Android Console Yinlips Ydp-G18

Alright, this board needs a dedicated yinlips Ydp-G18 forum all its own.
Not hidden down here in the other consoles section.

This is going to be big... everyone was wondering what's gonna happen to this site now that fungp is out of business of making consoles.
Well, THIS happened... i'd like a board please.
We need to discuss emu's, versions, rooting, where to buy, everything..

I just pulled the trigger on one of these from isharegifts.com, no more need to buy from taobao
agree with you, completely ;)

bafelton, how clicky are the buttons as well as responsiveness, also would you care to make a video demonstating it's performance when playing star ocean and tales of phantasia for the snes? ive been waiting a long time for a handheld console that can properly emulate those two games [besides the pamndora which is expensive and does more then i need it to personaly] also hows the build quality? does it feel cheap or does it feel like it can withstand the test of time, cuz if the craftsmanship is poor, im not buying and waiting for something that feels good ergonomicly, plays good, solid, and presice as rfar as controls go, and a plastic caseing that doesnt make creaking sounds or bend or flex under stress, i want a decent handheld for my money, if this thing plays good software wise with star ocean and tales of phantasia at fullspeed 60 fps im sold, but only if the build quality is superb, this is my dream console design [screen is 5 inches with 4:3 ratio on drawing]: http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss306/Gigastorm123/dreamhandheld.jpg

so ba felton, how do star ocean and tales of pjhantasia play on snes emulator? and whats the build quality and button feel like?

thejock said:
kayuz said:
wow! THE android games runs very smoothy! great!! :)

Alright, this board needs a dedicated yinlips Ydp-G18 forum all its own.
Not hidden down here in the other consoles section.

This is going to be big... everyone was wondering what's gonna happen to this site now that fungp is out of business of making consoles.
Well, THIS happened... i'd like a board please.
We need to discuss emu's, versions, rooting, where to buy, everything..

I just pulled the trigger on one of these from isharegifts.com, no more need to buy from taobao

You have my axe sir, err, my vote

Last edited by a moderator:
jimclarson said:
bafelton, how clicky are the buttons as well as responsiveness, also would you care to make a video demonstating it's performance when playing star ocean and tales of phantasia for the snes? ive been waiting a long time for a handheld console that can properly emulate those two games [besides the pamndora which is expensive and does more then i need it to personaly] also hows the build quality? does it feel cheap or does it feel like it can withstand the test of time, cuz if the craftsmanship is poor, im not buying and waiting for something that feels good ergonomicly, plays good, solid, and presice as rfar as controls go, and a plastic caseing that doesnt make creaking sounds or bend or flex under stress, i want a decent handheld for my money, if this thing plays good software wise with star ocean and tales of phantasia at fullspeed 60 fps im sold, but only if the build quality is superb, this is my dream console design [screen is 5 inches with 4:3 ratio on drawing]: http://i586.photobuc...eamhandheld.jpg

so ba felton, how do star ocean and tales of pjhantasia play on snes emulator? and whats the build quality and button feel like?

I take it you're not into the PS1 remake of Tales of Phantasia?

Amon_Re said:
Bugger it, I just ordered me one :D

Amon_Re, congrats and welcome to the beta test team :)

So I've been looking for information.. It is scarce.

Apparently z4root (maybe v1.3) will root the device. *UNTESTED* But I google translated that from the youtube page with 40 minute video and the guy demoing all the emulators and games.

How do we go about getting updated emulators on it? download from internet or android marketplace? (I'm an android novice)

How do we get android marketplace on it?

Is it even necessary to root the device? I know on my kindle fire I can side-load whatever apps i d/l.

thejock said:
Amon_Re said:
Bugger it, I just ordered me one :D

Amon_Re, congrats and welcome to the beta test team :)

So I've been looking for information.. It is scarce.

Apparently z4root (maybe v1.3) will root the device. *UNTESTED* But I google translated that from the youtube page with 40 minute video and the guy demoing all the emulators and games.

How do we go about getting updated emulators on it? download from internet or android marketplace? (I'm an android novice)

How do we get android marketplace on it?

Is it even necessary to root the device? I know on my kindle fire I can side-load whatever apps i d/l.

I'll get back to you once I receive it ;)

It's possible to root the device wirg z4root, very easy.

And you can install the android market application to download apps on your device.

Here's where I have a problem, it doesn't work for me, so I'm waiting for other people to try it.

There are emulators included on the device (N64, Genesis ...), but it seems you can't update them like this.

We 'll have to access the device to remove them and put new ones, but I'm stuck on this.

Yinlips directely send me one console today, when i get it i will post my review ;)

iprice said:
Perhaps OpenPandora should adopt Android for their next console...

You could port Android to the Pandora if you wanted I guess or Linux towards this little beast :)

Is the controller only digital? That would suck!
They put ARM A9 @ 1.2GHz, MALI-400 @ 400 MHz and they suck on the analog pads...
Is WIFI included?
On the box it also says GPS... Is it true?

BAFelton said:

And you can install the android market application to download apps on your device.

Here's where I have a problem, it doesn't work for me, so I'm waiting for other people to try it.

There are emulators included on the device (N64, Genesis ...), but it seems you can't update them like this.

We 'll have to access the device to remove them and put new ones, but I'm stuck on this.

BAFelton,

What happens if you try and sideload the apps onto the system by moving the apk's from your PC to the device an installing them from the device itself?

thejock said:
BAFelton said:

BAFelton,

What happens if you try and sideload the apps onto the system by moving the apk's from your PC to the device an installing them from the device itself?

I'm going to try this today, I thought that with the DRM it wouldn't work but it's worth to try.

Nice video's BAF. Keep em coming.. I've probably got another two weeks hong kong post to wait until I get mine, and your video's are fun to watch in anticipation.

So since you already posted you can't update the EMU's yet, how are the stock emulators? From the look of the video's they look great (full speed)... is there really any need to update them?

Back