A Likely Release Day/month/(Year)?

michie4life

Still Fresh
Is there reasonable release date/month/(year)?
I think there are with me many other people who would like to know this.
I just want a answer like: 'it will most likely be released in march' or 'before june' or something.

Michie4life said:
I just want a answer like: 'it will most likely be released in march' or 'before june' or something.
and then quote those people if it wont come true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Michie4life said:
If they said that then people would expect it then even if they said "likely but not for sure".

borgqueenx said:
Michie4life said:
and then quote those people if it wont come true?

No, and not quote these people if they are not true...

I'm not a guy like: 'oooow, but they said!'

(maybe someone can PM me or something? (I won't publish it))

There is no likely release day because delays and stuff keep coming up and the team has been wrong for over a year now. I was hoping for it to come before April 1st, but at this rate IMO, If it isn't being shipped in April, it will be May. From what I can see right now, I can't see any other issue that could come up (But how many times has that been said :p). I am a first batch order. Payed with PayPal, and then had to pay using my bank to do a wired transfer. I wasn't expecting this long of a delay, but since I have stuck on for so long, I can live a bit longer.

I might go out on a limb, but I say sometime between the near and the far future :p

Seriously, dates slip and any prediction will be nullified by the two months rule.

I would say 100% that the release date will be when the Pandora is in your hands. I can guarantee that.

You really can't ask for a release date. There are tentative dates that never pan out. Predicting when the Pandora will be released is kind of like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

craigix said:
I'm prepared to say July.

Source: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48174-estimated-release-date/page__st__15__p__732100__hl__july__fromsearch__1&#entry732100

That made me sad to find that. :(

You want a day, month and year ?

I'd say a monday in 2010, not sure about the month though.
(two out of three ain't bad)

Michie4life said:
A release date? Just ask for it? MY GOD! It's so simple, why did no one else ever think of that? Obviously they've had a set release date this whole time just waiting for someone to ask for it! Genius, you are!

Dang, I am grumpy today :(
Anywho, you won't find a real release date because every time they've set one, they ask "what can go wrong?" and then things go wrong. First it was December 2008, then the banking issue and it was March 2009. Then July, then October, then December was very likely again. Every time they were held up by something. To be fair, the "something" has basically been the plastic case for the last 8 months.
That being said, the cases are finally ready to go, and the factory that makes them has given a hard date when they should ship and be received: March 22nd. All the pieces to assemble a really really real Pandora, the kind that will be in everyone's hands eventually, is supposed to arrive in a single place 17 days from now. Factor in a couple of days to sort the parts, set up work stations, get everyone up to speed on what needs to be done, and it's possible they could ship the very first customer paid for Pandora out around the 24th.

I can't even begin to muster the effort to object to this thread

Back