Anyone Else Lost Interest?

So true to the comment above. I don't think a lot of people realize how hard it is to make something of this caliber. If it wasn't thanks to the fellows at OpenPandora we wouldn't have this glorious piece of open source hardware.

If you want to bash it and bitch to us how much you're 'tired' of waiting, you can leave because, believe me, we're 'tired' of hearing you complain. We're all waiting together. We don't want to hear it...

@sdlvx

Roflmfao, ok, Let's go through your points. When you grow up, you'll want to date a dumb super model, believe me, and I never knew super models could be operated by 2 year olds. However, if a device like an iPhone can be operated by a two year old, how is that a bad thing? Are you saying that you want the Pandora to be complex and difficult to operate?

Nice to see you've bought into the concept of the Pandora and are waiting to see what it's like before you buy one. Presumably if you don't like it you'll "loose", sorry lose, interest and move onto the next new product. And hey, you want to play old console games, buy a dingoo, they'll actually send you one when you give them money, what a weird concept that is. And when you've saved up your pocket money you'll actually be able to put it into you cargo shorts.

I agree, Pandora's philosophy is stunning, get people to pay for a device that doesn't exist. Genius. And if you're going to correct grammar, there's no apostrophe in "it's philosophy" by the way.

Oh, I'm afraid I can't compare my iPhone to the Pandora, as I don't have a Pandora. I do however, have an iPhone (I used that weird concept I spoke about earlier of exchanging money for goods to get one).

So, I've stopped to think for a minute, I can have an iPhone or, I could have a Pandora. Oh no, wait a minute, I can't because they don't exist.

Did I mention that I have an iPhone?

Sorry to point out the obvious but all you idiots that are losing interest are still actually intrested as you are still here...

What a bunch of plonkers :)

Actually I did order my pandora to support the case (no pun intended), no matter how long it takes. I don't need a pandora - I also don't need an iPod touch (but still have one, and it is a great little gadget to use). Of course all the delays are annoying, but how long does it take for big companies like Nintendo or Sony to bring out a new device when they have to start from scratch (and look at the pathetic DSi)? How long does it take apple to produce a new version of the iPhone or iPod touch (still not a single card slot there)? So what the devs have achieved so far is simply great.

To put it very simple:
  • if you don't want a pandora any more, just go away and stop complaining. Devs are doing what they can, and we already get a regular update on the status.
  • if you do want to support pandora and are willing to wait, don't complain all the time. Instead do some productive work, enjoy your life. Whatever.
  • if you do want to support pandora but are not willing to wait, you should rethink your decision making. pandora is not yet an off-the-shelf-product - and wasn't at the time we could place our orders.

(well, my two cents anyway)

Holger

HAS ANYONE REALIZED WE HAVE ONE OF THESE THREADS EVERY MONTH OR SO...
ITS KINDA ANNOYING.

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
oflmfao, ok, Let's go through your points.

A nicely amusing response but it didn't FEEL like you two guys were really connecting on a point-for-point basis most of the time.

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
When you grow up, you'll want to date a dumb super model, believe me, and I never knew super models could be operated by 2 year olds.

I find that supermodels suffer the same problem as Pandora - I just can't get my hands on one :(

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
Are you saying that you want the Pandora to be complex and difficult to operate?

I'm not sure if it's allowed to turn gibberish ranting into conversational sense, but I get the impression that the iPhone is being talked down as a "too simple" toy - rather like gaming went through a bad patch of "gloss over content", where games looked good but were really bad on the gameplay side. "All look and no substance" is another phrase that trips off the tongue when thinking about such things. So it's not so much that sdlx wants the Pandora to be hard to use so much that he/she/it expects the Pandora to be complex enough - adult enough? - to reward a more mature operator.

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
buy a dingoo, they'll actually send you one when you give them money, what a weird concept that is. And when you've saved up your pocket money you'll actually be able to put it into you cargo shorts.

?this money thing is supposed to be some form of EXCHANGE? I thought we were just donating our money out of love! Oi - Craig! ;)

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
I agree, Pandora's philosophy is stunning, get people to pay for a device that doesn't exist. Genius.

How about 'getting people to pay for a product that, when it exists, will have mnost of the tech support costs shouldered by the OPEN_SOURCE customers?'. Though to be honest big business has been pulling that one for quite a while now anyway :(

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
And if you're going to correct grammar, there's no apostrophe in "it's philosophy" by the way.

Are you sure? It looked rather like a possessive apostrophe to me? :shrug

Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
Oh, I'm afraid I can't compare my iPhone to the Pandora, as I don't have a Pandora. I do however, have an iPhone

That's my favourite line :D

Last edited by a moderator:
TJFBryant said:
ITS KINDA ANNOYING.
HAS ANYONE REALIZED THAT THE ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE GETS PUSHED BACK EVERY MOTH OR SO...
ITS KINDA ANNOYING.

Anyway, I completely understand these threads. A lot of people are annoyed. I'm getting sick of defending myself to coworkers, family, friends, my wife, etc for ordering the Phantom Pandora. I still am excited and interested, but like many said, it's faded.

socket said:
TJFBryant said:
ITS KINDA ANNOYING.
HAS ANYONE REALIZED THAT THE ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE GETS PUSHED BACK EVERY MOTH OR SO...
ITS KINDA ANNOYING.

