Are you a 90's Arcade Racer fan..??

Garrett

Advanced Member
If so you may be interested in helping fund 'The 90's Arcade Racer' (yes that really is what the game is called)

That said though, this does look to be an extremely polished love letter to all the classic coin guzzling arcade racers.

And for once the Kickstarter goal isn't a ridiculous amount

EDIT:

Kickstarter goal achieved, game will release on Wii U, PC, MAC, Linux, iOS & Android

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the grumpy old git in me but this game seems to be very well along on it's development already.

More and more companies appear to be using Kickstarter as a pre-order site.

The Giana sisters remake was the same, the game looked nearly finished so why have it on kickstarter?

Wec le mans the most underated racer ever so much better than outrun and that big spinaround sit in had to be experienced by everyone at least once 

Wec le mans the most underated racer ever so much better than outrun and that big spinaround sit in had to be experienced by everyone at least once 
I disagree about the better than outrun part. And I have this in my basement.

oFFjZRE.jpg

I've always been a fan of arcade racers normally for the technology that they showed at the time. They have always been some of the newest tech at local arcades over the years, but I suck at most of them, but I have always played them from time to time. Daytona USA was the only one over the years I think I invested any time with, and that was because we had a 8 player set up here in Vegas when I moved here in the mid 90's. Playing against 8 others was super intense and beats most of the rubberband game play of kart racers today.

Chris

I love Lotus III give me a new Lotus with cool Sounds and 2 Player Action and i am Happy.

I would Pay up to 20 Euro for a new Lotus Version.

Looks like a cross between Daytona, Ridge Racer and OutRun, which makes it a winner all round in my book :wub:

I disagree about the better than outrun part. And I have this in my basement.

oFFjZRE.jpg
The standup version doesnt do it justice its the feel of the game in the spinaround and the fact you just couldnt turn the wheel all the way it had arcade and simulation intermeshed to perfection also i thought the graphics and sound dumped over outrun

I've been following this Kickstarter for a while. I'd love if it could be ported over to the Pyra (Android ?).

One of my personal favorites is Super GT 24h by Jaleco. I'd also include Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Scud Race and Over Rev.

And OutRun of course. Ever heard of Canonball ?

I've been following this Kickstarter for a while. I'd love if it could be ported over to the Pyra (Android ?).

One of my personal favorites is Super GT 24h by Jaleco. I'd also include Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Scud Race and Over Rev.

And OutRun of course. Ever heard of Canonball ?
Yes. I believe linux swat ported cannonball to the pandora. All those games are great.

What was the other racer? They should hurry up and release this one.
This one, it reminded me of 2 racers I was waiting for 90's Arcade Racer & another that was like Rock 'n' Roll racing.

http://www.ansdor.com/slipstream
I see. Look's a little basic to me. 90's arcade racer hopefully will have good handling, as these kind of games live and die on this basis.
Yeah didn't do anything for be either.

Back