... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

So can anyone give any information on where the heck I may be for getting my Pandora?

Payment received 4/7/2009

As of my last email in January, Jacquelyn estimated me this:

Your approximate queue position is 1900 - 2000

Approximatelly a year ago I got an email from Jacqueline that I am in the 1200 - 1300 range and I got the product 3 weeks ago, a very nice little machine. It is very easy to type on it, the keyboard response is good. As I can see, at least 2 pandora is bought every day in Evildragon's shop. That means...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess he was prepared to say July, but said May instead.

Anyway, I'm a March 2009 pre-orderer, and I don't expect mine before Christmas, and I'm not even sure which Christmas.

you sire is pessimist.

in the Wonderfull my little pandora poney world everything always works fine and as expected

Its so tiresome to see the team wasting time on explaining the same old story over and over.

Cut them some slack, assembling + repairs already got them piled with work enough as it is.

Fact is, people have been receiving their pandora, so will you, be patient, i ordered 3 years ago, recently upgraded to 1ghz, i can wait a bit longer.

People that really cant wait should kill their time with another hobby, for example, build a bartop arcade:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6eU68CEYQsY?feature=oembed

Mighty lot of fun to build and use, and should keep your mind off the pandora until you receive it.

I build one (not the one in the video), it only lacks artwork, but i am not going to apply it, because i want to create a full blown arcade out of the bartop, and apply art to the full one instead.

Whilst your both paying attention to this thread (ED & Craig); what happened to all the units that were supposed to be shipped to pre-orders at the end of May?

How many replies do you need?

This has been covered in numerous posts already. Besides, I never mentioned a date when all preorders are fullfilled?

I always mentioned the facts and possibilities.

Edited wall of text that had nothing to do with the question I asked..

Any questions left?
Just the original question that I've been asking all along and you still haven't answered..

Craig stated at the beginning of May that all pre-orders would be shipped at the end of May. Why did he state that if it was obvious even back then that the amount of pre-orders filled depended on the amount of sales?

FTR I never stated that you said that, I always said it was Craig.

That thread makes no mention of a date, and I said quite a while ago October, which I repeated yesterday and said maybe September.

"The end of May is possible, depends if..."

That's not stating that all pre-orders would be shipped by the end of may.

"...if production gets up to speed" Which it did, didn't it?

And the question of the thread was..

How much more until the first batch is finished shipped?

..wasn't it?

And the question of the thread was..

How much more until the first batch is finished shipped?

..wasn't it?

Well, maybe they barely send out pandora's to first batchers, because they had to keep up with the demand of newcomers, who get priority over 1st and second batchers.

Afterall, the old ones are sold at a loss.

I think thats the only explanation, they probably had a high demand from newcomers, and decided to fullfil those mostly.

Otherwise they would risk building up a queque of newcomers, and cause even more problems.

if thats indeed the case, then the team obviously wont admit it, to hopefully prevent angering the early adopters.

@Trip

Production never made it to 250 units a week, ED has said they are doing 150 a week now, which increased from 100 since the end of February thru May. That's March, April, May, 13 weeks approximately with 100 units instead of 250.

1300 vs 3250

@Trip

Production never made it to 250 units a week, ED has said they are doing 150 a week now, which increased from 100 since the end of February thru May. That's March, April, May, 13 weeks approximately with 100 units instead of 250.

1300 vs 3250

On top of that, most units have gone to new purchasers, to clear off some debts.

So its obvious that end of May was never realistic.

@Trip

1300 vs 3250

On top of that, most units have gone to new purchasers, to clear off some debts.

So its obvious that end of May was never realistic.
I was told by ED I was being pessimistic by telling craigix that what he just claimed was not realistical... to me, their comunication is much more agravating than all the delay that occured up to date. and It's absolutly not the kind of PR I would hope from peoples who claim to be for open sourcing

Yes, early June.

None of that explains why Craig thought he could get all the pre-orders out in one go, but now they need to be financed does it?

That they need to be financed is no secret either, it was stated in an official newspost about the plan I made up... that was about August / September last year.

Yes, early June.

Too how much a week?

Dont get me wrong, i am not attacking, because i am an 1gh orderer anyway.

But i do would like people to know hows its going, and what the outlook is.

drama-llama-rears-its-ugly-head.jpeg

Yes, early June.

Too how much a week?

I think it was said multiple times before that GC can now do up to 250/week, but they will only produce new units as fast as they sell them.

Yes, early June.

Too how much a week?

I think it was said multiple times before that GC can now do up to 250/week, but they will only produce new units as fast as they sell them.

Yes, but that information is not accurate, those where predictions.

And a reminder, it doesnt matter to me, because i am waiting for the 1ghz unit.

I just want to try and make clear and realistic expectations for people.

Yes, early June.

Too how much a week?

Yes, but that information is not accurate, those where predictions.

And a reminder, it doesnt matter to me, because i am waiting for the 1ghz unit.

I just want to try and make clear and realistic expectations for people.

Of course the information is accurate. Didn't you read the second part where it depends on how many new units are sold to keep production going?

Craig and ED can't give actual production numbers for the coming weeks because it's all speculation about how many new units are sold.

For example, Craig recently said that we'll hopefully have old pre-orders cleared by the end of October.

There are 19 weeks until the end of October. So if there are ~1000 pre-orders left (ED's + Craigs), then that's 53 units shipping to pre-orders per week. So, that would mean about 104 new units would have to be sold each week (based on ED's numbers for the pre-orders to new orders ratio).

However, whether that goal could be achieved or not depends on whether enough new orders are sold to keep production moving quickly.

Back