Anyway, I completely understand these threads. A lot of people are annoyed. I'm getting sick of defending myself to coworkers, family, friends, my wife, etc for ordering the Phantom Pandora. I still am excited and interested, but like many said, it's faded.
i agree with you. +1
its not the fault of the dev team, but still im getting crazy of the damn release date, it keeps getting longer.

I also think we have a 90% chance of that there happens something again, that will give us a month delay or so.
But like i said in some other posts, september is my final date. when its not released there, or being shipped, i cancel.

Monk said:
Rocking Horse Sh1t said:
And if you're going to correct grammar, there's no apostrophe in "it's philosophy" by the way.

Are you sure? It looked rather like a possessive apostrophe to me? :shrug

Then you need grammar glasses. Its does not have a possessive apostrophe, it's is a contraction of either it is or it has

And to stay on-topic: The only interest I've lost is that which my bank would've given me on the money if I'd not pre-ordered, but when my Pandora arrives I'll have something worth much more!

To Craig, ED, et al.: Take all the time you need to make this a quality product. If I ever win big on the lottery I'll give you a bonus!

I'm not losing interest, but it's getting very difficult to find non-emulator related things to occupy my time. I'm saving all my retro-gaming for the Pandora. I don't know why exactly. It's not like I couldn't play three new games everyday for the rest of my life, and still not play them all.

I find it funny however, that my wife and mother-in-law are apparently taking bets now. Bets on what exactly, I'm not sure. Either that I got scammed, or that I won't see my Pandora this year, one or the other. :)

Why are people so bothered about 'when' they will get it and losing interest? You either want the Pandora or don't and as the money has already been spent it's up to you whether you want it back or not. Just think, who would want it released the most?

a. The people who have put so much hard work into making the Pandora and a lot of money up-front, have had to put up with many external problems and are doing this for you, the community. They're not even going to really be making any money back until the second batch so they're taking big risks to make this device.

b. Customers.

They have much more motivation and have made more of an investment in time and resources towards getting the Pandora out. EvilDragon has been updating us a lot recently (Thankyou very much ED) and things are going well so yes I would like it to be released soon but it will turn up whenever it's ready and there are plenty of other things to occupy my time. I'll just be happy when I have it but that could be any time because I know the Pandora team is working hard on getting things done.

socket said:
ITS KINDA ANNOYING.

Obviously we need to exterminate the moths - problem solved ;)

socket said:
I'm getting sick of defending myself to coworkers, family, friends, my wife, etc for ordering the Phantom Pandora. I still am excited and interested, but like many said, it's faded.

Not aimed at the poster specifically, but it's been nagging on me a little how many people are having trouble defending their purchasing decisions. Why are you having to defend it? It seems like so many people are living in situations where their behaviour is scrutinised and criticised too much :(

paeryn said:
Then you need grammar glasses.

Oh? Thanks for the illumination. I'd thank you for not being a dick about it too, but that ship has clearly sailed.

If:
A: I get what I want

and

B: I want a Pandora

Pandora will come out = counterargument to Pandora not coming out.

Thus, Pandora will come. I haven't lost interest (I'm just a little busy ATM)

i think it wouldve been at the back of everyones mind if this was like a true pre-order like in the shops.. pre order the product with a 5-10 quid deposit then wait till release. fine. i think the majorty of the people are a bit hot under the collar cause they paid full whack last year.
ive only been waiting a few months with my preorder. longer before i jumped on board.

its either gonna be 100% commitment and wait it out. or bail and take your money and leave. at this point in the process its a bit late to start thinking the latter.
the guys are working as fast as they can. its only things outside their control now stopping these products from hitting the shelves (metaphorical shelves... although i think Criag has shelves)

i love hearing updates, even bad news were a week behind now.. news as it keeps me safe in the knowledge stuff is happening.
just wish there was a final deadline for release. but seeing as this is new to everyone here i guess something like that cannot be anything more than a rough estimate :/

the end is nigh (in a good way)

goonaman said:
Why are people so bothered about 'when' they will get it and losing interest?

Well from my personal point of view I am highly bothered about *when* I get it, as I have two 13 hour plane flights at the beginning of Sept, which I guess I *won't* have a Pandora for.

When I originally pre-ordered I was expecting to have a Pandora for my two twelve hour plane flights in April. Luckily I managed to sleep right through one of them, which is very unusual for me!

So, yes I'm kinda *peeved* that I'm going to have to endure more air time without the Pandora to occupy me (not to mention the two three train journey either side of the return trip, along with god knows how many hours of waiting around in airports!)

Wow... I've got an idea for some of you..

Why don't you LEAVE the forums and FORGET about the Pandora for a while. That way when you come back there will be 6-7 pieces of new information for you to smother until release. That's what I have done. Instead of stalking on the forums not accomplishing anything, Enjoy your f-ing summer instead of pissing it away on these forums and kissing Craig's ass.

Chill out and wait..

EDIT: Oh, and on a side note; when the Pandora eventually shows face, it's going to be funny to see how many of you whiners disappear when you have your handheld..

MrBlais said:
EDIT: Oh, and on a side note; when the Pandora eventually shows face, it's going to be funny to see how many of you whiners disappear when you have your handheld..

What's funny about that? It's quite obvious that the whiners will dissapear once the Pandora actually ships, when the whining is about the delayed delivery!

That's like waiting for over an hour for your meal in a restaurant and having one of the other customers say "It'll be funny to see you stop complaining when they finally [do their job and] get you your meal to you". Yup, nothing funny about that at all...

Back