Atari 800 Help

Top Op Man

Still Fresh
Im pretty new to GP2X but managed to get most emulators working.
Struggling with Atari 800 as it wont recognize file name.
Ihave firmware 2.1 running.
Thanks in anticipation.

Have a look at this link, should answer your questions:

Here

Edit: Just realised you need help with the GP2X version even though you posted in the GP32 section.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my SD card I have the following structure:

grab.png

Make sure you have the correct files in the 'OS' folder, these are:
5200.rom
ataribas.rom
atariosa.rom
atariosb.rom
atarixl.rom

and your games:
.atr files go in "disks" folder
.com files go in "exe" folder
.bin files go in "rom" folder

Sorry for posting wrong place!
The only download file I have is atari800_gp2x.tar.bz2.
Where are other files mentioned above and have no gpe file.
Thanks for helping v thick person.

Don't worry about the wrong forum, you just confused me a bit :D

The link on the author's website is currently broken, but download this file:

here

and uncompress the file.

simply use the a800 folder from this downloaded file as the a800 folder in the screen grab above.

This will give you the file structure, OS files, and sample Game files.

As for the .gpe file you need to download this:

here

again uncompress and you'll find the .gpe file.

What do I use to uncompress. Usually zip file?
Windows doesnt recognise this file type?
I did go to school honest :)
Thanks for your patience!!

Try this

It looks like it should work, but I can't confirm anything because I have a Mac. WinRAR will probably work too.

If that doesn't work then I could always email you the lot as a zip file tomorrow.

I'm alright with every other emulator but having a nightmare with the Atari 800 emulator. How do i actually load a game, then reset it and load another ? I've done the normal route of selecting a game and running etc but it just comes up with the menu screen and nothing else.

Once you have selected the game that you want to play (which you say you can do) go back to the main menu and select Reset. This is what you had to do with the actual atari 800. It should then boot the newly selected game.

After re-reading your post, on the main menu (the blue one with white text) simply press the left shoulder button to return to the emu after you have selected the game and reset.

carlgeorge said:
The link on the author's website is currently broken
Hmmm, that link must have been broken for _ages_. Surprised no-one mentioned it up until now! My ISP changed providers a while back and think some file types were marked as invalid on the web server. I'll have a look tonight.

As for usage, well looks the everyone is on top of it. Its pretty much just like the PC version except for some additional keymapping stuff (which can be a bit strange).

Thanks,

Mark

Will a D-pad diagonal fix be available for the Atari 800 and 5200 sections of the emu?

I plan to. However I'm taking things a bit easy ATM. Managed to injure my back (broken disk I think...) so not using the PC so much... Besides my copy of Vista just arrived so have to install that first. Only took 2 1/2 months to ship it! Microsoft rule!

Mark

foft said:
I plan to. However I'm taking things a bit easy ATM. Managed to injure my back (broken disk I think...) so not using the PC so much... Besides my copy of Vista just arrived so have to install that first. Only took 2 1/2 months to ship it! Microsoft rule!

Mark
Ouch! I can relate. The last thing I want to do sometimes is code (not disk prob, but SI joint for me). Sitting is pretty painful.

Hope you feel better.

~telengard

Hi foft. I hope that you're feeling better. I have been having a hard time understanding how to get the 5200 joystick to work. I downloaded a 5200 Pac-Man hack that turns the game into Pac-Man Plus from the AtariAge.com forums. I have been able to get it to work in Atari800Win Plus on my PC with no problem, but I absolutely can not get the GP2X joystick to control Pac-Man. I've tried the original Pac-Man rom, as well as Zaxxon and Vanguard. The A button will fire, Select will Pause, Start will start, but the Joystick simply won't respond. I don't have this problem at all when I run games in a non-5200 mode. I have the full distro, and I've set the control menu to both 5200.men and 5200bel.men, but nothing seems to get the joystick working. Is there any chance that you could help me? Thank you very much.

Back