Anyone Try Out Mtpaint?

It totally does look like he has an animal nose in the official artwork... Also, it's an odd thing to mention but that picture looks like it was used as a character portrait in a final fantasy game. What's it from exactly?

The official picture, you mean? It's just some promotional artwork from Mega Man 8 (the full image shows him giving a thumbs-up). The frame on it was added by another source, it wasn't there originally.

rabidpoobear said:
there was a thread about this a while back, and one guy was posting using some pandora painting software I wrote.

would you be interested in testing out my software and possibly helping me make improvements? It has touch sensitivity builtin to the software but I've no idea how to get pressure data. if a dev will tell me how to interface with the touchscreen correctly I can add that in easily. Since I don't have a pandora I can't get it working without someone's help.
Follow this http://code.google.com/p/penjin/source/browse/trunk/SimpleJoy.cpp#698
downwards to line 758 where it actually gets the raw pressure value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, the frame was probably the only thing that made it look like it was from FF :lol:

rabidpoobear said:
there was a thread about this a while back, and one guy was posting using some pandora painting software I wrote.

Hello.

Great update Azuma, When my friend returns from sziget I'll let him do more paints. I hope to get him into a bit of sprite animation :D we'll see.

PokeParadox said:
rabidpoobear said:

would you be interested in testing out my software and possibly helping me make improvements? It has touch sensitivity builtin to the software but I've no idea how to get pressure data. if a dev will tell me how to interface with the touchscreen correctly I can add that in easily. Since I don't have a pandora I can't get it working without someone's help.
Follow this http://code.google.com/p/penjin/source/browse/trunk/SimpleJoy.cpp#698
downwards to line 758 where it actually gets the raw pressure value.
I hope you PMed him that, too, in case he isn't looking here.

I'm beginning to think that you come home from work and slip into a blue leotard and don a blue plastic helmet, Prometheus

Sugar_Kane said:
I'm beginning to think that you come home from work and slip into a blue leotard and don a blue plastic helmet, Prometheus

I think her boyfriend/girlfriend probably does.

SomeGuy99 said:
Sugar_Kane said:

I think her boyfriend/girlfriend probably does.

Some may argue that that was a cunning ploy to assess whether she currently has a partner, so that you might send her a box of Megaman shaped chocolates

megaman-cosplay.jpg
Megaman.png

Once I get my Pandora back from warranty repairs, I'm going to try to learn pixel art in my spare time so I can do the art for my game.

Bosbeetle said:
A friend of mine made this on my pandora with mtpaint :)

symryb.png

Anybody wondering where powdered toast man was heading :

slambam2.png

He was going to save the world from mouldy zombi bread :)

(also made on the pandora with mtpaint by the same friend)

Given a few more pages of discussion and it could easily turn into the (un)official mascot.

rabidpoobear, supposing you make something as simple and easy to use as Colors for the DS (and more recently iPhone I believe) I'll be interested in testing to no end. I'm no coder, but I really could use something simple and easy to fire up that's about as versatile as colors (especially if it has an easy screen wipe option).

Korlithiel said:
Given a few more pages of discussion and it could easily turn into the (un)official mascot.

rabidpoobear, supposing you make something as simple and easy to use as Colors for the DS (and more recently iPhone I believe) I'll be interested in testing to no end. I'm no coder, but I really could use something simple and easy to fire up that's about as versatile as colors (especially if it has an easy screen wipe option).
It is at least as easy to use as colors. I was also adding colors file format support so you could load the preexisting artwork in. Development on it and all other pandora apps are delayed indefinitely though until the team can figure out how to actually produce pandoras.

Meanwhile I've gotten a Mac and an iPhone and access to a much larger market... Sure wish I had a pandora but I guess the iPhone is not so bad. I miss python.

By screen wipe did you mean just blanking the canvas? I've had that feature since the beginning and it's logged as an event just like the brush strokes so it's recorded in the playback file.

Poem58 said:
Not to derail this thread cause I'd like to use the touchscreen to doodle when my Pandora arrives, but I noticed mention of animation. I was wondering if any doodle to animation options are available for porting
There are a few listed on the wiki's "Port Requests" page:
http://pandorawiki.org/Port_Requests#Other_programs

One is KToon http://www.ktoon.net/portal/download_counter
Another is Pencil http://www.pencil-animation.org/

I hope at least one gets ported eventually. :) Pencil looks like it could be easier because it can work in small screen resolutions.

does Mpaint or Raidpoobear's program actually support pixel art? or were poeple just planning on using the box tool. I'd love to see support for pixel art, i have just gotten into it, and would use htis feature a lot.

linc186 said:
does Mpaint or Raidpoobear's program actually support pixel art? or were poeple just planning on using the box tool. I'd love to see support for pixel art, i have just gotten into it, and would use htis feature a lot.

What do you mean by support pixel art? If you mean that when you zoom in enough you get a nice raster, then yes mtpaint does support pixel art.

Back