Anyone Got A Ps3 Yet ?

I just got a PS3 at Best buy. It seems cool but there really is only one game I like (Resistance) as the rest are crappy sports games. The textures look a bit low res in Resistance. Gears of war on the 360 looks 100X better. I know Resistance is a launch game but most 360 launch games looked better. I connected the PS3 through HDMI. Actually my 360 looks MUCH sharper through VGA (PC input) on my Bravia HDTV though. HDMI doesn't seem quite as good as the VGA most likely due to the fact that the TV scales HDMI but allows 1:1 with VGA. HDMI also seems no better than component video.

Oh well the novelty is over, time to go back to Oblivion on the 360 :p

DaveC posted on Dec 1 2006 at 01:15 PM said:
I just got a PS3 at Best buy. It seems cool but there really is only one game I like (Resistance) as the rest are crappy sports games. The textures look a bit low res in Resistance. Gears of war on the 360 looks 100X better. I know Resistance is a launch game but most 360 launch games looked better. I connected the PS3 through HDMI. Actually my 360 looks MUCH sharper through VGA (PC input) on my Bravia HDTV though. HDMI doesn't seem quite as good as the VGA most likely due to the fact that the TV scales HDMI but allows 1:1 with VGA. HDMI also seems no better than component video.

Oh well the novelty is over, time to go back to Oblivion on the 360 :p
In the coming months some killer games will be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is definately somethin about the ps3 that makes me like it better than the 360. Next week i will have a wii and be able to decide wich is best :).

CABBAGES posted on Dec 1 2006 at 11:21 PM said:
there is definately somethin about the ps3 that makes me like it better than the 360. Next week i will have a wii and be able to decide wich is best :).

Because the PS3 is "Sony"?, maybe the hype?

I just like what looks best. For me now that is the 360 because VGA is so much sharper than HDMI. Other than that they are both basically equivalent.

CABBAGES posted on Dec 1 2006 at 05:48 PM said:
cool... Might go buy a 360 tomorrow then get a PS3

Did you get a 360 ? if so add me im iCABBAGESi :)

Been playin more of ridge racer 7 and i must say that it is amazing online ! and so far seems good offline.

not yet as the offer finished before I got time to buy one (£270 Delivered for Full package with Gears of war!!!) When I get one I will add you :)

Have you seen the FFXIII trailer? And it wasn't all CG, because you could tell the difference between the CG and realtime because of the crazy amount of shine used in the CG.

craigix said:
So is it quite easy to get a PS3 in the USA now?
lol.

craigix posted on Dec 2 2006 at 09:06 AM said:
Not by a long shot. When I read that DaveC casually walked in and "picked up a PS3 at best buy", I thought that sounded pretty strange ;). Don't know where he went, but any location I call says they don't have stock.

Heres me playin ridge racer 7 ---->HERE

Only 5 of us at the time but i have played alot more and usually get at least 10 people in a room.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 2 2006 at 02:48 PM said:
Not by a long shot. When I read that DaveC casually walked in and "picked up a PS3 at best buy", I thought that sounded pretty strange ;). Don't know where he went, but any location I call says they don't have stock.

I read on the net somewhere that BB was getting re-stocked that day. I called one place and they said they had like 5 left. Another said the truck wasn't there yet but they expected some. By the time I got there the truck came and they had like 5 left.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 2 2006 at 06:30 PM said:
Pretty sick graphics

It looks about on par with Project Gotham graphics wise, I did notice a bunch of framrate stutter on that video where you get brief pauses in speed.

remember i made that video with a shitty webcam and used virtual dub to capture and compress it and i do not have any idea about that stuff so it could also look stuttery because i dont knwo what im doin :D

Pretty sick graphics

looks no better than RR6, best by far visuals ive seen so far is gears of war, although heavenly sword looks beautiful. i wont be gettin one though. 360 an wii for me :D

yeah i noticed slowdown too, did seem like the streaming on youtube though, wasnt this the game game that was frezing up ps3's at TGS?

DaveC posted on Dec 2 2006 at 02:16 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 2 2006 at 02:48 PM said:

I read on the net somewhere that BB was getting re-stocked that day. I called one place and they said they had like 5 left. Another said the truck wasn't there yet but they expected some. By the time I got there the truck came and they had like 5 left.

Pretty sick graphics

It looks about on par with Project Gotham graphics wise, I did notice a bunch of framrate stutter on that video where you get brief pauses in speed.
Sounds to me like you were pretty diligent. Props for getting one, they supposedly sell out in the first hour they're in stock.

When I move i'll have to search out stores by me and try to get one or two. I can always drop them on ebay for more profit.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 3 2006 at 12:22 AM said:
Sounds to me like you were pretty diligent. Props for getting one, they supposedly sell out in the first hour they're in stock.

When I move i'll have to search out stores by me and try to get one or two. I can always drop them on ebay for more profit.

Yeah, I pretty much lucked out after reading a forum with reports of units being delivered that day. I had to buy it as it was easy. I have not used it though as there really are no games that I like. Resistance is OK but is brutally linear. It is like you are on rails with very little to no exploration. Everything else has been delayed to the middle of next year. I am not a sports game player or online gamer so there is not much for me on PS3.

There are alot of awesome games out for the 360 now so I will be playing that. I won't be able to finish all of the ones I want to play for months. The PS3 will just sit there looking pretty :p

Back