Asking The Public's Advice

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just posted it here. I have seen and heard much about GP32 and Zodiac, and have decided I have two courses of action for replacement of my non-FLU (could be interpreted as 3):

1. Sell my XBOX and Atari stuff, add a few allowances, get a GP32 FLU or BLU
2. Sell my XBOX, PS2, and Atari stuff, add a few allowances, get a Zodiac

In the opinion of the GP32 gaming/development community, which course of action should I take, and, even though I don't play it that much anymore, (although my brother does even though I paid for it) would the sale of my PS2 be worth it in addition to the other sales to get the advantages of the Zodiac?

As this is a gp32 board most people are gonna tell u to get a gp32 lol... Id get a gp32 myself... dont like paying for stuff (other than alcohol)! :unsure:

jmetal88 posted on Jul 8 2004 at 05:54 PM said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just posted it here.  I have seen and heard much about GP32 and Zodiac, and have decided I have two courses of action for replacement of my non-FLU (could be interpreted as 3):

1. Sell my XBOX and Atari stuff, add a few allowances, get a GP32 FLU or BLU
2. Sell my XBOX, PS2, and Atari stuff, add a few allowances, get a Zodiac

In the opinion of the GP32 gaming/development community, which course of action should I take, and, even though I don't play it that much anymore, (although my brother does even though I paid for it) would the sale of my PS2 be worth it in addition to the other sales to get the advantages of the Zodiac?
Buy a Zodiac. But not any Zodiac though, Buy MINE, please. :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12175

Also not sure why you would sell the Xbox and keep the PS2, the Xbox has much better graphics, try Riddick, could never get gfx like that on PS2.

Last edited by a moderator:
ps2 has ffx. and rez. and that is enough :) and the games you can play with the one.. castlevania, street fighter alpha 3, bushido blade.. and parappa the rapper...

xbox no way.

I had a similar thought a week or so ago when my FLU turned into a non-FLU, nearly got a BLU but decided to purchase a Zodiac from GBAX, still waiting for it to arrive. In fairness I will probably get a BLU when I get paid next month.

Additionally, I sold my PS2 a couple of years ago to get a Xbox and the only game I really missed was GTA3 (until it came out on Xbox months later). Simply which one do you prefer to play on? If you like emulation (which you obviously do or you wouldn't have a gp32_console ) then chip your Xbox and have much more fun than either Zodiac or GP32.

Depends what you want it for, GP32 has the best emulator scene but the Zodiac is a PDA...

There are pros and cons - if you just want emulators the GP32 is the best value.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

nihil-00 posted on Jul 8 2004 at 06:14 PM said:
ps2 has ffx. and rez. and that is enough :) and the games you can play with the one.. castlevania, street fighter alpha 3, bushido blade.. and parappa the rapper...

xbox no way.
Dreamcast has rez, too. And you can get a dreamcast with Rez for about 6 or 7 quid- try getting the ps2 game for that!

Sell the PS2 and keep the Xbox. A modded Xbox is fucking ultimate. I definitely wouldn't get rid of mine. You don't even need a chip. Mine is fully modded as if it has a physical chip installed, but I did it all myself for free without buying anything extra. There are so many emulators and they're all superb. Good times.

im sort of regretting getting a zodiac cause no really good commercial games yet, i mostly use it for pda capabilities. i love the way it was made and the features it has but.......the price is too much for too little games at the moment.

i would say you get more for your money if u purchase a zodiac
as for the moment you pay too much for too little if you get the zodiac

Don't forget that if you buy the zodiac, you may then have to pay for the emulators (not sure where this stands atm, I think yoyo might have everything covered for free now - look into it).

For the GP32, All the best stuff is free ;)

IntenseWage posted on Jul 8 2004 at 02:52 PM said:
If you keep the Atari stuff to be old-school for the sake of being old-school, that's ridiculous.
I'm not old enough to be old school. I just like the Atari.

jmetal88 posted on Jul 8 2004 at 11:04 PM said:
IntenseWage posted on Jul 8 2004 at 02:52 PM said:
If you keep the Atari stuff to be old-school for the sake of being old-school, that's ridiculous.
I'm not old enough to be old school. I just like the Atari.
Honestly if you do want a Zodiac 2 (128 MB version) mine is in MINT condition. I am super anal about my handheld game systems and always keep them at home in a case. I was always soft on the buttons/joystick as well. Plus you get case, software, original box, cradle, perfect screen w/NO bad pixels. You won't get any benefit for buying a new one except maybe a dodgy joystick and/or bad pixel(s). I am only selling it because I don't use it much and don't need a PDA. Mine is PERFECT.

Tapwave guarantees it for a year anyway so if it did eventually go tits up you could get it exchanged.

Anyone interested let me know. I could always put it on ebay w/buy it now for you and then tell you the item number if you are unsure of buying direct from me. My feedback on ebay is 100% pos w/over 200 FBs.

Back