Annoyance of Tapatalk messages.. (split)

You know what I find more annoying than the tapatalk messages that I can easily just mentally blocked out when I see "sent" at the bottom?

The fact that the tapatalk plugin more times than not is borked up on this forum and turns everything I write into a wall of text.

I don't know if its the plugins fault or its just out of date or what?

It strips most all formatting I've done and the result is in my opinion,100x more irritating to myself and I'm sure readers as well than a little tag at the bottom of my message.

This message was written from the tapatalk app and it should have 5 line breaks.

Edit: checked, its a wall o text in browser.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I find more annoying than the tapatalk messages that I can easily just mentally blocked out when I see "sent" at the bottom? The fact that the tapatalk plugin more times than not is borked up on this forum and turns everything I write into a wall of text. I don't know if its the plugins fault or its just out of date or what? It strips most all formatting I've done and the result is in my opinion,100x more irritating to myself and I'm sure readers as well than a little tag at the bottom of my message. This message was written from the tapatalk app and it should have 5 line breaks. Edit: checked, its a wall o text in browser.
It's a wall of text on my browser. And I agree "Sent from my douchephone with tapatalk" is extremely annoying. 

The fact that the tapatalk plugin more times than not is borked up on this forum and turns everything I write into a wall of text.I don't know if its the plugins fault or its just out of date or what?
It's a forum bug in my opinion - happens if I browse without turning on Javascript too.

The fix I've found is to hit the 'more reply options' button prior to posting, and then hitting 'add reply' from there. Or if you forget, going back to the post afterwards, editing it but not making any changes. That seems to bring back the formatting - which is still there, just not being shown. No idea if that fix is applicable to this thing you call 'tapatalk' mind you.

FWIW my theory is the forum expects you to be entering HTML in the quick reply box for some reason. In HTML all whitespace is the same, so newlines should look the same as spaces. But the edit box, and the detailed reply box expect BBcode, and there newlines are respected.

Regarding the tapatalk issue it annoyed me momentarily the first few times I saw it, but I saw so many regs using it (and assumed this issue must've come up before) that it was a mild form of trolling, so I ignored it. Can't say I'm bothered either way now.

Edit: And that   crap at the top is another aspect of this bug - quoting giving you a mix of BBcode and HTML you have to edit back into BBCode.

The fact that the tapatalk plugin more times than not is borked up on this forum and turns everything I write into a wall of text.I don't know if its the plugins fault or its just out of date or what?
It's a forum bug in my opinion - happens if I browse without turning on Javascript too.

The fix I've found is to hit the 'more reply options' button prior to posting, and then hitting 'add reply' from there. Or if you forget, going back to the post afterwards, editing it but not making any changes. That seems to bring back the formatting - which is still there, just not being shown. No idea if that fix is applicable to this thing you call 'tapatalk' mind you.

FWIW my theory is the forum expects you to be entering HTML in the quick reply box for some reason. In HTML all whitespace is the same, so newlines should look the same as spaces. But the edit box, and the detailed reply box expect BBcode, and there newlines are respected.

Regarding the tapatalk issue it annoyed me momentarily the first few times I saw it, but I saw so many regs using it (and assumed this issue must've come up before) that it was a mild form of trolling, so I ignored it. Can't say I'm bothered either way now.

Edit: And that   crap at the top is another aspect of this bug - quoting giving you a mix of BBcode and HTML you have to edit back into BBCode.
I find quick reply in the latest version of tapatalk (v4) to be just completely broken. it says I post but nothing shows up either in the app or in browser. I have to do a full reply to get anything to post. Editing a previously browser submitted post will strip the formatting as well. It sounds it is like you say, but I still think it's a outdated plugin issue. But this is the only "IP board" forum I post to.

I used to have the &amp stuff when I editied a post, but ED fixed that with an update to the plugin for the forum. I imagine it's the same thing going on here.

I don't have these problems on my own forum, but I take extra care to keep that specific plugin up to date because I use it very frequently.

Back