Backtrack

On a (semi) related note, what about packet sniffing? I usually use my Windows partition when I packet sniff, as the video game I do that with (EverQuest, I use ShowEQ) runs smoother on Windows, however, the Linux version of ShowEQ is superior, and set up to sniff packets from a separate PC then the one running EQ. My Pandora would seem to be excellent once I cross compile ShowEQ (open source @ sourceforge) to work on ARM. My question is, often I hunt packets for information ShowEQ is not set up to look for, to add functionality to it, would the tools I require be available for Angstrom?

Like I said in post #3.

Gruso said:
Just be careful about what kind of specifics you go into on these boards. Penetration testing is a legitimate undertaking for some, but a convenient cover name used by others. Cracking & wardriving are up there with warez on the big mod's list of favourite topics.

We don't know everything about Pandora's wifi. If it is capable of packet injection, a member of OP Ltd is sure as hell not going to jump in here and advertise it. If you know what it is you want to do, search the Angstrom repo for the tools you want, then try them yourself when you have a Pandora.

You can talk about lost Windows passwords all you want :p but you know it's a slippery slope. Before long you've got people talking about wardriving, and that's not what the GP32X admins want on the boards.

http://www.angstrom-...ution.org/repo/

Search for the tools there. No need to report back, k?

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
Gruso said:
So is killing people for money.  :ph34r:
80pQ3.jpg

I'm sure the US government (and most others, for that matter) also employ people to "hack" various supposedly secure communication methods too. It's not illegal if you're following orders :ph34r:

b1llygo4t said:
Backtrack is a toolset. pandora would be the perfect platform for those tools. what if i forget my windows log on? stop trying to nerf the world naysayers

i knew it may be a touchy subject but i refuse to believe that no one in the community considered the pandora for network security before(especially since backtrack has been mentioned on the forums before). the last thing i wanted was to start a philosophical argument over the moral uses of the pandora. i figured it would be not only a good introduction to porting simple programs with available source code, but also an opportunity for me to contribute something that people would be interested in using. this is the type of development open source platforms like pandora foster, so i'll be looking into it even if i'm the only one who wants to use it.

I'm all for it, and I'll be playing around with the device after it arrives for all the cool "infosec" (better than "hackery") applications too.

To me the gaming stuff (d-pad etc) is just a bonus (sorry, I know how painful the nubs were to sort out). I'm excited to have a small, functional, and relatively powerful computer with a keyboard. This project is really the only one that got it right from my perspective.

In terms of compatibility with existing apps - ARM has been around for a while, so I'd bet a lot of the stuff that can be built on the other arm based devices (iPaq, n9xx etc) will work like a charm. That should also include some of the apps that are part of backtrack. If we're talking specifically about the whole distro, then I don't believe backtrack has finished ARM compatibility yet.

Just like any other category of software, the Pandora will run what can be built for its hardware. You should be able to sniff wireless networks and bust up some WEP keys (in your lab of course) with things like kismet and aircrack - assuming the wireless chipset is supported.

ricki said:
And as killing, braking into Networks is not illegal in all circumstances!

how do you pronounce Xe anyway? is it \ˈblak-ˌwȯ-tər, -ˌwä-\ ?

btw, did they ever mention the make and model of the wireless chip? i can't find a listing when searching the forums and the user manual just says "integrated Wifi 802.11b/g (up to 18dBm output)"(which doesn't seem like an advanced specification listing to me)

ample said:
btw, did they ever mention the make and model of the wireless chip? i can't find a listing when searching the forums and the user manual just says "integrated Wifi 802.11b/g (up to 18dBm output)"(which doesn't seem like an advanced specification listing to me)
mali said:
J14 is the antenna connector, WG7210 is the Wifi/Bluetooth module.
http://gs113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/?action=view&current=IMG_1037-1.jpg

mali said:
J14 is the antenna connector, WG7210 is the Wifi/Bluetooth module.
http://gs113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/?action=view&current=IMG_1037-1.jpg

yea, i just found that post after searching a little more. i came back here to delete/edit my post but i guess im too slow. thanks for making me look like a jackass, haha. i think i saw that picture on hack-a-day

The search function is crap anyway and nobody expects you to read every post, so dont worry ;)

mali said:
The search function is crap anyway and nobody expects you to read every post, so dont worry ;)

i didn't want to say anything since i just started posting, but yea, half my searches don't...search...

ample said:
mali said:

i didn't want to say anything since i just started posting, but yea, half my searches don't...search...
use google with 'site:gp32x.de/board', works like a charm.

this is a little ot: anyone got an idea which will use less power on both systems: tethering pnd to phone via bluetooth or opening wifi hotspot on phone and using that to go online?

You can also search by using google and start with the command
Code:
site:gp32x.de
That's what I do when I search something :)

edit: Ninja'd

kuru said:
this is a little ot: anyone got an idea which will use less power on both systems: tethering pnd to phone via bluetooth or opening wifi hotspot on phone and using that to go online?
Bluetooth should use far less juice.

The search function is fine if you click Advanced search and set some options. :) The quick search box is useless. I asked in the support forum if the box could be changed to do thread title searches by default, but nothing came of it.

Gruso said:
The search function is fine if you click Advanced search and set some options. :) The quick search box is useless. I asked in the support forum if the box could be changed to do thread title searches by default, but nothing came of it.

Where does it look now?

Did you try it..? Currently it searches entire posts, and displays the results as posts. Useless if you search for say "wifi" which is mentioned in every second thread. But if you search thread titles only, you get a whole list of useful wifi threads.

I'm on a Cisco course. You have to learn how to hack networks (White Hat hacking). That is all.

Back