A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is assembling the new GHz and Rebirth pandoras? (putting cases and boards and lcds together)

How a about a relay - sales model ?

ED keeps a certain amount reserved for craig (though not shipping them). Craig starts selling them as "in stock" but telling people that due to the distribution center beeing located in Germany the shipping will probably take up to 1 or 2 weeks (depending on the buyers location). When payment is done, craig deducts his profit (minus some small extra costs for shipping) from the money, and transfers the rest to Eds bank account. Also sending Ed the buyers address, so Ed could send the Pandora to the customer directly after the payment has arrived on his account.

This surly would decrease the provit (transfer fees, higher shipping costs) but would allow craig to sell them from stock

I already suggested drop-shipping (that's what it's called) to Craig a while ago.

Or a redirect from his shop to mine and these orders would count as his (and the profit generated from the 1GHz units there would be used for his remaining preorder customers).

I suggested everything I could think of, but I never really got a reply for that.

Drop-shipping would've been my favourite idea, as my shop is already setup for it and there are some merchants who do that already.

Drop shipping is the way its done nowadays isn't it, drop shipping from sites like dealextreme etc :D

When payment is done, craig deducts his profit (minus some small extra costs for shipping) from the money, and transfers the rest to Eds bank account

i dont think that is going to work in the situation craigix is currently in; ED should get the money and transfer the profit to craigix. thats the only way to ensure ED can cover production costs.

i dont think that is going to work in the situation craigix is currently in; ED should get the money and transfer the profit to craigix. thats the only way to ensure ED can cover production costs.

specially since money tend to go directly to refund rather than to pay what it was send for in craigX shop, or so it seems...

specially since money tend to go directly to refund rather than to pay what it was send for in craigX shop, or so it seems...

That gets rather tricky. I'm not a UK resident or lawyer, but it seems rather complicated. I know he has both queues for refunds as well as for open orders.

It looks like my unit may have shipped without a plug. But they're sending me a replacement plug just in case. Which is a bit of good luck for somebody else. For me, it makes no real difference as I was waiting for something else before having my parents forward the unit to me. But, ti was nice to see them on the ball enough to notice the potential oversight before I noticed it. And, it's not like I would have had an issue anyways, I already own a PSP charger.

but if you sell a new 1G and refund 2 per-orders, the queue drops by one. Is that not improvement? -- JUST BEING TERSE. I'm not being serious even though it could do that.

I suggested everything I could think of, but I never really got a reply for that.

Why not try the ask Craig Questions section, no wait, a few others have tried that.... :wacko:

Keep up the good work with the openness and the updates on Queue numbers, can't wait to see that post that says all your pre orders have been shipped.

Craig I think we need some concrete answer now please. Your miscommunication and then blaming of ED is not on. You've got time to make videos about the iCP 2 yet you don't have time to inform your current Pandora preorders of what the situation is. I don't think it's right for me to have to write a pressing email to Jacquelyn where I know she isn't necessarily the one who can answer my questions even.

I just want to know when will I receive my refund please? (a few months ago now, I upgraded to the 1Ghz unit, forking out the same amount of money as my original order. Then this whole mess happened again, and that's not even funny. Some of it beyond your control yes, but there's no excuse for not communicating. Frankly, you've given me no reason to trust you.)

In other news, I should probably get my OP in the next few days :) I finally figured out how to track it in shipping, and the local one gives me a "Product not trackable" (auspost.com.au). I'm assuming it'll give a "delivery attempted" or something at some point, just incase they don't give me a mailing slip.

Craig I think we need some concrete answer now please. Your miscommunication and then blaming of ED is not on. You've got time to make videos about the iCP 2 yet you don't have time to inform your current Pandora preorders of what the situation is. I don't think it's right for me to have to write a pressing email to Jacquelyn where I know she isn't necessarily the one who can answer my questions even.

I just want to know when will I receive my refund please? (a few months ago now, I upgraded to the 1Ghz unit, forking out the same amount of money as my original order. Then this whole mess happened again, and that's not even funny. Some of it beyond your control yes, but there's no excuse for not communicating. Frankly, you've given me no reason to trust you.)

I cannot reply to you because Ed ignores my emails (or fobs me away with promises) and PMs on a regular basis, as has been doing so for months on end.

I'd like to post a longer reply but I find it very difficult to even write this.

Debs and Jacquelyn have wanted me to write up what has really been happening for quite some time.

I don't like to do things like that, I am uncomfortable even writing this, but I guess at some point I'm going to have to defend myself and it's going to essentially cause a massive uproar when you hear our version of events.

I will say simply that my attempts to save the Pandora have been ignored, sidelined and prevented for the last 6 months.

