Anyone Got A Ps3 Yet ?

Looks good but in real life it will be even better / smoother... Remember thats a compressed video taken by a webcam and its being streamed from a web site ;)

Think I will be getting the 360 today... £320 for Prem Pack, Gears of War, Project Goth Racing 3, Xbox live Arcade, Extra Official Wireless Pad and 1 months Gold Subscription.

Well got the 360 at an even better price from Game Station!!!

£299 for -

Premium console
Extra Official Wireless Pad
Official Rechargable Battery Pack
Project Gotham Racing
Arcade Classics
1 Months Free Gold Membership
1 Game of your choice (I was stuck between Gears of war or Rainbow 6 Vegas, in the end I picked Gears of War :) )

I was very lucky at getting it as well as they were just about to lock up (5 seconds later and I wouldnt have it) and the offer ended Today :)

Now all I need is a PS3 when they come down :)

ah well i have a jap ps3 and dont have any jap ps2 games:( It is strange that the ps3 games are nto region locked but the ps2 and ps1 games are still region locked.

I got linux running but i have no idea how to install stuff on it.

Just got that cable i orderd aaaaaaaaaaaaages ago! I can get 1080i but not 1080p is this the problem with the ps3 i think i read about ? or maybe just my tv dosnt do 1080p ?

Progressive versus interlaced. One is the true resolution, the other is only mimicking it using roughly half the data. So if you have a good TV, you probably won't notice the difference. But personally I can't tell the difference between 780p and 1080i :p

Well, we ordered a 60GB budle thingy from EB Games a few days ago. It ships 12/21. We are happy :)

What's the deal with Yellow Dog Linux, anyway? What are the possibilities for emulators and such?

</overwhelming excitement>

well i havent really been messin around with it as at teh time i installed i didnt have component cables so it was such a low resolution i couldnt really do anythin then i got my wii. But i might try see what you can do with it sometime this week but as i know nothin really about linux i may have trouble doin so <_<

Mine came in the mail last night. 60 gig. Looks amazing on my TV (Sony XBR910). Resistance starts out somewhat dull but begins to really pick up. I've read that the further along you get, the more crazy and alien thing become. I'm seeing some of that so far. I've only got a few weapons, but the chimeran one that lets you "tag" guys and then blind fire is rad.

The motorstorm demo is of course awesome. I can't wait for this game to come out. So much awesomeness.

I need to download linux and get it on there. Sadly, Sony is locking us out of 3D acceleration with the RSX, so that's going to cut down on the game potential quite a bit. However, there should be plenty of juice to run lots of 2D emulators. There is also full access to the SPUs so a clever dev should be able to make a pretty awesome software opengl implementation using those. I'm sad that they don't give us RSX, but it's still effing amazing that they actually support linux on the thing.

If anyone wants to be my buddy, my username is, shockingly, dockthepod.

Huxley posted on Dec 17 2006 at 01:20 AM said:
Progressive versus interlaced. One is the true resolution, the other is only mimicking it using roughly half the data. So if you have a good TV, you probably won't notice the difference. But personally I can't tell the difference between 780p and 1080i :p

I thought one (progressive if I'm right) uses some sort of of scanlines. But not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at a local Wal-mart on this Friday late afternoon. About 9 hours ago to be exact. I had just got through playing on an instore demo PS3. When a store clerk walked up with his keys followed by this guy. He nonchalantly opened the glass door and pulled out a PS3 and they both walked over to the counter for the purchase. There were no crowds, no trampling, no pushing, kicking, guns going off, screaming or fighting. It was as if nobody cared. I was standing amazed that they had them this close to Christmas!
I was standing there wondering why nobody was caring. Had the base user group that was going to spend $600 peaked? Had everyone spent their money on something else already, not willing to wait it out? No, I think that maybe no one is expecting any to be available this late right before Christmas.
I stood there looking at them behind the glass for a few minutes. :ph34r:

gran turismo is out for download now :eek: the HD concept thingy. I will make a video maybe tonight :p

Heres a crap wee video i made HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back