Right, let's start recovering this?

So i'm sure someone will comment on my comment to the effect of "this is not where you post this" how ever i'm a little disdained at the moment, my wife bought me a Pandora back in April the rebirth edition with more memory and to be honest I haven't really used it a whole lot up until a week ago. I started to used it for 5-8 hours a day for about a week and the screen started to shut off when i started to close it hmm weird i thought so i took it apart to find that the LCD cable is all ground up from rubbing/grinding on the case? wow so upset right not considering the cost of this product. its really awesome but if it wears out so quickly its not really cost effective for me....

Contact the shop you bought it from Craig/ED/Link You should be able to RMA it, or since you already took it apart, you might be better getting an LCD cable from ED's store and doing the LCD replacement yourself! :)

my real concern is if i do replace or they replace it, how long will it last? A few months of use is not what I consider a good product. when I was younger a English teacher told me this "if it sounds to good to be true it probably is"

Last edited by a moderator:
Not many of the newer LCD cables are wearing out like you assume they are. Although It's well known the LCD cables installed in the First Batch Pandoras were definitely not rugged enough. The new ones fixed this issue.

My guess in your case, the cable was installed improperly and caused rubbing. If this was still the case with all the new cables everyone would be complaining about it.

On that note this really should of been discussed in the Support forum not in this thread which became a general collective of pissed off people.

you're welcome.

What's the best way to cancel my 1GHz upgrade preorder? I hate to have to cancel but I feel that it's my only option, and I have also completely lost interest in Pandora and doubt I would find any use for it any more.

What's the best way to cancel my 1GHz upgrade preorder? I hate to have to cancel but I feel that it's my only option, and I have also completely lost interest in Pandora and doubt I would find any use for it any more.
Emailing whomever you ordered from (I'll assume Craig, as ED said he's got them in stock)

Emailing whomever you ordered from (I'll assume Craig, as ED said he's got them in stock)
I did cancel my order (1GHz upgrade order) by email one week ago, but still no reply. Should I find that slightly worrying, or is this normal?

When I emailed them to upgrade to 1ghz I got my reply very quickly..

Should I find that slightly worrying, or is this normal?
If you look around the threads, you are certainly not alone, so in a sense you could say it's "normal".

I have just had (two) emails from Craig regarding the iControlPad2, which I believe where most of his efforts are going at the minute. I'm hoping that he's mailshotting all his outstanding orders too with an update. He did a quick couple of posts in the Official News Boards (http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/forum/17-official-openpandora-news/)

Edit: Hmmm, must be having a bad day, I didn't even realise I was referring to the thread I was posting in :(

Since the thread is well and fully derailed, here's my two cents:

"Your welcome" is incorrect. "Your" is the possessive form of "you", as in "Your english sucks."

"You're welcome" is correct. "You're" is a contraction for "you are", as in "You're illiterate."

Hope this helps avoid future embarassment. Have a nice day.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Plus I am glad that silly things like this will drive you nuts for the rest of "your" life.

I did cancel my order (1GHz upgrade order) by email one week ago, but still no reply. Should I find that slightly worrying, or is this normal?

My first cancel request was on June but IMO I hit mass cancellation at that time and have got an email with an upgrade proposal rather to cancel. I gave a time and decided to go for cancellation at the end of August. So far I have got only info about canceling my preorder and will be process asap. Nothing else. I have reached Craig directly and he wrote back that he works with Ed on something.

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

runiztehg128587993932882127.jpg

(I couldn't find the spoiler-tag, I hope this isn't too big)

edit: added the spoiler-tag (though still can't find a button for it, maybe it's something that you just "have to know"?)

edit: wrong thread :)

ok lets get back on topic.

ED, I have skills in 3D modeling/animation if you can think of any ideas for me to do, I'll be more than happy to help.

also, if anybody else has ideas let me know.

I sent my e-mail 3 days ago... nothing yet. I suspect I will be waiting a long time...

Hey, that's the Pandora experience. Wait forever for everything. Meanwhile life moves on and opportunities pass by.

Congrats for reaching iCP2 funding and all, however can we please get a fricken update on how you will sort the 1Ghz preorder queue... Oh and how about sending that promised email like you said you would

I sent my e-mail 3 days ago... nothing yet. I suspect I will be waiting a long time...

Hey, that's the Pandora experience. Wait forever for everything. Meanwhile life moves on and opportunities pass by.

My actual wait time is 2+ months. Week ago I just send an email about status regarding refunds - now word back. Reached Craig over twitter - got response that he is working with Ed on that.

PS.

I have got response from Jaquelin - ppl with refunds should see their money by the end of the month.

Back