... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

[...]I've been waiting a few years myself, and I'll gladly wait another -- but it will make passing the time much easier if we have something to measure progress by.

[...]

(Apologies if any of the above already exists, please point me at the right URLs!)
Crowd-sourced information about Ed's queue: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/944-eds-shop-thread/#entry18409

(Just to make this clear, it's not at all your 'fault' that you didn't find this.)

edit: What I meant to mention: a script that somewhere published the up-to-date number of e-mails in the backlog(s) might help people estimate the reason they did not receive a reply yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
And then we can finally close down the forums and get on with our lives, right? RIGHT?
?

Was that adressed at my post. I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

I have been waiting very patiently for my now 3 year + preorder, and all I ever been asking for from time to time, was a short status about when I and others could expect their pandora. We dont ask for exact dates, only some aprox. status on this. Delays can always be expected and we dont blame you guys for that.

Thats the only reason I made that post, to try to sum up the current status, and perhaps get a confirmation that my asumptions was correct or not.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and have a nice weekend.

Hey, I might end up liking the "dark silver" even more than the current "black", but till we get to see the new color I'll remain a bit crestfallen about it all, and hope that Pandora 2 when/if it happens goes back to black.

w0hzv.jpg

http://sadviolin.com/

(and I guess you have to do what you have to do..but..) I'm a bit unhappy you just decided to change the color like that.. :(
Most companies use a disclaimer along the lines of "Colours and contents are subject to change without notice." for this very reason. ;)
Really?!! Most companies do that just to keep me personally from being "a bit unhappy"? how flattering! :p I just must have missed the part where they mentioned that in conjunction with the Pandora..
Hahaha! That wasn't what I meant, but that's a pretty hilarious mental image, right there. :lol:

I just meant that most companies say it because sometimes the specifications of things have to change, in much the way ED has described here. :)

I usually prefer black electronics because, at least for me, I find it a bit distracting when I'm trying to focus on the screen(you know, where you're supposed to be focusing your attention) and its paint job is glaring at me (and if the paint is silver, it might literally be doing so). Hey, I might end up liking the "dark silver" even more than the current "black", but till we get to see the new color I'll remain a bit crestfallen about it all, and hope that Pandora 2 when/if it happens goes back to black.
I prefer black electronics, too, but that's just because I like the colour (or lack thereof). That said, it's not that I don't like other colours. Except pink, which is also not a colour. :p Silver shades are always a nice second choice, for me.

I'm surely going to end up with the dark silver casing at some point, anyway - the cracks on mine aren't holding together with my old Sugru filling anymore, so it'll have to go in for this at some point. It's also got one of the old LCD cables, which hasn't failed yet, but which does do a good job of making me use it less than previously in order to stave off the fact that it almost inevitably will fail. :p

Black is better but silver also looks nice.

My next Pandora will be a silver one (yes, I'll get a second one in about one month)

The old cases are so fragile.

I'm the inofficial "Pandora demoltion man" :D . Nothing except the board is an original spare anymore.

There's already a new crack in the housing.

I hoppe those new cases are powerfull enough to keep up with my power :D .

Orange? You can't compare Apples and Oranges products.

Hi BTW! I've been lurking since mid march.

EDIT: Not a good first post, I forgot to google first. There is of course already more than one company called Orange...

I wonder if there are any fruits free.

No fruits, but nobody has registered 'Brussels sprouts' yet.

And then we can finally close down the forums and get on with our lives, right? RIGHT?
?

Was that adressed at my post. I'm sorry if I upset anyone.

I have been waiting very patiently for my now 3 year + preorder, and all I ever been asking for from time to time, was a short status about when I and others could expect their pandora. We dont ask for exact dates, only some aprox. status on this. Delays can always be expected and we dont blame you guys for that.

Thats the only reason I made that post, to try to sum up the current status, and perhaps get a confirmation that my asumptions was correct or not.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and have a nice weekend.

It was just a joke aimed at no one in particular.

I just want my god damned little computer. I don't care if the colour matches my personality.

New colour is more durable? Sounds great to me.

--Zero

Thanks so much for keeping going ED and Craig. I am so happy with my pandora and Icp, and without a doubt at will continue to support you guys in the future. Slow and steady now is so much better than the stop start of before.

On the topic of RMA's, has anyone actually gotten a conformation email that their Pandora was received? I sent mine in a little over a month ago from Dickinson, ND USA and figured it should have gotten their by now, if not it should be on the verge of being there at least. I would just wait it out but i think I may not have included enough personally identifiable info in my email.

Well I've been waiting since 2010 and to be honest, I'll gladly wait longer if it means ED doesn't get a nervous breakdown from all the stress he's put himself over the 4 years. However, I do ask is just some sort of update mechanism (maybe a pandora built counter?) so all us eventual owners are reassured everything it ticking over still. I've been checking the forums everyday for almost 2 months just waiting for this news update. What can I say, we all want a Open Pandora.

Is there any possibility of a roughened/slightly bumpy, but unpainted surface?

Hi, only a question to ED:

What's the status on the TV-out cables?

TNX

On the topic of RMA's, has anyone actually gotten a conformation email that their Pandora was received? I sent mine in a little over a month ago from Dickinson, ND USA and figured it should have gotten their by now, if not it should be on the verge of being there at least. I would just wait it out but i think I may not have included enough personally identifiable info in my email.
There are usually no confirmation mails that the order was received. So you have to rely on the tracking provided by your shipping company and that's it.

Is it likely that the new cases will have arrived in time for next weeks batch of shipping? I'm expecting my upgraded order to ship then and I'd much rather have the newer, more durable cases if it's possible.

Hi, only a question to ED:
What's the status on the TV-out cables?

TNX

the tv-out cables production has not begun yet, and maybe will never...

but some guys make their own cables because they have the knowledge for it.

Back