Eventually I put my efforts in to the iCP2.

Ed seems to be guided by other people, and those people are guiding him straight in to disaster in my opinion. He does not understand how to sell the Pandora. This month should have been wall to wall advertising and promotion, the new website should have been online, magazine articles, huge PR campaign like we did for the iCP2... but .... nothing. I've tried and tried to get involved in helping with that because if there is one thing I can do well it's sell pretty much anything.

Then today I hear he is trying to make his own new website, thus we can assume the one I spent considerable time, money and effort building is to be ignored too.

All I can say it I guess it's his plan and his investors money, I've no idea if those promised units to cover my queue will every turn up, but my hands are tied.

I won't get in to arguments or discussion on any of this on here. In general you should encourage people to buy a new Pandora from Ed the best way you can if you hope for this to ever be a success.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen quite a large number of threads for refunds without response (Some waiting over 6 months). Best way is to come clean and tell us whats going on in a nice newspost instead of blaming Michael for everything.

Nothing against you I think you can do it. You just need that extra push. You have the brains to be able to sell and manufacture some cool things but I don't really think you can cope very well with managing the backend / manufacturing part.

This is where you and ED need to collaborate and the Pandora will be a great success.

I wish our community leaders would talk nicely to each other... :(

ED says he is in the dark, waiting for payment to send more pandoras

Craig says ED ignores emails and should have sent pandoras.

If the project is to be successful, this is a daft dispute to be having.

^^yup (@Wally)

I waited 4 years and when you did choose to post something, it was always vague. You might as well have posted "I'm still alive" and we would be reassured of that, and know as much as we did before that.

I couldn't afford to upgrade, nor would I choose to given that half the people who upgrade still wait 6+ months for their now extra premium price pandora. After 4 years I've moved myself off the 'when-never getting a pandora list' to the refund list so we can see how long that takes (since you claim that's less costly to the business)

I find it hard to believe that after ordering in Oct. 2008 and all the people who ordered after me and people that cancelled in front of me, that even with your jumping people back in front of me.... that when you (whoever updates the current status page) list only 400 classic orders remaining...I still haven't been gotten to. I also find it hard to believe that back when you had 4000 orders, you could supply an approximate queue position (if it ever meant anything who knows) and now that you are down to 400 the same request is refused.

So if you are feeling ignored, in the dark and not getting the money you are expecting....that's where the rest of us have been at for quite some time.

2 months.

Hope it's a misunderstanding.

We don't live in a perfect world, and everyone make mistakes.

Now the essential part (the production) is ok, so please just all relax and make it work like it should have been from the start.

I think to generate more sales we need a some more polished emulators?!

I think getting Dreamcast and N64 up to PCSX-ReARMed level will help a lot.?

I cannot reply to you because Ed ignores my emails (or fobs me away with promises) and PMs on a regular basis, as has been doing so for months on end.

I won't get in to arguments or discussion on any of this on here. In general you should encourage people to buy a new Pandora from Ed the best way you can if you hope for this to ever be a success.

Craig, I appreciate your response.

However, you haven't answered my question. I have no reason to not trust EvilDragon, as he is delivering on his plan. I know both companies were caused very real harm in terms of the losses caused to the companies due to the CC debacle. However, some time ago now you mentioned that you were working with EvilDragon on a plan for recovery. If you've used my money to plug a hole and refund someone else, then I'm afraid I'm asking you to refund me and others now. This was well after the CC stuff, this is well after you should've received the tax rebate you spoke of last.

What is left Craig but legal threats? I don't want to do that, nor does anybody else who has invested their time and dreams into this project for years - on the sidelines, or participating, we have all been part of this.

I can't just write off the ~£600 odd I've given you. Why are you telling me to order from EvilDragon now, or "cross-upgrade" now? -- that's too late, you've already used the money and left me in another situation of limbo.

I do not for one second believe that Michael is ducking your calls, or not working with you for a plan. Maybe you can "sell pretty much anything." but so far you've only delivered harm to me.

I hope when I send my email to Jacquelyn you carry out my request and issue me my refund -- something I never wished to do.

I'm not sure who you are complaining to? My comments? Someone else's comments?

I'll ask a few questions. I assume you ordered from Craig? Did you get your refund? Or are you stuck waiting for a refund?
Apologies. My rant wasn't directed at you. It more or less was a retelling of recent history and a bit of a critique thrown in for good measure. Yes. I'm in need of a refund, but realize that the longer this open source community sits on its ass to solve its open source problem, the longer it will be before I get my open source refund.

