Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

• adults: record numbers of teens are depressed, we must find out why
  • teens: school is more stressful than ever, our parents screwed over the economy, the earth is on a path to total environmental destruction, and now we have to deal with actual fuckin nazis
  • adults: it's the iphones isn't it

Haven't there always been Nazis? What makes them now actual? And what makes Nazis any worse than the myriad other cults and belief systems that are all brain-washed, fear driven, and quite frankly insane?

If someone had asked my why I was depressed as a teenager.. I would have told them "because I exist as a human being on this planet".

But yes, you only qualify as a true adult once your dreams have deminished to the point of accepting only 'what is possible', of having your intelligence dumbed down (by the schooling system), to the point you are a glorified parrot unable to operate and think independantly unless directed by a 'higher authority', or at the least and most often the case - by what is trending in the rest of the herd (which is of course directed by a 'higher authority').

Adults are basically devolved children. That's a gross generalisation, but essentially how it is.
On this planet anyway.

If you disagree, just imagine how much healthier this planet would be if children were the ones who decided policy and priority.

Adults fuck things up. And you only become an adult once you've been fucked up enough to become one.

Please excuse the language.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I used to think that the word "Nazi" was very specific, but now it seems to often be used in the context of "someone who doesn't appear to agree with me", and additionally often even outside the context of racism. Which does seem absurd to me.

I also think it's bad in that it's diluting and distorting the true horror of Nazism and a disservice to those who have suffered in its wake.

@FaeMinx I guess, @Klumpen is saying, we have created a good climate for Nazis to gain momentum and thrive. That goes for other fearmongerers, too, of course.

I wish I had preserved some of my child-perks, but I wouldn't let children design the system, we live in. They're just not knowledgeable enough.
[doublepost=1551260907,1551260792][/doublepost]@ClockworkCoder Imho, the most prominent attribute of Nazis is, that they're fashists. At least that's how I feel about it.

In many countries there's definitely a growing portion of the population that openly blame their loss of quality of life on everything different (foreigners and foreign countries, minorities, etc.). In reaction to this, they support authoritarian powers and ultranationalist agendas. They are willing to accept a less open society and they get more and more vocal about using violent solutions.

Calling these people fascists doesn't seem absurd to me. Nazis... not exactly (they aren't necessarily anti-semitic) but the way they preach hate of some minorities is indeed reminiscent of nazis.

German Nazis (Adolf and his groupies) were anti-semitic. Nazis in general don't need to be anti-semitic specifically. Most of the time there'll be just anti-everything-not-their-fashism-comrades.

The notion, foreign minorities are to blame, ain't that wrong. It's just that the wrong groups get identified as the rightful blamees. Too few correctly identify the richest as society's wealth sink. Which should be terribly obvious, when you think about it.

The notion, foreign minorities are to blame, ain't that wrong. It's just that the wrong groups get identified as the rightful blamees. Too few correctly identify the richest as society's wealth sink. Which should be terribly obvious, when you think about it.
While I tend to agree with this, I think that there's a deeper problem in the notion of wealth itself in our consumerist societies.

With our current economic system selling unhealthy food and then selling diets/medicine to counter its effects leads to increase in wealth (according to the economic system), even though society is worse off than if it had healthy food to begin with. The system also largely ignore the environmental effects: planned obsolescence increases wealth even though it doesn't increase satisfaction and cause environmental problems.

Even with better wealth redistribution our consumerist society would still be hurting itself with an unsustainable and unsatisfying development.

@ElPoco I second that.

I guess, I wanted to say, the complainants recognize a shortage of monetary means, look for drains they are most likely to not accept and point to highly insignificant groups. Like when you're looking for holes in the ground, finding some mansized ones and making a scene about it, while not noticing the half a mile wide canyon gaping some ten feet away from you.
The next step then would be to realize the problem is systemic.

Driver-crashes-into-Specsavers-1355460.png

The timetable was placed way too high. I'm 6'2" and my eyes were only level with the bottom of it, so it's unusable for anyone who's short unless they've remembered their stepladder.

Ah, right. That did the same with the bus stops by me, but somehow the bottom steel cable tie snapped suprisingly quickly, and the panel slid down under its own weight, and now bangs against the fuse box section in the wind. The streetlight was clearly pushed further into the ground though, as depending on which bit of the slope around it I stand, different bits of it are now at eye level.

Back