An Old-timer Is Back Again

Kyosys said:
300€? Why?
Das steht da doch:
Der Preis ist aber leider auf 299 Euro angestiegen. Das ist keine Geldmacherei von uns - sondern der USD-Kurs, der sich so massiv verändert hat.
Zur Zeiten der ersten Vorbestellung war er bei 1,45 - jetzt ist er bei 1,30. Da wir die komplette Produktion in USD bezahlen, ist der Preis dadurch logischerweise um diesen Wert angestiegen...
Andererseits denke ich, dass der Preis noch gerechtfertigt ist - und alle die, die noch 250 EUR bezahlt haben, haben ja auch lange drauf warten müssen!

Und der erweiterte RAM kostet $10 mehr als die 128MB Version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Die gestiegenen Kosten gelten ja auch für Pandoras aus dem ersten Batch, weil die Komponenten zum Teil ja noch geordert werden müssen. Ausserdem ist dem Team viel Geld verloren gegangen, weil sie zum Teil zu noch schlechteren Kursen z.B. LCDs geordert haben. Insgesamt halte ich die 299€ für angemessen, aber ich halte das auch für die obere Schmerzgrenze, ehrlich gesagt.

Kyosys said:
Oh. Bedeutet das aber nicht, dass es 2nd batch Pandoras sind?
ED told me that you will be able to get a pandora as long as it appears in the shop and you order it.

Greets

Gut - verstehe ich, aber wenn man bei craig kauft bezahlt man trotzdem nur 330USD, was umgerechnet 250 - 260€ sind

Kyosys said:
Gut - verstehe ich, aber wenn man bei craig kauft bezahlt man trotzdem nur 330USD, was umgerechnet 250 - 260€ sind
I think if you're in Europe you may have to add UK VAT to the 330USD price tag. So for Europeans it's really 379.5USD ($330+$49.5). Maybe Craigix can confirm that though.

Edit: 081201 UK VAT lowered to 15%

Eolair said:
I think if you're in Europe you may have to add UK VAT to the 330USD price tag. So for Europeans it's really 379.5USD ($330+$49.5). Maybe Craigix can confirm that though.

Edit: 081201 UK VAT lowered to 15%
No need to call Craig. It's on the web site http://www.gp2x.de/shop/product_info.php/products_id/114 : price €299 includes German VAT 19% (the shop is in Germany, not in UK - it's quite apparent from the URL). Net price would be €299 / 1.19 = €251 which, at the moment, is little under $330.

Swiss_Cheeseman said:
I declare this thread the Old-Timer thread. gp32_console

I remember you! :) gp32_console
I think I'll just try calm down and wait a couple of months for Pandora to be easier to buy (and maybe cheaper who knows lol). I'll try ease my pain by watching other people's pandora videos on youtube in the near future :p

Correct. $330 is without tax / VAT / whatever. If your country has a VAT or sales tax, that will be on top of whatever $330 works out to in your local currency.

Back