A plan taking form (2011-10-05)

I guess that's better than nothing. Yay.
Assuming the boards actually work. I suspect that no PCBs would be better than a bunch of broken PCBs that get shipped out only to have to be sent back because the nubs fall off after 3 days.

Well, they've all been tested using the latest testing software notaz and me created, so that means they should at least have worked before they shipped them.

They shipped 50 PCBs today.

So I see the 'current status' page was finally updated. While this is great, it has become wholly established that any queue numbers have mostly become pointless and tell us nothing. I understand I'm not the only one but is there any way we can find out roughly what queue numbers are shipping from craig's orders? At the slow rate that CC has been putting out any boards, if I'm not going to be getting a unit soon I feel I will have to back out. Even if there is nothing else to compete with this on the market currently, I fear for the life of the battery after it's been sitting on a shelf for 2 years before going into use and the general lack of use I've had in the last 3 years of something I paid for. I would still use it if it came, but if it's not shipping soon I need money more than I need toys now.

I think I started ranting more than staying on point. Can we get some kind of info that tells us where we are at in shipping vs order date/queues etc? I want to see projects like this succeed which is why I've left my money in this project for over 3 years now, and would feel bad for having to ask for a refund, but I may have no choice.

I fear for the life of the battery after it's been sitting on a shelf for 2 years before going into use

That's not really anything to worry about. I don't know much about batteries, but I do know that the batteries haven't been charged and are left at about 40% capacity, and Lithium-Ion batteries deteriorate the most when fully charged or charging. Translation: I'm guessing any loss of battery life you're worried about is insignificant.

I would still use it if it came, but if it's not shipping soon I need money more than I need toys now.
Well, it depends on your definition of "soon" I suppose, but since the producion is being moved to Germany right now, all pre-orders from batch 1 and 2 should be fullfilled by Febuary. Batch 1 probably January. So if you can wait until Febuary, you should definately do so! Ok, there have been many such "everything will be done by..." dates, but this time the odds are pretty good,

(Also don't forget how much less you payed compared to what wthe unit actually costs right now.)

^True. Although I think the paying less thing really only applies when (if) the unit arrives. I mean, my Pandora experience so far could have been had without paying a penny...

Nah, you'd never cared as much (or waited as long) if you hadn't paid already :D

Yep, you make a good point. It's like betting on the races. Even if you lose, you made the races so much more exciting.

there must be what, around 1000 Pandoras out there in the wilderness now?

this is good news Craig, roll on that special day, theres a chance when i do get that parcel delivered i might just explode/implode with joy

this is good news Craig, roll on that special day, theres a chance when i do get that parcel delivered i might just explode/implode with joy

There are almost 3000 actually, only about 800 left to ship to clear all preorders.

Last edited by a moderator:

There are almost 3000 actually, only about 800 left to ship to clear all preorders.

All Batch 1 preorders, you mean?

3000 in the wild? Really? Pity, not enough recipients are programmers - I thought there were far fewer, based on the amount of software... Maybe they're just busy with real life stuff, or in mid-project.

So, 800 for all preorders? How many is that for batch 1 preorders? After ordering over 3 years ago (Oct 5, 2008) I haven't moved through the queue enough to have mine yet apparently. I know I was probably at the tail end of the line when I ordered, but in 3 years I've heard of many people canceling and I figured it would be my turn somewhere by now. No one really posts their order time+date anymore when they get theirs, and it would be nice to have some way to find this out.

3000 in the wild? Really? Pity, not enough recipients are programmers - I thought there were far fewer, based on the amount of software... Maybe they're just busy with real life stuff, or in mid-project.

Well, I don't know about any of the other programmers that have a Pandora, but...

I do intend to eventually release a game(s) for the Pandora. Unfortunately, my current solo project is in Game Maker 8, and it doesn't work with the current version of ENIGMA, so only for Windows, and I can't really manage two solo projects at once. Once that project (which is called Bowser's Last Stand, BTW, do check it out! [/blatant cheap promotion]) is finished (December 2 of this year is the planned final release date), I intend for my next solo project to be an original platformer written in Python (I've actually kind of started it already, "UnnamedPlatformer" being the name of the directory it's in, and "platformer.py" being the name of the source file; creative, I know), which I'll probably release on the Pandora.

I'd also like to eventually try to port Project: Starfighter to the Pandora (if nobody else beats me), since I personally like that game. Once I get it to successfully compile on my laptop, that is. :)

So, yeah... I'll get to it, just give me some time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Current Status page, there are about 1300 to go for Batch 1 and Batch 2 together.

I don't see how that can be the case, seeing as I was told that I was about position ~1500.

Oh, well - I shall keep hanging on.

sw333333333333333t

that is even better news, didnt realise that.

im a batch 1 preorder but late in the line ... seems like i can see light at the end of the tunnel though

cheers guys

Back