Beta Beta Test: Upcoming (Hf5) Firmware Image Beta 4

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Another new image for you to test! :)
It's getting pretty stable now, it seems we're nearing a final HF5 release.

It's still not in PND-form, so flashing this puts your Pandora back to the state you got it. Be sure to backup anything you put on the internal storage if you need it.

Here are the changes that happened from Beta 3vto Beta 4:

Code:
* CPU-Settings: Fixed that it sets a wrong CPU speed when pressing cancel
* MiniMenu: Now using only 3-4% CPU when idling
* MiniMenu: Suppress child cats now doesn't make folders in parent cat, for cat-as-folder option; render fix for 'X going up' button
* MiniMenu: When caching icons, can pull them from pndnotifyd /tmp/iconcache as well, but not much faster :/
* Kernel: Various fixed, especially the errors when copying from one SD Card to the other one should be fixed (thanks to urjaman and notaz).

In case you haven't checked the changes of HF5 Beta 1, 2 or 3 yet, here is the link to the the Beta 1 thread, here to the Beta 2 thread and here to the Beta 3 thread.

Download the latest version here.

How to flash the image?

Easy: Download the zipped image and extract the full contents onto the root of your SD Card.
Put the SD Card into slot 1 (the left one), switch on the Pandora while holding the R-Shoulder button and select "boot from SD1:1"

The flashing process should start. After it's finished, reboot the unit.
The first boot will take a while (up to 10 minutes). Patiently wait and you'll be greeted with the First Boot Wizard.

Last edited:
Testing it now.

It would be awesome if in future you could provide a diff between versions (i.e. diff of beta3 to beta4)
Would save d/ling a lot...

-(e)

My toggle wifi option has vanished from the system menu of my Pandora, Ive tried rebooting twice now to see if that'd make a difference, no joy yet. Has anyone else had this issue? Network manager is still enabled on startup

Can't say for certain this a new bug, but I was just playing Zelda 3t on this hotfix and quit with the pandora button. It reloaded minimenu successfully, but it kept a freeze of Zelda on top. Had to restart to get rid of it. Happened to me the other day with one of the Linux ports too, maybe monkey bubble.

Have to ask sebt3 about that .. sound slike its using the wrong layer of the display (unlikely), or using opengl ad not shutting down right or something. ODd, but shouldn't be related to mmenu updates.

jeff

Back