Right, let's start recovering this?

Me neither (2009 preorder upgraded to GHz); but before we start on the synchronised panicking: Craig, can you just post here when you're done sending the emails? THEN we'll panic.

I too am a day one order, I supported the cause with an order for a premium unit which arrived as promised, but I still await my original order.

Email would be good as I have requested a response previously. Was going to give it to my son before he went to Uni, he is on his second year now.....

:(

All hail milkshake, creator of the great Pandora repo. <-- click here

He has implemented a "donate to the preorder fund" option for the repo.

For package maintainers, if you're not asking donations for yourself, please go into your repo settings and select that option.

My Account -> Account Details -> Donate to Pandora fund

This can help get us past the pre-order crisis, and into a brave new world ...

fields of daisies, whole-grain organic dairy milk, freerange chooks, peace love and Cuban cigars for all!

That's one small click for a man, a giant leap for mankind.

omw! 6.6ghz pandoras! i. want. now.

No you don't. Your battery would last eight picoseconds and the device would cause a thermonuclear reaction with an 180 meter blast radius.

Is there actually a country that uses a space as a separator for numeric digits?

I'm planning on buying a new computer, but I currently in need of the refunded money. I've been waiting for nearly 2 months, any idea on when I'll receive the refund.

Sorry if this question has been asked elsewhere.

Craig has said he just needs to send out the current batches of 1Gig units (which he presumed would take a couple of weeks) then he'd get on the refunds.

http://en.wikipedia....#Digit_grouping
Windows 7 thinks that atleast here in Finland digit grouping separator is a space, and so do I.

EDIT: Found a small(ish) list http://www.statistic...tures/WF31.html :p

Thanks for the information. It looked familiar but I couldn't remember any examples..

Although to be totally pedantic it looks like you're typically supposed to use a half-space instead of a full space where possible, probably to avoid mistaking two numbers for one like in my post..

My keyboard doesn't have a half space, so I usually put a full space and then half a backspace.

My keyboard doesn't have a half space, so I usually put a full space and then half a backspace.

No typewriter or computer that I've ever heard of has multiple types of spaces, there's just one space bar and just one length of space. Often times, a computer will add an additional space after periods so that you don't have to. But I've never worked with a keyboard that had anything other than a single space. Sounds like you have some sort of funkiness in the configuration of yours because it's not supposed to do that.

Some mechanical typewriters would advance by half a space when you press the spacebar, and another half when you release it. That way you could, if dedicated enough to typewritten layout, write one million as "1 (hold spacebar) 00 (release spacebar) 000" to get half spaces between the groups.

guess that necro is just a sarcastic remark asking where all craigx great publicity are...

That's something I'd like to know, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this is something he believes as he writes it? I'll be blunt: this looks like a manifestation of a classic manic depressive - wild optimism followed by near catatonic withdrawl.

Marketing and promotion is not easy -- partidularly when you have little to no budget for it and the biggest news item that zou can share with the press is "four year old device Now In Stock!". Of course that's not how to present it, instead use something like "The best handheld gaming device you never heard of".

I am contacting a few podcasters about the pandora. If everyone helps contact potential reviewers, I'm sure we can clear this queue.

I wonder if this is something he believes as he writes it? I'll be blunt: this looks like a manifestation of a classic manic depressive - wild optimism followed by near catatonic withdrawl.
Or maybe he is like Keanu Reeves in Memento: he has no long term memory and instantly forgets any promises he made and any commitment to fix the situation he created. 

Back