Anyone Else Here Losing Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Exophase' said:
Since this is an iPhone topic, I'm just going to say how impressed I am with how useful everything is in the app store.
how true! amazing things like iBeer or "i am rich". realy cool stuff. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was calming down, slow and gentle like, but seeing that Q2 video has fired me up again. In a few days it'll hit me that it's still a couple months away at least, and then I will crash in depression. :(

flatmush said:
I lost interest in the pandora since I got my newest toy

Why? Seems to me that a BeagleBoard would be a much more versatile system, at not much more cost. Though perhaps I'm missing something?

'WizardStan' said:
'flatmush' said:
I lost interest in the pandora since I got my newest toy

Why? Seems to me that a BeagleBoard would be a much more versatile system, at not much more cost. Though perhaps I'm missing something?
Yes, it's an fpga which means I can program it to be any chip I want it to be, while a beagleboard is just a system with a fixed microprocessor in.
A beagleboard is more useful if you only want to develop software, but in the fpga I can implement my own processor then program that, so do stuff from a much lower level.

'kattle87' said:
I tell you: I have not lost interest, but I am going nuts and depressed. The point is: I am one of the last in the queue (estimated 3500-3700). The mould for the case will need 35 days to produce. We need CE testing done before, so we get a min 40 days total before the first one. Plus at least one week for delivering mine. It's gonna be more than 3 months wait for me. And I was hoping for getting it "soon" after the xmas holidays... :(

If I could have it unassembled, I would really like to get one ASAP. I dont want to wait because i will have more stuff going on with my university in about 2-3 months. I mean: I will not be able to do anything fun with that (I was thinking about a little project involving Pandora and Arduino board, plus porting a little game engine on the Panda) :(

I am so sad about it. :( Can anyone please help me up?
if that would help you in any way, i too am at the end of the first batch (somewhere close to you). and i too will be quite busy through the second half of this year (and getting busier toward the end). the pandora meets long-term interest of mine, though, so i am not upset i will not be able to do something by next month on it. after all i am planning to put it to good use for years to come. so these days i am in preparations for the pandora - i am getting up to speed with the arm ISA and i am gl-es-ifying my rendition framework - all things i could easily do on a desktop (ok, the ipod touch helps there too). so maybe you too have pandora-targeted things you could get up to a certain level on your desktop and/or other handhelds. point being, people usually have a pipline there - so keep it crunching : )

flatmush said:
Yes, it's an fpga which means I can program it to be any chip I want it to be, while a beagleboard is just a system with a fixed microprocessor in.
A beagleboard is more useful if you only want to develop software, but in the fpga I can implement my own processor then program that, so do stuff from a much lower level.
A logic processor that can effectively rewrite itself? O.O Sorry, I just figured it was another CPU architecture I wasn't familiar with.
The mind reels at the possibilities! Thank you for the enlightenment.
I think I'll just stick with MCU level programming though. That's deep enough for me. An FPGA is getting way too meta for my liking.

"It'll be in my hands in a week!!"
- Me, over 3 months ago

...Yes. I have lost excitement. they havent even mass produced the boards yet.

The forums aren't even that interesting to me anymore. it's way beyond the point now where i should have the device, not be talking about it, but oh well.

had the pandora team told us how long we'd be waiting i'd have been content until the big day instead of disappointed. I'm presuming "april shipment" is still correct. i know March is impossible.

I do not even loose one single second intrest in the Pandora or the project.

EVERY DAY i check for updates. every small post in the Blog makes me AHHHHHH OHHHHHHH.

Every new Video, doesn't matter how small, makes me wet my Pants.

I still wait for the moment when i will hold my high end toy in my hands.

It's not only the Pandora as a emulator gaming device. it's the whole project!!!
I think the developing and manufacturing of that nice little toy is a big step into the right direction.
That's, why i believe that the Pandora will be a success and why i have full faith into the project !

So once again, I DO NOT LOOSE THE INTREST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
:pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1: :pandora1:

I was going to correct you on the "Loose" but than I noticed all the other stuff and just decided to write this.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that my was Pandora unexpectedly delivered. After having a quick look (I think the keyboard was partly made of sellotape) the first thing I wanted to do was get on the boards to see if anyone else had got theirs. The dream then descended into a boring struggle with a corporate firewall trying to connect to gp32x.de until I finally woke up.

I wish I had at least of turned it on, and I hope the real arrival is a bit more exciting!

I seriously nearly lost interest at the start of the week - with work committments - even thought about getting a refund and getting hold of a HTC Shift of ebay (leaving WM6 but using Ubuntu instead of vista)

But the blog update this week, keeps me in till the end - just hope we see the Pandoras being shipped in April

I'm not dancing in the streets or anything, but I kinda expected delays, considering the general crashing of the economy. I'm honestly surprised it went this well, considering the situation so many other businesses are in.

I must admit I'm still quite excited about the pandora. For me it will be very useful -- it will handily replace a big clunky old laptop I have (a 1Ghz Toshiba laptop) - the pandora is much more portable, newer and won't need a huge great housebrick battery charger (this is what the toshiba came with!).

I'm hoping I can replace my blackberry with the pandora too (and a "normal" mobile phone). I originally bought the blackberry not because a wanted a smartphone, but because I wanted something with a keyboard on it (and I didn't know about the pandora at the time).

If anyone else here is thinking about buying a blackberry smartphone btw my advice is *don't* - it is an awful thing, and really does nothing more than an ordinary mobile phone - and it iis just as slow!

Pandora for me will be *very* useful :) . If only there was a slackware for pandora, it'd be perfect!

ljones

'WizardStan' said:
'flatmush' said:
A logic processor that can effectively rewrite itself? O.O Sorry, I just figured it was another CPU architecture I wasn't familiar with.
The mind reels at the possibilities! Thank you for the enlightenment.
I think I'll just stick with MCU level programming though. That's deep enough for me. An FPGA is getting way too meta for my liking.

FPGA's are great for older systems, there's a C64 system I've seen that uses a FPGA and you can swap it with other retro CPU's. It's called the C-One, can find it through google.

When you have been non-stop excited since the announcement of the Pandora I really think you should get a life.... :blink:

I have been excited in the beginning and lost it after a couple of delays. My periodic need for gadgets is satisfied by the HTC G1 (Android) and for my gaming pleasure I just play NDS lately. For a casual player like me the DS is great. It boots fast and has a enormous collection of pick and play games.

Pandora is still a great concept, and I am looking forward to its arrival. But as you all know, an erection doesn't last forever.

'b_o_b' said:
But as you all know, an erection doesn't last forever.
For some, it does.CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapism

'cbox' said:
FPGA's are great for older systems, there's a C64 system I've seen that uses a FPGA and you can swap it with other retro CPU's. It's called the C-One, can find it through google.

You've got a C-One? And here I thought I was hardcore with my SCPU128! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back