Beta Appstore

Same origin policy issues - basically this is where you trust the website (the appstore) so you automatically trust everything it sends you. It's most important with flash, since there's a billion ways to make it look like something else (a gif for example) and execute code. Only solution to this is to store user content on a different domain (different subdomain works too).
Your 404 page gives off details about your server that can help finding known vulnerabilities, which is even worse since it's not up to date.

Will you have us test the payment method in the next round?

Payment will be PayPal or Google Checkout. They willl take/sent payment. AppStore should just be a "middle man".

Just FYI, I did a quick look (no hard testing, just loaded the website) on my BeagleBoard, and I have to say it isn't Midori friendly. The blue of the menu is black (maybe Midori doesn't recognize the background css attribute), and the text is hard to read.
Works perfectly in Firefox though, and is very 800x480 friendly.

Did ED's vid say that there's a css bug that's been fixed in the windows version but hasn't made it to the linux version yet?

Na-Noo said:
Did ED's vid say that there's a css bug that's been fixed in the windows version but hasn't made it to the linux version yet?

yea thats why i freaked out a little at thatr video, i hope the re-compile the new version before release :eek:

that being said its not a big fix might make a no background style sheet for emergencies :p

thanks wizardstan for checking that out though

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo said:

Nope, it's fixed on normal Linux desktop, just didn't make it into the Angström repo yet :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Na-Noo said:

Nope, it's fixed on normal Linux desktop, just didn't make it into the Angström repo yet :)
Yep, sorry meant in regards to his BeagleBoard

Na-Noo said:
EvilDragon said:
Na-Noo said:

Yep, sorry meant in regards to his BeagleBoard
it's probably in the unstable repo, but last time I tried to upgrade just one thing in the unstable (pidgin, specifically), it proceeded to update a LOT of things that the pidgin package claimed it needed, also all from the unstable repo, which had the net effect of crashing X and forcing me to roll back a lot of packages by removing and then reinstalling them.
I don't particularly feel like going through that again, I'll wait until it's updated in the stable repo.

Sorry the next round of testing is late, I've been grabbing every minute I can to do work on it (and I'm sure some of you with access have noticed the changes happening) but I also need to prepare the hall for assembly so I'm torn.

I'll have it ready before we ship though.

craigix said:
Sorry the next round of testing is late, I've been grabbing every minute I can to do work on it (and I'm sure some of you with access have noticed the changes happening) but I also need to prepare the hall for assembly so I'm torn.

I'll have it ready before we ship though.
Dude, don't panic. If you don't have it ready till launch, I'll just grab my PND manager, bring it up to scratch, and host it for a while. It doesn't support payments (yet) but it is a solid replacement.

Guy Montag said:
If you are still looking for testers, I would like to help. I have some experience in web application developing.

I might make the next one public, so you will all be invited, well everyone reading this thread anyway.

Yea I agree. I don't think you should be spending time on the 'appstore', I think assembly is a much higher priority.

Perhaps you can open up the parts of the website that aren't associated with accounts so people can work out the bugs.

Well I don't know how you are using the database, what is static and what is dynamic content, so I don't know how that will work. I guess you can't assume everyone is using php and mysql :p

dflemstr said:
senorgomez said:
I guess you can't assume everyone is using php and mysql :p
He's using Perl, and, from what I can tell, files and directories for data storage. Well, at least it works...

Oh, well then... ;P

I am not in the beta so thanks for that info. It will be interesting to see how this scales.

EDIT: VVVVVV: heh

Oh yeah, you guys are so much cooler than me, I love your appstores. Oh.. wait..

In other news, screenshot and video size is now equal to half the Pandora res (widescreen), works well. Almost ready for round two.

Back