[Application] RISC OS on the Pandora

You can start the most packed Apps without unpacking. Doubleklick the archive and Start the App inside.

freeciv needs to be installed (doubleklick the freeciv-archive and copy to the freeciv-Folder).

I hope the Distro is stable because RISC OS official not supported partitions.

It says "bad archive" when I try and copy !Civ_client

Is that what I'm supposed to copy?

Ok

Raik, have you tried ArcEm? I've unpacked ArcEm, and copied Acorn ROM file (lega!) from here using these instructions.
I get the error message "Cannot open ROM file", no matter what I do :|

Edit: Tried unpacking another 3.71 archimedes rom file in RISC OS, still cannot open ROM.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not the right way. I mean ArcEm works only with a old 3.1 ROM. And it is better to use the ArcEM Version I have. It is faster an the Display settings working. I'm not sure if it is allowed to take this to the Distro.

Send me a Mail. I mean my adress you find in the acknowlidgement text or use the personal message in this forum.

Y'know, the reason I originally pre-ordered the Pandora was because the now venerable "Let's get started on a Pandora port" thread on the Riscos Open forum convinced me in 2008 that it would run Riscos. Since then I managed to convince myself that I really did want to emulate old games and run Linux on a pocket sized PC; neither of which were things that I'd given so much as a single throught to previously. Now I'm tantalisingly close to being able to relagate those assumed aspirations once more. Thanks Raik, and to everyone in the Riscos community who've poured hundreds of man-hours into the modern ports and improvements of Riscos over the past years.

@monty

The biggest thanks go to Jeffrey Lee and the people of ROOL. For me this is a hobby (ok, maybe a little more);-)

GREATLY OPERATING SYSTEM ^_^

I used the Software for Windows USB IT with XP and RISC OS work fine here.

The whole System boot up in ~5 Seconds.

Funny to Try.

Solutions for People where the IMZ not worked:

Use USB IT for Windows XP (Linux Users should use Wine,but i never tested it with Wine)

Choose your Card,

restore your Image and when a Error appear,ignore it and choose your Image again.(second Time work it fine)

When the Software USBIT say its finished,is it often not realy finished.

See that your Card Reader end the writing(blinking)

Set the SD in PANDORAS LEFT CARD SLOT

and enjoy a completly another Operating System for the Pandora.

Renember me a little to Amiga OS ^_^

USBIT Work fine,google it :)

When it not working,try another Reader or another SD Card.

Some SD Cards are incombatible,but that happen not so often,here worked 4 differrent Cards by me.

When using Windows Vista/Windows7/Windows8 use the USB IT Software with Administrator Rights.

I am Very interested in the DOSBOX Speed in there,maybe more Speed as in the Pandora OS.

I must Try this ;)

I tried using DD to write the image that I copied from my PC to the right SD card. Booting from it still resulted in the error I wrote earlier.I am abke to write to the FAT partition in Linux, so why is RISC OS telling me that its write-protected?

Witch Version of Angström do you use? I mean with the new ROMs the first stable is the Final Release of Super Zaxxon 1.51. It brings a changed Firmware. At this time I use 1.52.

I have build a other Image. The fist test looks a little bit better. May be that helps. I will upload this in the next days. Before I must try any things.

The same Problem? Please try a other (smaller) card. Yesterday I have try a problematic 8GB card. It is also write protect. The card works with Angström but not with Slackware and with my Raspberry Pi.

Inside at this Distro at this time is ArcEM (wirh FMSX and Frodo inside), DosBox and FastDosBox, Hatrari...

More come step by step.

Feel free and try more.

At first you need a working installation. 

Hi Zero3k why have you used DD?

Have anyone confirmed that DD work?

Please try USBIT,work fine here and i never used other Software for that.

I wish you luck that it work,i have not such Problems.

PLZ can you try that your PandoraSlot write to other Cards?

I renember dark that someone had Problems with the Sensor in the Slot who rekognizes the writeprotection.

Maybe its your Pandoraslot.

I wish you only the best that it work,

but maybe i find the Thread with the Guy who solved it for you.

@Ingo: DD was my idea for a "Pandora only"-way...

@Zero3K: Witch parameter you use with DD?

Hi Zero3k why have you used DD?

Have anyone confirmed that DD work?

Please try USBIT,work fine here and i never used other Software for that.

I wish you luck that it work,i have not such Problems.

PLZ can you try that your PandoraSlot write to other Cards?

I renember dark that someone had Problems with the Sensor in the Slot who rekognizes the writeprotection.

Maybe its your Pandoraslot.

I wish you only the best that it work,

but maybe i find the Thread with the Guy who solved it for you.
1. I can't use USB IT since I don't have a card reader.

2. I am able to read/write to other SD cards without any problems.

I'm going to try using a PNY brand SD card since that's the only other brand I have (besides the Lexar and SanDisk that I've already tried). Btw, how do I boot from a USB stick that I put the image onto?

Back