Anyone actively developing games for the Pyra?

I have learnt sprite art myself these past few months. Its so much fun.

You gonna make some video games with it? We need some original games for the Pyra.

Actually yes. The EldritchParty [Formerly The RGB] are porting/remaking a few titles that have just recently [2018] been recovered.

The other thing is a semi game as the original plan for the osiris company project was to use a secondary device to handle certain ingame events as well as player inventory and incoming messages from characters within the game.
The plan was to use a players cell phone through an app to handle the extra stuff [where as if the player did not/preferred to not have a phone, the extra content would be within the full game UI], which slowly became "if players owned a pyra, there would be exclusive functionality and content specifically built to take advantage of this new device". So instead of just receiving messages and accepting missions, it would extend over to preplanning before a set mission, controlling secondary objects such as the mech during combat, obtaining video feed of areas separate of the player and a few others. Anyway the core premise of the extend system is to bring another level of immersion with the game itself. It worked fairly well with Silent Opera [despite that being purely a 2-d horror game] so it would be interesting to finally flesh out this idea in a more action horror styled 3d game.

You gonna make some video games with it? We need some original games for the Pyra.
Well sprite art is one thing but always a programmer is needed. I have done several sprites in amiga 500 resolution and will do a game mock up soon. Guess i will keep plugging away. Maybe someone on the amiga forums will assist or not...

If anyone here needs sprite art for a Pyra game though i can do that. I am still learning but im learning fast. Regardless i am enjoying creating animated characters.

I hope more of you will have games ready for me to play. I'm already sick of playing mine...

I have a programming game... it's called "Finish it yerself"... :)

Edit:
In all honesty, I would love to, but I'm really failing on motivation... and that's because I don't think I particularly "sold" on any of my project ideas.
I guess I still like the idea of the Pyra Party, maybe even get guest game contributions if I ever actually established the core. Might be a nice project to break into some simple 3D game construction

Last edited:
I wonder what to expect as DBP the next few weeks or months, as far as i can see, there are some Games on the Pyra Repo, but the only 2 Games i testet where Drastic, and the Stella Emulator,
Drastic works maybe a bit slow, but it will get optimiced if i remember correctly,
Stella ditnt run, i dont know why, maybe because the Build is too old?
The rest of the Games wherend testet yet from me, maybe i will download some today and test..

I know there are some Games on the Debian Repo, but things like Mednaven and GNGB ditnt work on my Pyra, so im currently have only the Gnome Games, and Drastic to play on my Pyra..

Yeah, I'm developing a game, more a demo really. I'm trying to do a couple of levels of a Starfox-style game.

It's slow going because I'm learning C++ to do it. And I've just scrapped most of my code because my structure was holding me back. I'm now trying the approach recommended by Handmade Hero to get my code structure better defined.

I wrote a some minigames during the brief time i had mine. (will come back, no worry)
Tests for the hardware, to test out what parts can be used to make a game unique for this system.
Pong controlled by the volume wheel exists now, so does snake.
But steering it with the volume wheel feels like driving bumper cars after 2L Jägermeister.
The vibro motor is kinda useless and i have no idea what to use the rgb leds with.
_unique_ pyra games should probably focus on the nub control, the gyros and the touchscreen.

Back