anyone in the US wanna make a little $? (NOT SPAM!)

brian.baugus

Still Fresh
Hello. My name is Brian. First off, Mods forgive me if this post is in the wrong area, or breaks any forum rules. I will be more then happy to delete/relocate this if it is.

I am getting ready for my second deployment to the middle east in august, and from what I have heard, the place we are going, theres going to be a lot of downtime with nothing to do. So, i have been frantically trying to build up my collection of dvds, books, music, etc.

I was interested in getting a portable gaming device, but the problem occured when I really dont want to buy a new one, and buy new games, and so forth. So after doing research, i ran across pandora, which led me to these forums. I watched videos on youtube of it, and saw that it is an amazing machine that can emulate practically anything.

The problem is, with my lack of computer skills, and the lack of actual free time i get with the deployment getting closer and closer, i dont have time to do this myself, nor really want to.

So i would be willing to pay someone via paypal, or in person if they live close enough, to buy me a pandora, and preload/configure emulators and on it, and get it running smoothly and send it to me.

I would be willing to pay the initial cost, s&h, and a little extra for your time.

If you are intersted, please feel free to pm me, or contact me via skype "brian.baugus" and we can workout details.

Thanks for your time.

I am in the center on the picture to the left, and i am in the center of the first row of people sitting on the right picture.

24969_1340892933008_1551740472_30854992_981138_n.jpg

190383_1835522058427_1551740472_31850602_4794958_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting ready for my second deployment to the middle east in august
thanks for serving (and be safe)

The problem is, with my lack of computer skills, and the lack of actual free time i get with the deployment getting closer and closer, i dont have time to do this myself, nor really want to.
really it comes down to download a pnd, copy it to a sd card (and any other needed files), put sd card in pandora and run.

preload/configure a whole bunch of emulators and games on it
that would be illegal unless you owned the roms, which i dont think is the case

to be honest if you dont want to spend the time to set anything up, pandora really might no be for you. You want to consider one of the bigger guys where you shove in a cart and go.

Perhaps I can help a bit with the setting up of files; but you're on your own with buying the thing and a card.

Perhaps I can help a bit with the setting up of files; but you're on your own with buying the thing and a card.

i see. i was just browsing through the forums, and read a post about someone still waiting for a year or so for theirs still...is that still the case, or are they pretty easy to acquire now?

Now they're pretty easy. Order one, it'll ship within 7 days. Then it takes time to arrive; you've got plain old airmail or 48-hour UPS. Take your pick.

set up as far as emulation is pretty simple, and we're always here to help you, and theres people here who will help you dump your games into digital rom format, but paying somebody to give you some illegal roms to play is highly frowned upon in these parts of town. of course theres people who who will gladly show you where legal emulation is available, which games are open source, and we will gladly assist you in getting homebrew games onto your pandora, which of course, is as simple as pie. with all that said, please edit/delete the part of your post where you would pay someone to put roms on your pandora

Hello, I'm sure someone here will help you with a card.

We really are trying to put a lot of effort in to making the Pandora apple-easy to use in the very near future. I'm well aware of how scary it looks to non-tech types.

Big changes will be happening in the coming months to address this.

Given what service you do for us here in the U.S. I would be glad to assist you in nay way I might be needed, but would not accept any money for it. You do enough for us already for too little to justify taking any $ from you. I concur with above suggestions, buy the premium Pandora, and a couple SD cards, and everyone here will gladly help you get it going in no time

Thanks again for all that you do for those of us who cannot. I salute you sir.

Back