Annoyance of Tapatalk messages.. (split)

please inform as to where can buy mobile telephone STOP sent from local post office using teletype machine STOP

Last edited by a moderator:
please inform as to where can buy mobile telephone STOP sent from local post office using teletype machine STOP
bwahahahaha, awesome!

if theres some sort of unofficial vote going on for the next set of games, im throwing in my vote(s) for Duke II and the first person catacombs game. Duke 1 was the first game I ever played and it was quite refreshing having a PND version of it with working sound.

bwahahahaha, awesome!
sorry for the offtopic, but shouldn't the forum reject message with tapatalk or iphone publicity? that added parts of the message is just some blatant spam to me... it might motivate people to deactivate that...

bwahahahaha, awesome!
sorry for the offtopic, but shouldn't the forum reject message with tapatalk or iphone publicity? that added parts of the message is just some blatant spam to me... it might motivate people to deactivate that...
I would be happy to remove that tag whenever I see it - but only if people are generally happy with routine mod editing of posts.

An automatic system would be neater as long as it didn't produce too many false positives.

Obviously it should tell the poster why their post was rejected

yes, I meant an automated system... spending mod time on that would be a strange idea...

I wouldn't take long if we we reading the post anyway, but I don't fancy trying to find every single TT reference.

Alternatively, we could sent a polite PM asking the poster to turn of the advertising tag whenever we see one.

I dunno - I think the tapatalk tag is more to advise that  the poster is on a limited device, and has to put up with touchscreen as a keyboard... so be gentle in terms of being a grammar nazi.

I wouldn't mind those messages that much if it included a line break to separate it from the post.

Edit!, split from the classic Apogee thread.. this should be discussed.. just not sure that was the right place.

@Trashy, thanks for getting round to splitting it.

Could the message be replaced with "<newline> Posted from a mobile device"?

That would serve the purpose PokeParadox suggests, without getting in the way, and without advertising anyone's products.

The problem I see is this message is most likely created on the mobile phone device and nothing to do with the forum.

I could be wrong, unless there is some sort of mobile template on the boards that's missing a line break.

I was thinking that someone might be able to write an IPboards script (or something) to automatically check/change posts as they are submitted

I just started using TT and I quickly found the setting to turn it off. I agree it is annoying and a waste of pixels. You would think the AC's would turn it off after a few messages. For some, I think it is someone a point of pride.

Alternatively, we could sent a polite PM asking the poster to turn of the advertising tag whenever we see one.
That's the way to do it.
Anyone second this? Or object?

Seconded.  I think this is a good start.    

Personally I'd go further and say if they don't turn it off after a polite warning, put them in moderated mode until they confirm it's tuned off...

I dunno - I think the tapatalk tag is more to advise that the poster is on a limited device, and has to put up with touchscreen as a keyboard... so be gentle in terms of being a grammar nazi.
In that case I think it's counter productive.   Seeing the tag all the time is annoying,  and someone who is annoyed is more likely to be critical.

- Neelix

Just dropping this here, I use tapatalk and try to remember to turn the message off. However when I do a titanium restore the message comes back. When I see it's posting the message I turn it back off.

However, I'm tempted to leave the damn thing on when some smartass makes a sarcastic post. If it's such a problem perhaps the forum should disable tapatalk integration.

An automatic system would be neater as long as it didn't produce too many false positives.
Obviously it should tell the poster why their post was rejected
You mean replacing the signature with something like "Signature removed, because it advertised the great app 'Tapatalk', that can be downloaded [here]"? :D

If it's such a problem perhaps the forum should disable tapatalk integration.
Why punish all tapatalk users, just because some aren't able to flip one switch ? I don't use tapatalk, but I can see that there are others that benefit a lot from it, and as long as I'm not bothered with it, I see no reason to not leave it activated

Back