Atari 800

SiIV

Website
Visit site
I've put all the necessary files on atari 800 as the readme says, but when it loads, it hangs on the menu screen, anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

I've put all the necessary files on atari 800 as the readme says, but when it loads, it hangs on the menu screen, anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

Hi there,

You have to have the files laid out exactly as they say in the readme. In other words the paths have to be the same. Make sure also you have the ui files present on the sd. I had the same hang and putting the directories *exactly* as they are specified in the readme fixed it. The author is working on adding relative paths for the next release. If you have already done this and checked it, then I'm not sure what it could be.

hth,
~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I have the exact same problem. Did you upgrade from the initial alpha release? I did, and that's when it hung at the exact same point as you.

I havent bothered to try and fix it since i've been distracted by every other emulator, but I intend to. I wannal try some AR. :D

I too had the same exact problem after upgrading. Until I read the readme and moved the a800 directory to /roms :)

Yep, fix your paths;-) New version is almost done. It has a configurable base path, external clock speed changing, no /tmp usage (memory files) and a few other odds and ends. I'll release next week at some point probably.

Mark

Yep, fix your paths;-) New version is almost done. It has a configurable base path, external clock speed changing, no /tmp usage (memory files) and a few other odds and ends. I'll release next week at some point probably.

Mark

Sounds cool can't wait :)

Just wondering something. Is it possible to speed up the actual emulation to get cycle exact to run perfect at lower clock speeds (for battery life)? It runs great now I was just wondering if there was any room for optimisation or is it at the limit now?

Thanks for the great twork.

Mark
Cool! Thanks for all the work, I love the Atari 8 bit computers :)

Any chance you could implement a keyboard like one Frodo has? That one seems really handy.

Any chance you could implement a keyboard like one Frodo has? That one seems really handy.

Whats wrong with this one? Do you mean the way it the frodo one moves around the screen?

I think it would be nice to make the menus a transparent overlay.

Mark

Just wondering something. Is it possible to speed up the actual emulation to get cycle exact to run perfect at lower clock speeds (for battery life)? It runs great now I was just wondering if there was any room for optimisation or is it at the limit now?

There is plenty of room for optimisation I think. I have done very little... But I'm too lazy! Prefer to recharge my batteries instead.

Mark

Just wondering something.  Is it possible to speed up the actual emulation to get cycle exact to run perfect at lower clock speeds (for battery life)?  It runs great now I was just wondering if there was any room for optimisation or is it at the limit now?

There is plenty of room for optimisation I think. I have done very little... But I'm too lazy! Prefer to recharge my batteries instead.

Mark

Ok how about using 16-way joystick mode for Atari 5200 games that needed analog (missile command, centipede). Plus maybe a "speedup" button that when held down makes the stick move faster and when let off makes the speed slower when in analog mode. For other 5200 and some 400/800 games a case 2 digital (as in the chart in my sig) or even an option for 4-way orthagonal (Pac-Man) 4 -way diagonal (q*bert) control setup. That would be cool and not that hard to implement I would think.

Whats wrong with this one? Do you mean the way it the frodo one moves around the screen?

I think it would be nice to make the menus a transparent overlay.

Mark
This one is really large and sort of in the way, and yeah moving about like the Frodo one is nice. I also seem to have an easier time navigating the more compact Frodo board.

Back