A Likely Release Day/month/(Year)?

wermy said:
craigix said:
I'm prepared to say July.

Source: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48174-estimated-release-date/page__st__15__p__732100__hl__july__fromsearch__1&#entry732100

That made me sad to find that. :(
Epic. I love all those old threads.

Someone more OCD than me could make an excellent Dippity timeline of Pandora production including all of these classics...

Last edited by a moderator:
Michie4life said:
Is there reasonable release date/month/(year)?
I think there are with me many other people who would like to know this.
I just want a answer like: 'it will most likely be released in march' or 'before june' or something.
Well I'm not going to read you the riot act, as you have a legitimate question. The problem is not the question, but the many, many problems we have all seen around here for 2+ years.

Back in december 2009, after are Christmas disappointments, I said march/april would be realistic, as at that point nobody knew how many more test cases would be needed, and the mould factory moves super slow. So at that point, I just knew there was know way to make the Chinese holiday. So with that in mind, I figured they would get back to work at the begining of march, then it would be however long to produce the cases and ship them to the states. That's why I figured march/april!

Now if all things happen as planned. All 4000 unit parts should be to team pandoras assembly location by the 22nd of this month! Assume a few days to get set up, and assembly should begin the 24-26! Customer units could begin to arrive by the end of the month to those who live close to the shipping location!

I think April 1 would be the ultimate release date for this project. Better than dreamcast 9/9/99 release date, and any other special game/console release in history(April fools day says it all)! Now, back to where I started, based on the last 2 years, really the only way to know when this item will be released, is when it is actually in your hands! The closer we get, the less things can go wrong, but I think we have all seen every possible excuse during the developement cycle.

Right now the only date anyone can go with is the 22nd of this month! Once that day comes, the team can confirm "ALL" parts have arrived, and assembly can begin, Or they can let everyone know what went wrong, and why? I'm hoping for april 1 release(or sooner), but I also know it may not come anytime soon!

Chris

jumpman said:
I'm hoping for april 1 release

Oh man. Can you imagine them trying to convince people that they are telling the truth, if they announced they started shipping that day? :lol:

wermy said:
jumpman said:

Oh man. Can you imagine them trying to convince people that they are telling the truth, if they announced they started shipping that day? :lol:
That's the beauty of it! ;)

Chris

wermy said:
jumpman said:

Along the lines of 'all press is good press' - I could see the controversy actually adding to the publicity - and to future sales - maybe?

So, what would be -ideal- is to have it ship out several hundred devices 2 days before April 1 without making an announcement, and then have the un-boxing/proof videos and postings and announcements all start to hit on April 1.

What better way to end all of these shipping date troll's theories than to give them great bait - and then crush them with reality?

Craig would finally make the announcement that everyone has been waiting over a year for, to be met with "OMG STFU Craig, that's not funny"

That would be a pretty amusing date. :lol:

I should note, though, that the Dreamcast was originally released in November of 1998. I do find it amusing how people keep trying to celebrate the wrong date for it, though. :p

wermy said:
Craig would finally make the announcement that everyone has been waiting over a year for, to be met with "OMG STFU Craig, that's not funny"

Which is exactly why it should all be coordinated to happen - Announcements that it's shipping AND un-boxing videos AND all of the 'I've got mine!' threads - so it ALL happens on April 1st.

Personally, I think it is completely fitting for a device that so many people have said was impossible to come out on the most improbable date.

IMHO they should go to the extent of putting little notes in those first few hundred units that ship before April 1st asking the recipients to please hold off on posting anything about it anywhere (including here) UNTIL April 1st.

It is a perfectly chaotic way to bring out a device that is built for chaos. (Think about that last word and I think you'll get it.)

It -should- happen. Now, the big question is, can it happen?

Alerino said:
i wonder if craig is going to say July again.
it's gonna cause mass suicide
Especially in August.

Prometheus said:
I should note, though, that the Dreamcast was originally released in November of 1998. I do find it amusing how people keep trying to celebrate the wrong date for it, though. :p
Actually 09/09/99 was the US dreamcast release date! Just for the record! :p

Chris

[off-topic] I know, jumpman. ;) I just meant that people keep calling that the console's "anniversary", which it isn't. [/off-topic]

well, how 'bout that?

EvilDragon said:
Yep, it's basically the same info I posted in the Blogs.

It might be December, but can also take until January or even February.
Don't think it will take longer though.
smile.gif

But I don't want to make an estimation for December, then some manufacturer can't deliver anything, after that I have to announce another delay, etc.

I think it's better this way and keep you informed about what's currently happening instead
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    699 bytes · Views: 101
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
    699 bytes · Views: 95
Back