A schedule! For real! (2011 - 02 - 28)

Wait. Just wait. Please stop making people who work to much already to work even more. You waited two years, you will survive another 2 monthes. No offend, just an appeal.

Wait. Just wait. Please stop making people who work to much already to work even more. You waited two years, you will survive another 2 monthes. No offend, just an appeal.
all of those long time customers (like me) that still complain about not having their pandora (not me) makes no sense to me...

its like climbing mt. everest, then at the last ten meters you turn around because you thought you would be on the top by now, and since your not you cant be bothered to continue..

put on your waiting pants, boil the cat and play the waiting game.

The pandora will suddenly appear in your local post office.

Well I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I emailed openpandora at the weekend to ask about going premium and when I could expect my little beauty if I did not go down this root. I was told that I should receive said box of trick within 2 to 3 weeks; I am between 1350 and 1450 in Craigs queue.

Korky

Wow - I hope that turns out to be true. I'm a bit earlier than you in the CraigIX queue - but not much. It has been a long*10^long wait.

That is probably the best news I've seen on this project in months - second hand info on a rate of progress through CraigIX's queue. That is almost worth framing.

Thank you!

You're right. Complaining will not help at all. I was just asking for a better status, but this seems not be possible without spending (too much) time. Anyway, if I already would have my Pandora (like you), I would not spend a second in this thread.

its like climbing mt. everest, then at the last ten meters you turn around because you thought you would be on the top by now, and since your not you cant be bothered to continue..
No it's not. You think you're at the last ten meters, but you aren't even halfway up and this happens more than once. :lol:

That is probably the best news I've seen on this project in months - second hand info on a rate of progress through CraigIX's queue. That is almost worth framing.
I hope you receive yours soon, but don't count your chickens before they're hatched. <_< Mine is (unfortunately) around 2000 in Craig's queue. :huh:

And heck, I got more than enough to do than spend a few days to find out how to create such a tool.

Don't forget that when orders were taken, nobody thought it would take that long, so it wasn't optimized to be easy to browse through :)
Forget it ED. As I said, I think you are really a nice guy. No offense to you. You (as a team) have just underestimated the whole project. Anyway, I appreciate you took the risk and I hope you will reap the fruits of your work someday.

Well, I have asked for a firm delivery date, and if it isn't in the next couple of weeks, I'm out. It's the promises of double production capability per week after allowing premiums, and then that never materialising, thats pushed me over the edge.

Just a noob question probably : the approximate number provided by Jacqelyn relates to Craig's queue or to the entire queue ?

I don't know what else he could tell you. And i doubt that you can get any more news about the production. There are news, when there are news!

We should be happy, that production is going on that well lately.

@Benoit: Craig's queue only

are you sure about that?

jacquelyn told me i'm approx. 3600.

so i don't think it is the craig's queue.

uhm....then sorry, maybe I'm wrong. I am quite sure though that Jacquelyn is one of two people who handle the orders for Graig's shop but I was searching again through old threads and there was some talk about amalgamating the queue numbers of Fatih, Craig and ED (I think at some time in September 2010) so you could be right, 3600 looks like it is the overall batch 1 queue. There were/are so many questions about queues that anyone can get confused after reading 500 threads mentioning queue numbers :)

[*]Added bonus - this makes OPT look good every time there is a cancellation - I mean, if ~1000 people have cancelled, and ~2000 have been shipped, that's only 1000 till the end of batch 1! If anything, the number of units shipped under-represents actual progress as far as waiting customers are concerned.
It's less than 1000 until the end of the 2008 orders. The cancellations were replaced with new orders in 2009, but these are still "batch 1".

So... how screwed are we if we didn't order until mid-2010? Can I expect my Pandora before the world ends in 2012? Or should I expect it around the time we start landing men on Mars? :huh:

after all, they thought they can do 500 a week at the beginning, which certainly isn't possible.

so what number can we expect by week?

what can say your contact about this?

and could you suggest him to suscribe this forum? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what makes people nervous and anxious about information is that fact that the numbers given seem to be incomprehensible to us average Joe's. For instance, when my wife asked where I was in the whole scheme of things I had to tell her that while it was mentioned that Pandora's made were about 2000, and I was around 1550-1650 in the queue, There were people around 900 still waiting. Trying to explain or even calculate a difference of 1100 units, even given multiples and RMA's and other queues, makes it all sound way out of whack.

Sure let's say Craig (~900), ED(~400) RMA's (~wild guess 200?) Would leave around 500 units being multiples. Scratch that, we had the Premiums too. Even if these numbers differ slightly in one way or another if the totals equal 2000, then at some point the numbers being shipped per week should generally have caught up with what's been going on and one should then see the queue numbers from now on reported as shipped to rise more rapidly since RMA's should be less and one would have to assume the number of people buying multiples would be less (later orders not likely to try to stockpile units for ebay sale as they were later orders when it was expected they would already be on Ebay by then)

The problem is I cannot see any flaw to my logic, but even now, most of what I have said is pure conjecture. This is the kind of thing is one allows themselves to try to figure out, you can go mad then start to doubt and want answers. I was actually getting myself all worked up when my wife asked and I tried to answer. I just had to tell myself I have 2 choices.

1. Stop trying to figure this out and wait to see what happens.

2. Give up knowing I cannot figure this all out and ask for a refund.

So I just decided to wait and see what happens. Every time I see another post of a released software, I wander in thought of how I make use of it. When I'm stuck somewhere I don't want to be, thinking how my Pandora would be excellent at that time. So there's just no point in complaining. I want this. So I have no choice but to ride the train until it stops or crashes :)

I still say when this is done, and everyone who has waited it out receives their device, maybe it's Jaquelyn who should deserve a group donation. It must be maddening to do her job and I think we sometimes forget about what she has to pull off to make this all work.

Bla bla bla. Shut up.

I agree with everyone who said this is not good news and that we should get real numbers on where we are at with Batch 1. Do I have to remind you that Batch 1 isn't a fresh thing? Yes I do because half of you "GREAT NEWS ONLY TWO MONTHS MORE!" dorks must have signed up last week. Well excuse me, but another 2 months (or whatever, incomprehensibly long time given the prior stream of "good news" that seem to drop periodically and consistently between the inevitable and recurring peaks of frustration that these endless and so boring delays cause) isn't good news, it's bullshit. I think whoever goes :lol: :p :lol: B) :p B) :lol: :p :lol: every single time good news like this are brought to us is a complete and utter idiot and/or a major suck-up.

Yep, I'm tired of the wait too. Want to school me on how unpatriotic I am to the OpenSource Utopia? I don't give a shit.

I don't know what else he could tell you. And i doubt that you can get any more news about the production. There are news, when there are news!

We should be happy, that production is going on that well lately.
Why do people who already have their Pandora tell us we should be happy ? Sorry, I don't get it...

A general statement that the project is still going, and we will be pleased enough with our Panda's when they arrive that the wait will be worth it. At least that's what I have gotten out of these statements. Sure as Hades beats any more problem/delay announcements! At least aside from waiting for board production, everything else seems pretty good. I am just as confident as the day I ordered that the Pandora is exactly what I need and worth waiting for, even if the wait has been taxing.

Back