Announcing Droidora - - - HELP WANTED

I also tried some benchmarking apps. Graphics acceleration is poor, that is known but also CPU speed is bad. Gotta find a way to fix this.

Okay, I expenaded the wiki page a little bit for future information. If you have anything nice to add, you may do so :) (e.g. MarioPando's links, Lord Moonscar's app store alternative etc.).

In future I'll add any questions and answers to the wiki (like the stand-by kernel message screen).

Every time I look at this thread the title looks like "Diadora", the sportswear manufacturer!

you're stuck in the 90s aren't you? let me find one of the spice girls to pull you out with :p
That's odd, I'm normally stuck in the 80s. Oh, and don't bother with any of the Spice Girls, get me Melanie Blatt from All Saints. ;)

So the Slide Me appstore is ok to be posted on the Droidora Wiki page?

Last edited by a moderator:
i effing love worms armageddon!!!!!

Whats not to love.

Back on subject, this seems like a really awesome project, I wish I could help in some way but I have no programing knowledge (need a pixel artist by any chance :p ).

Good luck.

Having been using Android on the latest Galaxy2 for the last couple of days I so wish the Pandora ran this as the default OS.

As some of you know I've wished it for a long time, but gads, internal politics.

but gads, internal politics.

and resistive touchscreen

really android wouldn't work so well as angstrom, sure it's a whole world of droidy goodness, but the fact things are written in java isn't too nice

could work rather well with android as a backend, and being able to switch to a native frontend instead of dalvik for most things

(android is rather ram heavy too :p )

As some of you know I've wished it for a long time, but gads, internal politics.
No one ever stopped you from doing it yourself, or hiring someone to do it for you. If you don't like the work Notaz, DJWillis and Skeezix have all effectively done for free, you don't have to use it.

No one ever stopped you from doing it yourself, or hiring someone to do it for you. If you don't like the work Notaz, DJWillis and Skeezix have all effectively done for free, you don't have to use it.

What the hell are you talking about?

What the hell are you talking about?
I mean that if you really wanted Android for the Pandora you could have done it. There's no need to invoke politics, just do it, the same way that you're developing your repository system. It is Linux and Angstrom because the people that helped work on it wanted it to be so. That's part of the good thing about the Pandora, right? That people can work on what they want? It isn't "internal politics" when those people want to work on something that is different from what you want.

I believe the Pandora didn't fulfil (right word?) the requirements of Android, therefor Craig couldn't legally put Android on the Pandora.

Back