About Replacement Styli

-Tj- said:
Take photos. ;)

Photo??? of the Openpandora case? or the X stylus designed for the OP?

Last edited by a moderator:
X stylus, of course. :D

Stuff like how it fits into the case, how it looks compared to the original, and such. Unless the prototype isn't something you'd like to show for one reason or another, in such a case I'll totally understand. Just eager to see this thing for Pandora. :p

-Tj- said:
X stylus, of course. :D

Stuff like how it fits into the case, how it looks compared to the original, and such. Unless the prototype isn't something you'd like to show for one reason or another, in such a case I'll totally understand. Just eager to see this thing for Pandora. :p

Alright, for those who is still checking on this thread. Here is X stylus for Openpandora prototype (the white one)

We are still waiting for the steel shaft factory for the shaft, then we are good to go.

IMAG0001.JPG

Dead1nside said:
Very intrigued by this. But forgive me if I'm missing the point of it, is it that it can be longer than the original stylus? Thanks.

No, if you unfold it, it has more the shape of a normal ball pen which makes it easier to hold and use.

Last edited:
Dead1nside said:
Very intrigued by this. But forgive me if I'm missing the point of it, is it that it can be longer than the original stylus? Thanks.
The design makes it longer and thicker, more suitable for grownup hands, while still fitting into the Pandora's slot

Dead1nside said:

Longer and Wider at the finger grip area.

I am very happy to see this thread is starting to pick up momentum again. The news is, the steel shaft has just arrived and it fits nicely to the plastic parts. The following pictures are taken with the finial sample that the Openpandora team is going to test. In this final sample, we have added all sort of details to make sure the transformation is easy for anybody.

Xstylus fits perfect in the case, it looks nice too.
fit.jpg

Slide the pen out is easy
out.jpg

thumb guide is added to indicate where to put the thumb and push, to initiate the transformation. Once transformation is started, the rest is just simple carry forward
finger%20guide.jpg

Transformation in progress, that's where the "X" comes from
transformating.jpg

That's my hand and you can even feel how comfortable it is by just looking at the picture
grown.jpg

Awesome! Well, you've held my interest this long, so I still want one.

Question for you: I have an empty case that I'd been playing with here (stylus included) and, at least on mine, the stylus is rather firmly-held in the case when it's in. Does the X-stylus 'click' into place in the case? Just wondering since it's hard to see the grooves on the prototype if they're there.

Thx :)

-Tj- said:
Awesome! Well, you've held my interest this long, so I still want one.

Question for you: I have an empty case that I'd been playing with here (stylus included) and, at least on mine, the stylus is rather firmly-held in the case when it's in. Does the X-stylus 'click' into place in the case? Just wondering since it's hard to see the grooves on the prototype if they're there.

Thx :)

good question. It does click, although not as obvious as the stock stylus (because of the complex structure reason), but it DOES held the Xstylus in place. So don't worry.

This really looks promising. :)

Elton said:
That's my hand and you can even feel how comfortable it is by just looking at the picture
grown.jpg
In this picture we can see, that the thick part pushes the sides really far apart. I wonder if the little (metal) bolt can stand this preasure. Looks like the force that pushes the sides apart is pretty strong.
Are there already long-life and stress-tests with the new Stylus? ^^

fusion_power said:
This really looks promising. :)

Elton said:
grown.jpg
In this picture we can see, that the thick part pushes the sides really far apart. I wonder if the little (metal) bolt can stand this preasure. Looks like the force that pushes the sides apart is pretty strong.
Are there already long-life and stress-tests with the new Stylus? ^^

That's a custom made steel shaft that you are looking at. Actually, most of the pressure is on the plastic part.

Back