream and "perfect" service - buy from a store.

It's legit, its open source, its handmade and its a f**k lot better than a MASS PRODUCED piece of sh** everyone has in their pocket! It's rare, its collectable, its LINUX!

@kingoddball: this is not about people doubting that the product is good or if it's a general scam. This is about people who are really upset by now that they don't get their money back. It does not matter if it's LINUX, a rare collectible or a handmade piece of gold with diamonds and sugar on top.

To be honest: I would be pretty upset by now, too. Sure, there is a reason for the delay, it will (hopefully) all be solved by mid of November, but the least one could expect is to be personally informed about the situation with updates whenever there is something to tell! Having to try to contact again and again without getting an answer or having to come here to be informed about the situation just doesn't do it.

Being busy with other things is also a lame excuse: if you have a bunch of angry people on your neck waiting for money, you should have enough time to at least keep them up to date about the situation!

Of course I don't know if Craig tried this, maybe he did and for some reason his messages got lost. Maybe something else went wrong. I am also sure that Craig has no intention whatsoever to cheat anyone out of his/her money!! Still there are a lot of people losing their patience, and the sitution will get worse. A personal message might be all it takes to keep these people "happy" (at least enough to wait two more weeks instead of taking legal actions). This has nothing to do with "mainstream service", this is really the least to expect, especially from a small company like this.

Is there a way to donate to clear preorders with credit card? I dont use paypal (long story).

Is there a way to donate to clear preorders with credit card? I dont use paypal (long story).

I've included credit card payment into the shop last week, I'll see if I can include that somehow for donations as well.

Bank transfer is possible though.

Somebody mentioned in another thread getting a response that refunds will be handed again min-November, so they do respond but still not everyone gets mails for some reason. There have also been many reports of OP ltd. mails ending up in spam folders, there was even report of their mails being filtered by some ISPs.

I have response from Jacquelin that refunds will be handed end of October. So which statement is correct?

There is no issue with refunds. They come thru asap (or when avail).

ASPA = Three Months™? Because I'm waiting 3rd month...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone with an outstanding order will be getting an email very soon, ideally all of you before Wednesday.

This includes people with orders, people waiting on parts, people waiting on repairs etc.

As we have also said units will resume shipping in November.

We will also be using this list to tie people to orders - this is so we know if you have an order or not when you post. (This is just so we don't spend time chasing our tails with trolls).

So is it safe to say that if we think we have an outstanding order and we DO NOT receive an email that there is a problem with the order?

Either way, if we have an outstanding order and do not receive an email then there is a problem somewhere, possibly on this end with a lost email and possibly on your end with a lost order, is that correct? You have a list of outstanding orders and will be sending this email to that list absolutely, is what I'm asking.

Cool. I'm technically still waiting for my day-one pre-order. Been worried it was lost but since I've had one off ebay for a long time I wasn't going to question it, just wait. This email will help quell my worries.

Everyone with an outstanding order will be getting an email very soon, ideally all of you before Wednesday.

This includes people with orders, people waiting on parts, people waiting on repairs etc.

As we have also said units will resume shipping in November.

We will also be using this list to tie people to orders - this is so we know if you have an order or not when you post. (This is just so we don't spend time chasing our tails with trolls).

What is the correct way to upgrade a 4 year old order? Use Evil dragons site now that he finally has a credit card payment option, or wait until you are shipping again and upgrade through you?

I didn't get any email about refund.

Back