Annoyance of Tapatalk messages.. (split)

I dunno - I think the tapatalk tag is more to advise that  the poster is on a limited device, and has to put up with touchscreen as a keyboard... so be gentle in terms of being a grammar nazi.
Exactly the reason I have left it enabled on my phone but in an edited form.

There are far more intrusive signatures with large GFX/passages of text.  Yes you can disable those but I feel that it is just another form of censorship and would never suggest a user change their signature.

We had the same topic in the German board once. ^^ My opinion is: I don't care, from where you write, I ALWAYS expect a good form with grammar, commas, full stops, thinking before writing and so on. If you are not able to write agreeable posts on your mobile device - just leave it. There are very few cases, in which it is not possible to wait for being at a real PC. So if you write ugly posts with mentioning tapatalk, you just annoy me - twice.

Ziz

PS: Written on my mobile phone within a browser. :p

I personally don't care about message telling us you're used your phone, what I hate is this malware kind of automatically added advertisement message...

We had the same topic in the German board once. ^^ My opinion is: I don't care, from where you write, I ALWAYS expect a good form with grammar, commas, full stops, thinking before writing and so on. If you are not able to write agreeable posts on your mobile device - just leave it. There are very few cases, in which it is not possible to wait for being at a real PC. So if you write ugly posts with mentioning tapatalk, you just annoy me - twice.

Ziz

I can't agree more!

I don't care if someone is using tapatalk, firefox, smoke signals, a touchscreen, a real keyboard or brain control to write his messages…

Those ads are annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried tapatalk out once, but I find the mobile browser view to be a better interface so I never used it again.

Huhu,I use Tapatalk so often :)

I love that when i am underway.
Mostly Handybrowsers work slowly or loads tons of Commercials but in Tapatalk are you more fast on your Goal.

Posting is so fast and Easy with that :)

Personally I'd go further and say if they don't turn it off after a polite warning, put them in moderated mode until they confirm it's tuned off...
Really? That's a bit harsh I hope no one takes that seriously.
*shrugs*  I would hope it never came to that.  Most people seem willing to turn it off on request.  

That being said, if this is something Moderators are actively addressing, then anyone who doesn't comply is making more work for them,  so if that were to become a problem it would make sense to my mind to have a penalty for non-compliance...

- Neelix

Calling it a signature suggests that it is personal to the person who wrote the message.  I have no problem with signatures.  It would be rather hypocritical for me to have an issue with signatures. :)   However there's nothing personal about these plugs,  it's just an ad, which has nothing to do with the user and often times it's not even separated in any way from the text.

- Neelix

Ziz

For those who want to use their phones for posting:
There are still phones out there that have a real hardware keyboard. For example the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro, or the XPeria Mini Pro, which I prefer, because it's really really small and the keyboard is very well usable after some time to get used to it. I'm just writing this on the Mini Pro model SK17i using - you guessed it - Tapatalk ;-)

Never even used Tapatalk, seen the popups prompting me to use it on forums I visited before but always clicked the cancel button.

I'm like Ian though, not too bothered if people want to keep the standard sig or not, I'll get over it :)

Tapatalk is now free on android, can't speak for ios.

I find it such a boom as I am an active member of 6 forums & it takes me minutes to check each with tapatalk.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I think people need to get a life, there is more in this world to worry about than a signature on a forum message.
If all these homeless, and or dying people hear about out first world problems they'd probably just lol.
This is such a stupid argument...How can you have fun while most people in the world suffer?

How can you buy a new fancy gimmick like a console or a smartphone while most of the people don't have the resources to buy food for their family?

How can you whine about hot, cold or wet weather wearing Goretex clothes, living in teleheating houses and using much energy for your air conditioning systems?

And how can I bleat about annoying advertising while other people have real problems? ;)

(I could make the list even longer if you want...)

Think about it.

And just because I grumble about peanuts, doesn't mean I don't grumble and think about more important stuff like fair working conditions and as few as possible environment pollution for my food and clothes. Or about not buying every new console/smartphone/notebook/clothes/toys/stuff just because it is NEW and I HAAAAAVE to own it...

I can grumble about many things! Parallel! I am a multi tasking nagger!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it such a boom

14973332-cartoon--boom-comic-book-explosion.jpg

I think you mean "boon" :p

Back