The following post was made over two months ago and what really became of it? What was its goal? What did it accomplish? Why make it, and ask for help with all these tasks, and then turn around and seemingly do the bare minimum to achieve the stated goals? Where is the transparency in this regard? Was there even a need to mention the 12th line for example? There is enough blame to go around. How about we fixate on fixing the problem, instead of making people want to throw their arms up into the air and say "fuck it I'm done!"?

Sorry for the lack of news updates lately - those missing 20K EUR were a bit of a shock to me, as I was really awaiting that money to keep production going.

It was a bit demotivating and combined with too much work, I was a bit burnt out... and also had to do a lot of reorganization to make sure everything will continue as planned.

I just couldn't motivate myself to reply to any mails, but hopefully will continue to do so this week, as I'm recovering right now.

Okay, let's get back to the situation and what my thoughts are:

Right now, I've got about 60 more 1GHz units in stock - that's it until the new parts arrive (which should be in about two weeks).

Then the production will continue. We have parts for the next 1000 Pandoras then, that should be enough for a while :)

First off, some facts:

• Production is running fine now, even for the 1GHz units. Once we got the parts, we can theoretically produce 250 per week.
  • Every order placed at my shop (www.dragonbox.de) will ship out RIGHT AWAY, also the 1GHz units!
    Only 1GHz orders from Craigs shop (OpenPandora Ltd., UK) have a backlog right now - and I'll do anything to help to clear this backlog.
    So no worries - if you want a 1GHz unit NOW, you can order and get it!
  • My shop is not broke, nor have I run out of funds. Nothing to worry here, production will continue as planned.

Okay, now here are some thoughts I had.

The most important thing is that we increase the sales of the Pandora - as these sales fund the remaining preorders and therefore also ensure the future of the Pandora.

There are various ways of increasing the sales...

1. Get new customers!

The Pandora right now is a bit pricey - but there are probably a lot more interested customers out there who have the money and would like to buy it and support the idea of a niche device.

However, right now, every customer has to KNOW about the Pandora in order to buy it. Therefore, without news on websites (like the one at Eurogamer), we won't get new customers.

We need to increase the Google Rankings for more common keywords (like Emulator, Playstation, etc.) so that we also get customers NOT searching specifically for the Pandora.

Luckily, I've got an online marketing expert in my company who knows how to improve these rankings - and we want to do that with new videos.

I'm already working on new videos - and you can help me, if you want...

... providing me videos recorded from TV Out.

... by letting me know which games or emulated games would be great to show.

... by providing me with the most important keywords that we need for the Pandora.

These Videos will surely help get some more interest - and sell more units. More sold units mean a faster clearing of all remaining queues.

2. Get additional funds

I've seen the idea of a donation fund on the other thread - and the idea is great. Right now, we've got 22,000 users who subscribed to the Pandora newsletter. While not all of them are probably still interested in the Pandora, if every single one of them donated only 8 EUR, I could immediately produce and ship out ALL preorders!

Of course, not everyone will donate - but every EUR is helping, so there might be some who'll help us out. Maybe I can even find some bigger supporters - I don't think so, but it sure is worth trying.

If YOU want to support classic preorders, check out this donation website :)

I WILL let you know over time how many units I was able to sponsor.

And I will use that money to also fund Craigs 1GHz queue as well as both classic preorder queues.

3. Cross-Upgrade your preorder to an instant-delivery 1GHz Pandora!

So you ordered a classic Pandora from Craig, have some more money ready and would gladly pay for an update to a 1GHz unit which will be delivered right away?

That's possible now! All you need to know is your order number and head over to my shop.

As long as there are units in stock, you can upgrade it and get it right away - promised :)

4. Lower the price

While many of you here agree that the Pandora is worth its price, it's still a bit high for a lot of interested users.

I'd like everyone to be able to afford the Pandora - however, right now we urgently need the money to be able to also fund old preorders, so I can't really lower the price until we have all preorders cleared.

When we've got all preorders delivered, a lower price should be possible - and attract more customers.

So the faster we can get the above things going, the better for EVERYONE in the community!

Okay, and here is my call for help!

While I'm working hard to keep everything going, I am only one person and have my limits.

We're a community - and we probably have a lot of talented members here. So if you'd like to help us out, it would be awesome.

As mentioned above, I could really help with doing more videos.

Some advertising (Banner, Flyer, etc.) would also help. Are there any graphic designers here that could create these?

I will provide you with everything you need.

Maybe some of you know some blogs, magazines, websites we should approach for a Pandora Review?

Could it be that anyone here knows someone who has a lot of money and tends to support small projects like this one? Please let me know - and I'll approach him.

And as you know, I'm way behind with my emails... I will set up a ticket system soon, and there should also be a section where community members could help out answering these questions.

Interested in helping out here? Let me know.

That's it for today - thanks a lot for your huge support - let's keep things going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back