About Replacement Styli

I am a little bit confused now, because I didn't know that the X-stylus project is not funded yet and the styli are more like a concept than a funded and ongoing produced device. :ph34r: So I guess it is unlikeley that we see a Pandora X-Stylus soon, I'm also a litle bit shocked for the price, I thought more something like max. 5$ for this little plastic Stylus but not 20$. Sry, I can't afford this but of course I hope you will be able to start mass production soon, there are many bored Millionaires out there that don't know what to do with their money. ;) You just have to find one, good luck. ^^

fusion_power said:
I am a little bit confused now, because I didn't know that the X-stylus project is not funded yet and the styli are more like a concept than a funded and ongoing produced device. :ph34r: So I guess it is unlikeley that we see a Pandora X-Stylus soon, I'm also a litle bit shocked for the price, I thought more something like max. 5$ for this little plastic Stylus but not 20$. Sry, I can't afford this but of course I hope you will be able to start mass production soon, there are many bored Millionaires out there that don't know what to do with their money. ;) You just have to find one, good luck. ^^

Yes, your sound very confused. Let me make it clear here.
There are two separate XStylus projects, XStylus for Open Pandora and XStylus for Nintendo DS Lite. For the Pandora one, I have set up a deal with the Open Pandora team and supplying the pen to them at a very low price. It will be selling through Pandora online store as a official store. The availability and price will be decided by the team. And then there is XStylus for Nintendo DS Lite game console, I have set up a pre ordering / fund raising event at Kickstarter.com, http://kck.st/XStylusNDSL. I am selling a set of 4 XStylus for NDSL at the price of $20, which is $5 each.

Its $5/pen is what you are looking for??

Last edited by a moderator:
@Elton - You may want to contact Nintendo3DSBlog.com with information about the 3DS X-Stylus - this site is a popular one for 3DS news, and I would guess that the X-Stylus for the 3DS is likely to get a lot of attention there. :)

Prometheus said:
@Elton - You may want to contact Nintendo3DSBlog.com with information about the 3DS X-Stylus - this site is a popular one for 3DS news, and I would guess that the X-Stylus for the 3DS is likely to get a lot of attention there. :)

Thanks!!

Elton said:
fusion_power said:

There are two separate XStylus projects, XStylus for Open Pandora and XStylus for Nintendo DS Lite. For the Pandora one, I have set up a deal with the Open Pandora team and supplying the pen to them at a very low price. It will be selling through Pandora online store as a official store. The availability and price will be decided by the team. And then there is XStylus for Nintendo DS Lite game console, I have set up a pre ordering / fund raising event at Kickstarter.com, http://kck.st/XStylusNDSL. I am selling a set of 4 XStylus for NDSL at the price of $20, which is $5 each.

Yes, this makes much more sense, thx. :) So is pandora X-Stylus already starting to be produced or does this start when enough pre-orders etc. are done?

Elton said:
For the Pandora one, I have set up a deal with the Open Pandora team and supplying the pen to them at a very low price. It will be selling through Pandora online store as a official store.
Ok, I did not know that. I figured that you would also be doing a similar kickstart for the Pandora stylus. My concern was that if you couldn't get $10'000 out of the huge NDS market, I couldn't imagine getting it out of the tiny Pandora community. But if you've basically already secured a source of funds and don't need a kickstart project, then I suppose there won't be much problem.

fusion_power said:
Elton said:
fusion_power said:

Yes, this makes much more sense, thx. :) So is pandora X-Stylus already starting to be produced or does this start when enough pre-orders etc. are done?

Production of the Pandora XStylus start when ED or the team tell me to start. I can't push them, although I wanted to start the production right now. I suggested to ED for a pre order but he hasn't reply me yet. May be you can help me buy shoot him an message, you as a user is much more powerful than I am.

Elton, I've tried to give the Kickstarter project some last minute exposure on NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424196

There's no guarantee anyone will respond, but it's one of the busiest gaming forums on the planet so a lot of people should see it.

Elton said:
Production of the Pandora XStylus start when ED or the team tell me to start. I can't push them, although I wanted to start the production right now. I suggested to ED for a pre order but he hasn't reply me yet. May be you can help me buy shoot him an message, you as a user is much more powerful than I am.
In this case, let's better wait. ED is VERY busy at the moment, besides testing and shipping Pandoras he also has to care about iControlPad and the other Handhelds he sells, besides he has to run a TV production company. ^^" AFAIK he already is 2 weeks behind with EMails answering and I guess he don't sleep much. So I recommend to wait until ED has a little time for you. :) I'm sure he is still aware of your project and don't forgot it.

Gruso said:
Elton, I've tried to give the Kickstarter project some last minute exposure on NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424196

There's no guarantee anyone will respond, but it's one of the busiest gaming forums on the planet so a lot of people should see it.

@gruso Thanks a lot.

@fusion_power I am quietly waiting....

Congratulations, Elton - I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. :)

Great news about the XStylus. I'm proud to say I'm a contributor after reading about it on this very forum :D

First of all, I must thanks you guys for the support, especially to Foxblock and Gruso. Without you guys, I seriously don't think the XStylus NDSL can be funded.

From the messages sent to me thought Kickstarter.com, I realized quite a number of the backers heard about my project thought this forum, so I must also give a big thanks to the Open Pandora too. :) Believe or not, several backers told me that they are backing the project as they wanted to use the XStylus for NDSL with their Open Pandora console. This is something that I have never thought of, so I give it a try this morning.

Although this XStylus was not designed specifically for Open Pandora, but the result is good. The stylus and case actually fit well to each other. I am so stupid, I should have promoting this to in this forum if I know they will work. In that way, I get more backers. :p

NDSLXStylusPandora1.jpg

XStylus for NDSL won't fall out from the slot, even when I turn the case sideway!
NDSLXStylusPandora2.jpg

I'm honoured to have been of any help, although any credit to Pandorapress goes directly to Foxblock. :) He pushed it all the way. Maybe the GAF thread helped, who knows!

Either way, I have a beer in my hand, and I am raising it. Clink your glass on the screen.

Congrats from me too Elton, until the Pandora x-stylus is out, i dit try the Nintendo 3DS Stylus from Hama out, and it works, it fits on the Stylusslott, and fells a bit better than the original Stylus (and it fits in the Nintendo DSlite too) but it has the Same Size as the original Pandora Stylus, so if EvilDragon gets the X-Stylie, and he has the TV-Cable too, i will sure order an X-Stylus

Back