A tale of snow, tons of server requests and coordinates (2011-12-16)

Just got an email from UPS saying they have damaged some of the Pandora boxes.

This is just a saga now.

Yikes, hope it's just a dent in the corner or something, you have insurance right?

It's the OpenPandora we're talking about. I'd be surprised if half the boxes aren't floating out into the atlantic ocean at this very moment.

This is just a saga now.
Tell them the parts costs many Millions and force them to pay it completely. ^^

I never had bad experience with UPS itself, so it must be indeed Pandora releated in this case.

This is just a saga now.
Tell them the parts costs many Millions and force them to pay it completely. ^^

I never had bad experience with UPS itself, so it must be indeed Pandora releated in this case.

They're only liabel for x per kg and that x is pretty low. But I think that the bigger problem is not the monetary value they represent at the moment but the fact that without cases right before Chinese New Year there's no mass production in January. And probably not February and even March either.

Let's just hope that the damage isn't too bad OPT deserves a bit of luck by now.

This is just a saga now.

Yikes, hope it's just a dent in the corner or something, you have insurance right?

It's the OpenPandora we're talking about. I'd be surprised if half the boxes aren't floating out into the atlantic ocean at this very moment.

Or possibly the Pacific.

They may even be outside the atmosphere by now.

This is just a saga now.
Does that mean they actually damaged the cases?

Or did they just damage one of the boxes where all the stuff is in? In that case it can mean anything actually. For example if a box full of cases falls into a puddle and gets soaked, the box is pretty damaged, but for the cases it doesn't matter. If the same thing happens to a box full of batteries though ... or "we damaged it" actually means "we accidently put the box under the lorry, instead of inside the lorry " this would indeed be a problem.

EvilDragon - are you doing all the RMAs, including craigs?

If so, have you received the necessary paperwork from criag? How would we know?

Totally in the dark about this. Sent mine back to craig ages ago.

Don't mind the wait as long as I've an idea about whats going on...

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I try my hardest to not make numerous forum threads and e-mails on the subject, but I'm also in the dark after numerous attempts to get an update. I'm fine waiting for this new production run, I'm just trying to quiet the voices in my head that are saying my RMA information is in limbo.

Other than that, very happy with the state of affairs right now with OP.

Well we can't do anything until these new boards are produced, I've gone though hundreds of the faulty CircuitCo boards trying to make some work, but the results were very poor.

As per usual your reply didn't answer the question.

Is this some sort of 'confuse and complicate' strategy? If so, let me simplify:

Your team suggested ED was doing your RMAs.

All I ask is 'Who is actually fixing broken Pandoras returned to you?'

I understand nothing will be done until production is finalised in Germany.

At the moment, I'm fixing the Pandoras that have issues like a broken LCD cable or broken nubs.

I also got some from Craigs customers which have broken PCBs.

Usually, the Pandoras with the broken PCBs will be fixed by the shop where you bought it. So before you send them in, just ask your distributor about it.

My Pandora was returned to criag 6 months ago. Broken left nub, PSOD.

I emailed criags team and returned it with the form they sent out.

Only replies I've had are the ones I documented in this thread that basically said you were doing the RMAs.

I will NEVER buy from criag again.

My Pandora was returned to criag 6 months ago. Broken left nub, PSOD.

I emailed criags team and returned it with the form they sent out.

Only replies I've had are the ones I documented in this thread that basically said you were doing the RMAs.

I will NEVER buy from criag again.

Please PM me your name and the username you had on your Pandora OS.

I'll check if I got it.

Just some quick updates from Global Components:

The back side of the Pandora prototype boards are currently being populated.

The front side will be populated tomorrow. I'll be with them tomorrow to check and test the Pandoras we get from them.

The goal is to get at least one working Pandora PCB (as it will mean the machines are correctly setup and optimized).

If we're lucky, they will work right from the start without tweaking, but we'll see tomorrow.

They talked again with the bare PCB production company. It will still work out before Chinese New Year if we confirm the working PCBs tomorrow.

If we can't do this because there are some issues to be solved, we'll start early February after Chinese New Year is over.

The top priority is of course getting the machines accurately working tomorrow and having properly tested prototype PCBs.

It's not worth exchanging 2 weeks of production speed for a very high failure rate :)

I'll keep you updated :)

Back