A review of the Pandora's sound and music capability.

I know this is an old topic, but I just got my Pandora today. I can confirm: Pandora's audio output through the headphone jack is unreal. I'm using a pair of Etymotic ER-4p's, and my usual mp3 player is a Cowon D2. The D2 is not even in the same ballpark. I'm still trying out audio players (Rockbox makes clicking noises for some reason). But if the Pandora did nothing other than play music and browse the web, I would be perfectly happy with it, given the audio output.

Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockbox makes clicking noises for some reason.
This happens when you switch the Pandora to low power mode while on Rockbox. Open and close Rockbox and you should be fine.

I can say this sounds better than my ipod touch 4g using my Bose earphones :D im loving it

By buying bose and istuff ;)

You couldn't pry me off my Roland RH300 headphones with a crowbar. I'm looking forward to trying them out with the Pandora now... if they don't disintegrate first. They are in pretty bad shape, but I can't listen to anything else without it feeling sub-par.

Rant: I tried a pair of Beats once. I almost died laughing. Add bass to your bass, so you have moar base, need base? Needs more bass! All your bass! Biscuit bass! What utter shite. I'm too deaf to be an audiophile, but the job of a speaker is to accurately reproduce the sound supplied to it; not fuck about with it.

That's what I hate about people these days. Four months is 'long ago' for them. They can not pick up a conversation from last week and would only process one statement if you include two or more in your post.

On topic, it's damn loud which is good. Loud enough to listen to in subway. Tried with Apple standard headphones/large Sennheiser lettersandnumbershere, sounds great with both.

That's what I hate about people these days. Four months is 'long ago' for them.

We might as well dredge up old topics, nobody seems capable of producing any productive new ones... ho ho ho. I'm kidding, honest!

The Pandora is enduring enough that this stuff deserves to be given the limelight. This is a thread I missed, and has been interesting/informative. This, coupled with the availability of a Spotify approximation on the Pandora, excites me. Yay!

Oh well, I hate people, but I can not hate Pandora community. I'm not quite sure they are people, because they have to be giant octopuses or mantis or something to have patience like that. So I hate people but I still love you cute creatures. %)

im sorry but the bose earphones sound better than my 200$ sony mdr nc-60 or whatever their called by far. tho you wont be able to get me away from my ultiment ears when i buy them some day :)

It's still unknown what the amp is... SUCH A MYSTERY

I know how this looks. A nublet bumping a topic that's 4 days from being a year old. But I really wanna know what the amp is...

Have a look into the hackers guide or search on the forum a bit. It was mentioned somrwhere iirc.

There is a problem with the headphone audio (and a solution).

For those of us non-deaf people who like to listen to music quietly, the lowest settings on the (my) volume dial have uneven response on the left vs right channels. Right channel is much quieter.

Solution is to use a software mixer like alsamixer and reduce playback volume to ca. 60%, then increase volume on the dial.

Also if anyone is considering Ultimate Ears headphones, I wasted 200 euro on a pair and the cables corroded from the inside within a few months. Never again UE unless they fix the problem and send me a free replacement.

Back