AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Yes, but you probably won't need to worry about it. Yours will have a new, more reliable LCD cable. Mine doesn't. Neither do most units shipped out before April or May.

:( great thing to go on vacation and find out that my precious has contracted the de-abilitating disease....PTOD!@ :( im out by the lake and its dyingggggggg so lame, will have to figure out this whole RMA deal when i get home :( sucks that i found it out just last night

recieved my pandora approx march 14 2011

Nice thread title, BP :)

Have you sent yours off yet? I've been saving up for postage, cost me around 50 AUD shipping last RMA.

I like the idea of putting a gift in with the pandora, any ideas on an Australian present for ED?

Cheers

Nice thread title, BP :)

Have you sent yours off yet? I've been saving up for postage, cost me around 50 AUD shipping last RMA.

I like the idea of putting a gift in with the pandora, any ideas on an Australian present for ED?

Cheers

Have not sent yet, currently on vacation. Still going strong!

As for a present...some obscure Australian candy or snack food?

OK, I'm about to leave for the post office right now. Technically my unit's still usable, but it's gotten worse and I doubt it'd see the end of the week. I'm sending my charger in as well as my Pandora itself. A real shame to see it go. :( I'm more worried about the transport than the repair process, to be honest. USPS Global Express Guaranteed is EXPENSIVE, so I went with Priority Mail International.

PS: Did I mention that not having my Pandora sucks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet I won't get it back until after I finish my SAT Subject Tests and ACTs in September.

I hope for the team that I'm wrong on this one, but I'm guessing that everybody who has an old cable will eventually experience the PTOD.

Well... I Just found out - I've got PTOD too... pretty bad. The whole screen is purple at most angles - thankfully it's fine when fully open.

Oh well. It's a kind of a relief actually... As I was somewhat expecting it. Now to decide when to send it... :unsure:

Don't you have a bad nub, too?

Yep... I do. I hope the PTOD holds itself at bay for as long as possible... I was really hoping to get an RMA done once the new boards with the new company were in production. I'm guessing my nub is faulty because CC pushed a board through that still used the old nubs. I don't trust CC *at all*!!!

I'm worried that if I RMA now - I'll get a replacement board from the 1000 CC still have, but had problems with... :(

This is presuming the nub isn't fixable...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ... I'm in the Purple Tint Club too now. Same like FaeMinx, fully open is fine. Damn it, I just recently put Sugru grips from sides similar to rubber grips for iControlPad. These will have to go off before RMA :(

Well my pandora has problem too,sd card slot 2 is not working,so i have to send it to ed.

The repairs are done by ed and you will get a form which one section says what's the problem you fill it in there.

If he has time he can do it between 1 or 2 weeks,if he is busy you are looking about one month or more,this is time limit it will take,but quickly send right away.

For me i'm using my sd card slot 1 works plus my battery cover is broken so i have used cellotape to keep it in place.

My first Pandora had the problem, I sent it to ED to fix it, it came back two weeks later in perfect condition.

Just so you know, this was one of the very first Pandoras to ship so there were definitely known problems with the LCD cable at that time .. ED fixed it, no worries, no sweat whatsoever.

Last one was done sent last nov got back early this year so it was before the new LCD cables, and yes badly worded, this is my 2nd RMA for LCD cable, only annoyed because I will have to go without my pandora for a while

It seems as though my pandy has also contracted PTOD, not bad as its fine when fully extended.

Im pretty good at soddering though, whats the risk level on self replacement and how much do the cables cost?

Back