Apple Watch

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Last edited by a moderator:
meh-cat.jpg

Eh, I don't really like Apple much.  Their hardware is okay, but the software is just... *bleh*

-Glyph Reader

Meet the new iPhone, same as the old iPhone?

Wristwatch that bugs me with facebook comments, literally monitors my every move and locks me into the iUniverse?

Nope. Just Nope.

Apple needs to stop hiring "designers" and start hiring engineers.

Make something worthwhile, for once.

There is no real innovation anymore it seems.

Those new IPhones seem like nothing special anymore.

Just better numbers and other features, other Phones from Samsung and others already have.

Here's the problem with smartwatches.

First a background. Once upon a time people wore watches , now, not so much. Why, well you now have a watch on your smartphone (or mobile back then). Even though it takes a second to take your phone out of your pocket to see the time, it still saves you the cost of a watch and the discomfort of wearing one.

Would most people now buy a smartwatch, lets see . To enter text for email, tweet etc. NO. Would you type on a 1" screen rather than spend half a second taking your phone out to type on a 5.5" screen. Envisage trying to select virtual keys that are about a 2mm square. Horrendous

Would you read messages on a 1" screen -> NO, you would spend half a second to read the email, text on your 5.5" smartphone. Again, imagine reading an email , on the 1" screen

Would you make calls on it- As someone who has owned a phone watch, the answer is absolutely NO. Imagine answering a call in public where everyone can hear not just you, but the person calling you. Then if you take out a headset, there literally isn't an advantage over having instead taken out your smartphone.

Benefits, cost, useability, practicality, style . A product must be a winning combination of all these to succeed.

To be fair, people seem to rather type on screens than keyboards. Where is your logic in that? Also, are those promo videos a parody or is that the actual Apple videos? I can't even tell anymore.

Smartphone that cant be used one-handed == fail
Not really. That's why bigger Android phones have become popular. And Korea is mostly phablets, not small sized phones.

To be fair, people seem to rather type on screens than keyboards. Where is your logic in that? Also, are those promo videos a parody or is that the actual Apple videos? I can't even tell anymore.
Apple ads have always been parodies of actual ads anyway. So much lies/deception in 30 seconds, it's amazing. 

^ I totally agree with you, mate.

As for the vids, unfortunately they're the real deal. No parody. No joke.

Steve Jobs would be rolling in his grave right about now <_<
Well PC did get him in the end.

Typing on screens, yes people do that. typing on 1 inch screen keyboards over a 5.5" screen keyboard. No, and that was the point.  Can you imagine typing on a 1" screen keyboard - ive tried, not good as youd imagine.

Therefore, my next Handy is a "Pyra Phone "..

Apple is only good for theyre Old Ipods, ..

I wantet some weeks ago a Smartwatch, but as thyre expensive, and needs a Phone to work, and arent realy waterproof, i ditnt think now i have use for they..

The I Watch looks good, but i ditnt know if it works also whit the Pyra.., and its way to expensive..

5,5" isnt any more interesting, as i have a Note 2 since 2 Yeahrs,,

I noticed something in the promo video, and it solves my major concern with the iPhone getting a bigger screen: not being able to reach the top, and especially the top left corner.

It looks like some gesture (double-tapping the bottom of the screen?) brings the content halfway down the screen, allowing you to reach the content more easily than even the 4" iPhone. Was this a new thing or does Android have something like it?

Back