Arduino IDE not starting

Timstertoo

Got myself an Arduino and got all excited of hooking it up to my Pandora. Got even more excited when i saw there was a PND for the Arduino IDE.

But when I download and try to run it, exactly nothing happens.

Is it working for others? 

Hey, just wanted to chime in as a fellow Arduino user with the Pandora. Pandora seems to have problems compiling for the Leonardo on Super Zaxxon, I get weird errors and I've never really gotten it to work perfectly.

I just started using Pandian so I could use apt-get to install the Arduino IDE from those repos. Just wanted to report that Arduino works pretty flawlessly on Pandian, though I have not had a chance to upload my program to a real arduino yet, I've just been using the IDE to edit existing programs. 

Hope you are successful, please let us know how it works for you!

Hey, just wanted to chime in as a fellow Arduino user with the Pandora. Pandora seems to have problems compiling for the Leonardo on Super Zaxxon, I get weird errors and I've never really gotten it to work perfectly.

I just started using Pandian so I could use apt-get to install the Arduino IDE from those repos. Just wanted to report that Arduino works pretty flawlessly on Pandian, though I have not had a chance to upload my program to a real arduino yet, I've just been using the IDE to edit existing programs. 

Hope you are successful, please let us know how it works for you!

Installing the java runtime pnd didn't do it for me. Same still happens, when I try to open the Arduino pnd exactly nothing happens.

I'll have a look at Pandian, with the Pyra coming up I can diversify :)  

Have you tied running Java before running the IDE? It is a bit clunky, but I believe it is necessary for Libreoffice, too. This is a weakness of the PND system: it is not ideal for lower-level "system" software -- with apt-get, the Pyra should be better.

Pandora was acting up a bit. So to be on the safe side I the manly thing and reflashed it completely.

Only installed Java and Arduino and that's working just fine!

So not sure what exactly the problem was but can confirm that on a clean system with the latest version of Java and Arduino IDE you should have no problems.

Thanks Haraldur and Directive0 for your advice, much appreciated!

Back